Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I’ve taken a break from the thread I am mainly on because it is getting too much, and I can honestly say that I feel so let down by the people I follow because they aren’t speaking up, that even the running side of SM is no longer a happy place.

Abuse is abuse, regardless of who the recipient is. The perpetrator needs to know that it never is just “high jinks” or “catcalling”. We are at the start of a long journey to make society realise that men cannot act like this towards anyone. I really don’t care that it isn’t a police matter. It is a dismissal. If these instarunners had any kind of backbone they would be using their platform for good right now. There is very little good going on and we could use some.

Reactions: 17

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
I just read the whole Kel WR Gav debate. How entertaining. Does really show the true colors of Wellogs. They could have responded in a normal manner, but instead was their usual defensive selves. WR comparing her choice to when he ran a 2:29 marathon!!! Hahahahahaha what an absolute idiot. Apples and oranges. This is all a recipe for disaster. We all see it. They are too far up their own arses to see it. And Gav wasn't rude. They started the rude, sad life, trolling, jealous crap. And you know they will block them and anyone who liked a comment that was against them. Such childish behaviour.

And YES KELLY, you are trying DESPARATELY to be a z list celebrity. Ig, Strava, Twitter, YouTube, Benecol (and still on the cake, brownies, biscuits daily) rundywear, skin cream.... It's absurd.

Honestly, no one can EVER question what they say and post. It was an honest question about running. There was no comment about their personal lives, and there is TONS that could have been said there. (Can see thread 1 if you want to) Her stories were just embarrassing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
WR hasn't even been running that long. A few years. Began running for his mental health. Some may disagree with me, but I think some people/bodies are just built to run faster naturally. Ive been running for 16 years and I'll never BQ. I know my body and my limits. But look at PMG who pops out a baby and is running faster than I EVER will just months later. Fast runner does NOT equal smart/good/knowledgeable coach. If you've always been a quick runner, then what do you know about different abilities? That's what real courses and training should help with. But these instacoaches do the least amount of work and research and rely on their fast ability and somehow relay that into coaching. Sorry, doesn't work that way. That really is belittling coaches who have put in the honest time and work to become a qualified coach! Paying some twat £100 for a copy and paste plan and rarely even talk with you?? What a joke. And then see how he reacts to criticism online?? That he is a petulant little weasel? Come on now. Bad bad advertising Mr Welshrunner.

• Heart

Gunt

I had as much faith in Kelly doing that Marathon as I did Welshnobber wearing them UA trainers other than for his Ads.

• Haha

snapdrag0n

VIP Member
Part of me wonders if they cancelled Valencia in case she had to quarantine when she came back; which would have meant WR couldn’t go to Kenya because no-one would be around to look after their children. I think that’s probably what people have already said but my brain isn’t working great today 😂

can we have a Wellogs thread? It’d be easier to update my OH on them from one place 😂
I can start one give me a mo!

Let’s take this to a new home, team wellogs deserve their own place 👇

Kudos to @eyethinkyousuck for the new thread title - I couldn’t resist! Ah the first thread has to have the actual name. Booo.

Last edited:
  • Heart

heroverthere

We can’t comment on Welloggs stuff because after the attack from their packs of hyenas the comments are deleted and blocked.
So we have to do it here.
WR and Kelly, Gav was simply asking a question, there was no attack, yet you attacked him. You then allowed your cult following to attack him, and applauded it.
You and others are all part of this ‘be kind’ stuff when it suits.
Hypocrites.
I’ve done sub4 marathons before and my training plan didn’t have any races 3-4 weeks up to marathon day. There’s a reason for this, and WR - the coach - doesn’t understand this for the ability that Kelly has.
Having a race this close to marathon day is fine for a different athlete, a quicker athlete, but not Kelly. This has just highlighted that WR can not do coaching plans for various abilities.
Finishing up my rant, WR and Kelly need to have a look at themselves, they believe they’re something higher than the rest of us, sorry to break it to you both but you’re no better than the rest of us, so stop pretending and treating others like you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
So here is my thought, being the cynical person I am. She freaked out. Couldn't take the pressure. She knows she wasn't prepared. She built it up so bad, along with her terrible coaching advice. Then on top of it all, does a Garmin giveaway and has 611 comments!!!! So many kissing arse with unrealistic times. After that, she couldn't go to Valencia and blow up. Would ruin her(their) precious image....which honestly is hanging by a thread. Those of us with little ones know how easy it is to just say one is sick. I truly hope Harri is fine. He shouldn't be dragged into their crap as much as he is anyway. Hope she takes time away from social media and focus on what's important.

