Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who really pray on beginner runners. All experienced runners I know either use their club coaches or pick their individual coaches much better
Yeah I think that's really true. As this stuff about Bester that's come out makes it clear, their model is basically "look impressive on insta" and then people sign up thinking they must know what they are doing. Eventually they probably figure out err no, I am broken now, and no one has replied to my questions, but by that time the next load have signed up. So you just rinse and repeat.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I think that's really true. As this stuff about Bester that's come out makes it clear, their model is basically "look impressive on insta" and then people sign up thinking they must know what they are doing. Eventually they probably figure out err no, I am broken now, and no one has replied to my questions, but by that time the next load have signed up. So you just rinse and repeat.
Yep I wonder how many loyal customers they have… very few of the insta coaches seem to have anyone to sticks around

I was actually talking about this kinda thing with my coach this morning, because there is a part of me who wishes I was leaner. But he rightfully pointed out that I can hip thrusts almost 300kg and deadlift double my weight which I absolutely would not be able to do if I was her size!
That’s not meaning to come across as a brag 😂😂 but it’s not all about being the smallest you can be
Wow! I thought I was stronguntil I saw your 300kg! Blooming heck! Impressive stuff.
I actually really enjoy the combo of lifting and running. Although when Mara training I do find it hard to keep the muscle and strength up when mileage goes up.

Wondering how long these be there for?
Already gone! Who is saying he’s a scammer? Previous clients or other coaches??

Reactions: 2
I hope the bubble bursts soon. It’s almost the coaching equivalent of an MLM
I can’t understand why so many people want to work with him in the first place. I look at his Instagram page and it makes my skin crawl. He is obnoxious, arrogant, and frankly a bit creepy

Reactions: 6
I can’t understand why so many people want to work with him in the first place. I look at his Instagram page and it makes my skin crawl. He is obnoxious, arrogant, and frankly a bit creepy
The arrogance of him is breath-taking, he lead a unofficial pace group in the championship start in the London marathon which is against the rules, then acted like a prat the whole way through it, cutting off runners, whooping and hollering like a twit, especially at Tower bridge. I hear the corporate banking background that he likes to bang on about on insta is a load of twaddle aswell, he was a glorified teaboy

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The arrogance of him is breath-taking, he lead a unofficial pace group in the championship start in the London marathon which is against the rules, then acted like a prat the whole way through it, cutting off runners, whooping and hollering like a twit, especially at Tower bridge. I hear the corporate banking background that he likes to bang on about on insta is a load of twaddle aswell, he was a glorified teaboy
Can he not be reported to marathon organisers and hopefully kicked out of future editions?

Reactions: 3
He actually makes my skin crawl too! I follow a load of tits on Instagram but even I can’t bare to follow him.
I saw him at a race this weekend and it was laps so had the wonderful experience of seeing him many times in the race, can’t stand the man!

I'm so glad I don't race much and am in the grim north where I expect I wouldn't bump into him. I can see Sarah is on the entry list for an upcoming race I'll be at though.

I'm so glad I don't race much and am in the grim north where I expect I wouldn't bump into him. I can see Sarah is on the entry list for an upcoming race I'll be at though.
Same, the only one up near me is Kirsty but she doesn't seem to do local races/parkrun very often.

people (runners) get impressed with the look, they have some very fast runners (himself, Anna) that gives them visibility. And them the horrendous kit gives them sense of belonging and exclusivity. I rather being naked that with those vests, but I have no sense of fashions, neither I select my club because the colours...

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.