Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As if Lilliesfitness had 6 gels on her 12 mile run today. So fake, it’s like she’s a walking advert for the Maurtan (or whatever they’re called) brand gels. 🤣 I did a 12 mile run today too, no rip-off expensive gels whatsoever just ate & drank sufficiently beforehand, was perfectly fine 🤷‍♀️
Ugh I had to unfollow this girl a month or two back! Credit for her progression but she's so over the top and literally gets free stuff because of people on the right places. Same as her being in a mag lately, noticed (from all the story re-shares) it was her best mate who was the editor of said publication or something. I've seen her swanning around at events before like she's some kind of celeb and she really isn't

Reactions: 3
I really think putting any nutrition anything even if it’s just “this is what I do” is so dangerous! There are a few that are awful for it

Nutrition is totally personal. But 6 on a 12 mile run? 🤮 I’m trying to up mine (only by 1 or 2) for my next marathon to see if I can tolerate a bit more and see if it helps the legs work better at the end!!

Reactions: 4
I see the Brooks announcements are out today. obviously people are louder about it when they get in but have seen a few goodbye posts, albeit before today.

Are people surprised that beat athletics is essentially just good marketing and nothing else?!
I don’t really pay any attention to him because he comes across as so fake and annoying. I would never pay to be coached by him, it all seems very cult like. Not a fan. I didn’t realise he was stealing clients from other coaches! He must be making a fortune from copy and pasting training plans, it’s sickening. People must sign up to be part of a community more than anything.

Reactions: 4
Talking of running plans, isn’t the Runna app exactly the same with their generic, one-size-fits-all training plans?

At £15.99 a month for a copy-paste plan (which won’t suit everyone) with no other foreseeable benefits, does anyone else feel a bit skeptical about it?

Reactions: 6
I knew he was overcharging for cut and paste plans but didn’t know the extent of it - how many clients and stealing them. Wow. No wonder all the Insta huns are jumping on the Coach wagon whilst they can

Reactions: 5
Oh wow, that makes him look so bad. I mean let’s be honest how could Nick ever personalise 160 running plans!

on a different note, Kirsty who begged for a watch has decided to go back to her garmin!

Reactions: 5
160 people at £160 is 25k a month!!! That’s ridiculous! No wonder he left his job to do this!

how does he sit down in a Thursday and write 160 plans for the next week….

craziness

• Wow
Finally he’s getting exposed like we all knew he would eventually! He’s surely got to be making a wage from the adidas runners gig too or is it just freebies do we reckon

Reactions: 7
Talking of running plans, isn’t the Runna app exactly the same with their generic, one-size-fits-all training plans?

At £15.99 a month for a copy-paste plan (which won’t suit everyone) with no other foreseeable benefits, does anyone else feel a bit skeptical about it?
Yes I’m a bit skeptical of it. Mainly because a lot of “influencers” are endorsing it. I haven’t tried it though so that’s maybe not fair. I’m enjoying the garmin coach on my watch. I guess whatever works for the individual!

Is there any more background on this? I don’t know who the Matt guy is.
Matt Fox is the founder of Sweat Elite and used to partner with Bester in their training videos for Rotterdam and Berlin. Was a coach at Best Athletics for a few months but looks to be setting up his own coaching under Sweat Elite now.

Fair play to him for calling Bester out.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.