Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regardless of it not being a criminal conviction, his employers deemed there to be enough evidence to dismiss him. And whilst I don’t think there should be a massive witch-hunt he has sexually assaulted someone and tried to pass it off as this “high jinks” banter tit. And has verbally abused other work colleagues, no doubt he’ll say that was “banter” as well.
If he had grabbed a woman by the crotch on a night out I’m sure there would be more being done by the brands who support him to distance themselves from him.
I am worried for him as far as which hunts go. He's already lost his job, I assume Brooks will kick him off and I imagine his marriage will almost certainly be on the rocks. Don't get me wrong, no one should be able to get away with sexual assault but this is the sort of thing that can send someone into a downward spiral. Any wannabe influencer should consider these scenarios beforehand, he's about to (rightly) receive a tit load of criticism, I hope all the free shoes and multi-vitamins are worth the mental toll he's about to experience.

Reactions: 3
I don’t feel sorry for him at all. It is very simple: don’t grope people. (Or catcall or abuse or assault etc). He made a choice and he will hopefully pay the consequence.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t feel sorry for him at all. It is very simple: don’t grope people. (Or catcall or abuse or assault etc). He made a choice and he will hopefully pay the consequence.
Agreed! Sorry, feeling sorry for him was probably the wrong wording. I just wanted to highlight that these influencers sell their soul for a few hand outs, but it aint all rosey, do something wrong and the fall will be 10 times as hard. Not sure this chap will be strong enough to weather the tit storm coming his way. All his own fault of course. Just kinda hope he survives the which hunt without a complete mental implosion.

I love that the newspapers used a photo of him in his Run Happy Team hoodie, sure that will go down well with Brooks!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
£60k salary though…what a cheek to try and crowdfund for overseas races!
I know what he's alleged to have done is wrong, but this is what's annoyed me the most. To have the audacity to ask others to fund his foreign runs when he earns double the UK average. Unbelievable.

Reactions: 9
Spot on. What gives anyone the right to actually physically/verbally grab or abuse someone. No. Deserves the punishment coming his way.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He obviously wasn't popular at work if his idiocy has been used against him to get him sacked (and rightly so). He's definitely got an enemy if someone's gone to the papers with it. Talk about kicking a man while he's down. I reckon he's pissed someone off beyond a one-off incident.

I’m guessing that after the groping incident was brought to light the people who have been verbally abused by him stood up, the article implies there were multiple episodes of this. sometimes it just takes one person to start the chain reaction.
I work in a local authority and It’s incredibly difficult to dismiss someone without going through all the red tape even were there has been gross misconduct, and I’m sure the probation service will be no different. He’s probably been suspended on full pay for the whole time it was being investigated.

I am worried for him as far as which hunts go. He's already lost his job, I assume Brooks will kick him off and I imagine his marriage will almost certainly be on the rocks. Don't get me wrong, no one should be able to get away with sexual assault but this is the sort of thing that can send someone into a downward spiral. Any wannabe influencer should consider these scenarios beforehand, he's about to (rightly) receive a tit load of criticism, I hope all the free shoes and multi-vitamins are worth the mental toll he's about to experience.
100% disagree. It’s REALLY easy to not be a complete bleep. He bought this on himself. duck him. Let the downward spiral commence

Reactions: 9
I think this needs to be concluded before it goes out of control.

If he gets booted off the Brooks team and the event is cancelled then it's deserved, and I think it should happen..

But..

..a few of the comments are saying he deserves all he gets. He's paying for it being in the papers, losing his job and likely getting it in the neck at home so even though I dislike the guy, I hope his mental health doesn't get to the point where something horrible happens because tit like that does happen, even if the person is a knob.

Reactions: 10
100% disagree. It’s REALLY easy to not be a complete bleep. He bought this on himself. duck him. Let the downward spiral commence
Agree with this statement, though I do feel sorry for his wife and kids. They didn't ask for this, and they surely don't get all of the advantages of his funbussing his way around the world.

I think this needs to be concluded before it goes out of control.

If he gets booted off the Brooks team and the event is cancelled then it's deserved, and I think it should happen..

But..

..a few of the comments are saying he deserves all he gets. He's paying for it being in the papers, losing his job and likely getting it in the neck at home so even though I dislike the guy, I hope his mental health doesn't get to the point where something horrible happens because tit like that does happen, even if the person is a knob.
I understand what you’re saying and yet he still had choice. Victims of abuse (of any kind) have no choice in being targeted and the subsequent impact on their mental health. I wish him no harm but he chose to do what he did, takes no responsibility/dismisses it, and it takes an awful lot to be dismissed from the public sector.

B5DD9ACE-CC6F-497D-9C69-0A9DFE32C281.jpeg

if he didn’t do it, how has the internal investigation concluded that he behaved in a way that is classed as gross misconduct?

Reactions: 7
God that's positively Trump-like response. Claiming the media lies etc. What have they printed that is lies, because if it is, will she/ he be suing? Newspapers have legal departments, they don't always get it spot on obviously (or there would never been any retractions or court cases) but in 99.9% of cases, they've checked, run it by the lawyers and... its printed.

View attachment 995505
if he didn’t do it, how has the internal investigation concluded that he behaved in a way that is classed as gross misconduct?
Also "paid money to be a source"? I highly doubt it. It's not a bloody "bring down the government" story is it? I doubt the source who told the paper about it got any money at all, or possibly a tiny tip fee. The source probably IS the HR department!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.