This after the car not starting next week. Just screams she imploded under the pressure.

Attachments

• Heart

techgurladpi

And this scabby prat is now throwing out the apologies after he was caught! No mention of apologising for December when you were in the start pen and paced all the way, even going through the finish line and helping yourself to water and a snack, something everyone else pays for…but sure you carry on!
Oh give me a f***ing break! Who runs in Battersea and thinks to themselves, "I know what would make a super cool image for the gram! Crossing the finish line of a race I'm not registered for." Please. I regularly run in Battersea during these events and never have I thought it would be cool to run through their finish line to nab a photo for the gram. :rolleyes:

runlondon21

WR hasn't even been running that long. A few years. Began running for his mental health. Some may disagree with me, but I think some people/bodies are just built to run faster naturally. Ive been running for 16 years and I'll never BQ. I know my body and my limits. But look at PMG who pops out a baby and is running faster than I EVER will just months later. Fast runner does NOT equal smart/good/knowledgeable coach. If you've always been a quick runner, then what do you know about different abilities? That's what real courses and training should help with. But these instacoaches do the least amount of work and research and rely on their fast ability and somehow relay that into coaching. Sorry, doesn't work that way. That really is belittling coaches who have put in the honest time and work to become a qualified coach! Paying some twat £100 for a copy and paste plan and rarely even talk with you?? What a joke. And then see how he reacts to criticism online?? That he is a petulant little weasel? Come on now. Bad bad advertising Mr Welshrunner.
100%.

I completely agree, some people are never going to BQ due to their body shape/natural max capabilities, and someone who may have never previously run a day in their life will BQ by a huge margin in their first marathon. As we’ve said before on this thread though, a BQ is not the be all and end all, and everyone should have their own goals that make sense for THEM. A good coach would help you figure out if they are achievable or not, and would be honest with you, rather than letting you chase a pie in the sky dream where you inevitably crash and burn at every opportunity.

I fully agree as well that a fast runner does not equal a good coach, and I’ll go as far to say that if their website shows a complete obsession with their PBs and own capabilities (*cough* Lloyd Kempson *cough*), run for the hills. People like WR and that ilk just dole out the training that works for them without regard to the individual. Makes me angry, as I’m a coach myself and I spend so much time making individual plans for my clients and being available all the time for them! And because of these insta coaches’ antics, people might be wary of hiring coaches and then be less likely to work with someone like myself who actually gives a shit!

• Heart

Luisa18

Chatty Member
Makes me die. The World According to WR who thought he could bosh out a 100k race one month ahead of his A race at Berlin, on sub par training which was based on speed and road running. Blinded by arrogance and the thought of wearing a Wales vest that he wasted a good opportunity, rather than parking it for 1 year and actually TRAINING for it and smashing it.

Obviously someone you want to take training advice from. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LadyTron

View attachment 892094
Of course he's blocked 🙄🙄

Gav wasn't rude. He asked a question. They didn't like it they then let their followers jump on him.
Absolute joke.
This has been deleted

Also notice the one comment supporting Gav has been deleted.

I hope Kelly and Matt never try to make it in a real job! I have regular supervision which often includes difficult conversations around how I may have handled situations better and how I can develop in my role to progress and strengthen my team going forward. Being able to handle that stuff graciously also sends a positive message to the kids around you in terms of how they handle life’s crap.

I’ve also experienced what Gav experienced yesterday via a different ‘influencer’ platform and it’s not a good look to allow the masses to come like vultures. I was the subject of 90 plus abusive comments and an Insta TV post by the account holder. I left Insta for 5 months and it had a huge impact on my emotional health.

The only bullies and trolls at work were Kelly, Matt and their sycophantic audience. Not a good look and thoroughly depressing/disappointing behaviour from grown adults. Having 5 kids does not automatically pass you as a mature individual, Kelly.

• Sad
  • Heart

hollyhocks

Chatty Member
Wow. They’re really just there for the echo chamber, aren’t they? How many times will Kelly bomb a marathon before she realizes the “trolls/bullies” might have a point?

• Heart
Reactions: 12