Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of running plans, isn’t the Runna app exactly the same with their generic, one-size-fits-all training plans?

At £15.99 a month for a copy-paste plan (which won’t suit everyone) with no other foreseeable benefits, does anyone else feel a bit skeptical about it?
I use Runna coach and I honestly can't knock it. It's pretty much copy & paste but it does base it off an estimated time and you can change things around if needed to. It's also got S&C work on there and useful articles. I get more from it for £15.99 a month than when I was being 'coached' by an Instacoach.

Reactions: 4
To be fair to Runna (and I haven't tried it but also keep getting served ads etc, so they are clearly spending lots of money on that) it doesn't claim to be personalised does it? I mean only by an algorithm. It's not like Bester charging £175 a month for "personalised" plans which are all exactly the same for everyone and which he's farming out the actual work (copy and paste, x 500..) to his very own factory of miniBester slaves

Reactions: 8
I just can’t see the different in Runna vs the Hal Higdon app which adapts to what you input your runs as and is free!
Looks similar compared to what the million ‘influencers’ they have on their books have shared…. It’s getting repetitive. Instantly have no respect for any brand that associates with someone like Charlotte inflating her ‘hero600’ ego further.

Reactions: 3
I have to have a rant about HeartnSoleRunning... I've hate-followed her for years, and yesterday's ridiculous, literary salad of the day commentary finally broke me and I just have to share. Tell me I'm not the only one...

HnSR.PNG

Elevated??? duck the duck off, you navel-gazing twit!!!!!

And someone please tell me what the hell is with the awkward half bent-over pose?? Every. Goddamn. Day.

HnSR1.PNG

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I unfollow on princple any account that posts the same sodding photo day after day. It's SO boring.

Reactions: 7
I’ve been successful with my free training plans from Runner’s World 😆. I can’t seeing paying a coach unless they’re local to me and host group runs or something like that.

Reactions: 10
Loads of women Instarunners do that stupid bent over pose. I think it’s because it somehow slims their legs?!?! Just stand normally!!!

Reactions: 9
I unfollow on princple any account that posts the same sodding photo day after day. It's SO boring.
What, you mean like this melon? Same pose every single time. Someone make it make sense how she's got so many followers please? Oh hang on, I know why actually...
Screenshot_20230109-145354~2.png

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Ha ha yes quite. Also when you post it like a grid like that all the bloody head tilting one way or the other makes me feel slightly seasick 🤣🤣🤣

To be fair, I don’t even follow plans anymore.- but of speed here, lots of easy, a long run when I can…and that’s all. I’m very busy and a plan would stress me out.
I’m not elite as those IG stars pretend to be anyway XD

Reactions: 5
Why can’t Sarah just enjoy a blinking ski holiday without having to run 4 hours a day as well!!

And I also keep noticing the shots of the skinny legs too after someone mentioned it… she videos to pretend she’s showing off shoes or something underfoot but always starts so you can 100% see the mile wide thigh gap. It’s quite sad really

Why can’t Sarah just enjoy a blinking ski holiday without having to run 4 hours a day as well!!

And I also keep noticing the shots of the skinny legs too after someone mentioned it… she videos to pretend she’s showing off shoes or something underfoot but always starts so you can 100% see the mile wide thigh gap. It’s quite sad really
Yes and the photos for the grid shes stood legs wide apart too.
We get it. You’re thin

Reactions: 7
Yes and the photos for the grid shes stood legs wide apart too.
We get it. You’re thin
I was actually talking about this kinda thing with my coach this morning, because there is a part of me who wishes I was leaner. But he rightfully pointed out that I can hip thrusts almost 300kg and deadlift double my weight which I absolutely would not be able to do if I was her size!
That’s not meaning to come across as a brag 😂😂 but it’s not all about being the smallest you can be

• Heart
I was actually talking about this kinda thing with my coach this morning, because there is a part of me who wishes I was leaner. But he rightfully pointed out that I can hip thrusts almost 300kg and deadlift double my weight which I absolutely would not be able to do if I was her size!
That’s not meaning to come across as a brag 😂😂 but it’s not all about being the smallest you can be
300kg!!! You are my hero!

• Heart
Wondering how long these be there for?
Screenshot_20230110-164607~2.png
Screenshot_20230110-164551~2.png
Screenshot_20230110-164544~2.png
Screenshot_20230110-133014~2.png

Also, why does Georginaa always sprint everywhere? I would think more of her if she actually posted a video of herself running slowly 🙄, and loving her new lips 😗

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.