Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The article quotes a prison service spokesperson who confirms the sacking and that sexual misconduct isn’t tolerated. The “source” told the newspaper the misconduct was in relation to groping and verbal abuse.
Two different sources of information.

Reactions: 5
jeez who and where are they?
Any ‘influencer’ who gets called out on something seems to hop on the bandwagon closely followed by their band of blindsided minions to flock to their aid telling people who are call them out they should #bekind.

Reactions: 1
Any ‘influencer’ who gets called out on something seems to hop on the bandwagon closely followed by their band of blindsided minions to flock to their aid telling people who are call them out they should #bekind.
Yeah I was just wondering if someone was posting sticking up for him, because if so then they’re wrong to do so given the circumstances. I’ve actually seen a couple post stories but take them down and these are heavily fighting for the women and safety rights for us, so not sure how they think this can be accepted as an unfortunate incident 🙄

His wife is also embarrassing herself on Twitter saying it’s all lies. Imagine a government run place of work sacking someone on a whim of Chinese whispers! No love, he’s been caught out and whilst I admire you loyalty you need to log off the internet for today!

Yeah I was just wondering if someone was posting sticking up for him, because if so then they’re wrong to do so given the circumstances. I’ve actually seen a couple post stories but take them down and these are heavily fighting for the women and safety rights for us, so not sure how they think this can be accepted as an unfortunate incident 🙄

His wife is also embarrassing herself on Twitter saying it’s all lies. Imagine a government run place of work sacking someone on a whim of Chinese whispers! No love, he’s been caught out and whilst I admire you loyalty you need to log off the internet for today!
was cat one of them? I’m avidly awaiting to see the position she takes 🤔

Silence from #TeamBrooks

I have seen some smaller accounts share with questions about allowing him to pace Manchester and remain in the Run Happy Cult.

Can’t see the hoo-har on Twitter though..?

Reactions: 2
you'd have to feel sorry for the wife and kids, the shame of it, this is bad and he has thrown away a great career too, I always knew he a wrong un after the crowdfunding for the aborted Tokyo trip. Phoenix running has dropped him like a hot spud and I expect all the others will do too

was cat one of them? I’m avidly awaiting to see the position she takes 🤔
No but I am too! She’ll happily hang around with Fudgie and let her Dad invite him to things she’s involved in, so she’s a bit of a hypocrite. She also pissed me off last week, what happened with the murder was horrific and for us women really doesn’t help us, but she posts about it with a selfie! Why?! Just post a photo of Ashling and not your own stupid face 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 7
[QUOTE="she posts about it with a selfie! Why?! Just post a photo of Ashling and not your own stupid face 🤷🏽‍♀️
[/QUOTE]
Cat is a f****ing narcissist. I don’t buy any of her “I’m here to advocate for women’s safety whilst running.” She’s advocating for herself, full stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
[QUOTE="she posts about it with a selfie! Why?! Just post a photo of Ashling and not your own stupid face 🤷🏽‍♀️
[/QUOTE]
Cat is a f****ing narcissist. I don’t buy any of her “I’m here to advocate for women’s safety whilst running.” She’s advocating for herself, full stop.
[/QUOTE]
Yep always seems that way to get her attention fix and turn it full circle back to her! She’s right we do get harassed all the time but her getting it in every run is bullshit! She’d go for a solo run on the moon and say she was cat called

Where is the social media up roar about bumbus? Where are the protests? Why haven’t brands spoken out? Why is he still posting? Surely, regardless of the “final” outcome, people/brands etc should see him as a man who groped someone against their will?

Reactions: 4
Where is the social media up roar about bumbus? Where are the protests? Why haven’t brands spoken out? Why is he still posting? Surely, regardless of the “final” outcome, people/brands etc should see him as a man who groped someone against their will?
There were a lot of people tweeting about it yesterday morning, but possibly only the hardcore! I saw reference to Phoenix having taken down his marathon but not any statement from them. Manchester Marathon looking into it. I agree that had this been an assault against a woman there would be uproar and that’s very disappointing for men who want such assaults to be taken seriously.

I also noticed Fun Bus never responded to the murders of the women runners and it got me thinking that collectively those male run influencers and their brands have such a massive audience they could use that to build quite a significant and relevant group of male allies to support that cause.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
You are absolutely right. It makes me so sad that more wasn’t made of this yesterday.

I don’t want this to go OT, but it would have been a huge deal for this man to have reported the prison governor. He won’t have done this lightly and it would have caused tidal waves in the prison system.

To be fair to the likes of WR and Ben Parkes, they did repost stuff on their stories regarding Ashling. They could be doing it for kudos or actually wanting to be an ally, so I am not going to criticise them. But on the flip side, everyone needs to call out Funbus. This is not right and given the horrendous stats regarding the reporting of male rape , it is even more important to stand up for the recipient of the abuse.

Reactions: 9
I've seen stuff about it on Twitter but nothing on Instagram. Lots of it is being talked about in quite a coded way, no hashtags etc so it's hard to get a sense of the scale. However I do thing people are mindful of a pile on. Where have brands responded. I'll be interested to see what they say given the lack of criminal charges.

Oh my god just catching up. I would be interested to see how people respond but I’m on Instagram all the time and I don’t think it’s easy to find out or to know if you aren’t on here. So to be fair I don’t think many people would necessarily know especially as he is posting as normal!!!
With Brooks I think their selection is really off anyway. The new ones this year, hardly diverse were they. Which really disappointed me.
The comments about people who know him or podcasts or whatever are only really fair if people have the information about him tho

Reactions: 2
I wouldn't expect Brooks to make some kind of public statement. It's not like he's their employee, and I doubt they'd want to draw attention to it further (the association) - I would obviously hope and expect them to ditch him but to be fair it's only yesterday this came out. Sure he's fairly well known in the limited world of running influencers but he's hardly famous, actually has a fairly limited insta following (less than 10k) so they'd actually be mad to put out some public statement about it to the press!

More generally I think it's harder on Insta to draw attention to stuff like this - after all, on Twitter you can just share the direct link to the Mirror story. Can't really do that on Insta, it's not really a sharing or words medium is it?

Reactions: 4
I agree. I'm still thinking why no one has made a scene out of it. Likely will have happened if he had groped a female colleague

I wouldn't expect Brooks to make some kind of public statement. It's not like he's their employee, and I doubt they'd want to draw attention to it further (the association) - I would obviously hope and expect them to ditch him but to be fair it's only yesterday this came out. Sure he's fairly well known in the limited world of running influencers but he's hardly famous, actually has a fairly limited insta following (less than 10k) so they'd actually be mad to put out some public statement about it to the press!

More generally I think it's harder on Insta to draw attention to stuff like this - after all, on Twitter you can just share the direct link to the Mirror story. Can't really do that on Insta, it's not really a sharing or words medium is it?
In terms of "vetting" to-be and current ambassadors would be difficult. I guess at the very least shoe/clothing companies need to have some form of contract/guidelines and if they're broken then the ambassador is cut loose. On this basis FunBalls should be cut loose.

I agree. I'm still thinking why no one has made a scene out of it. Likely will have happened if he had groped a female colleague

In terms of "vetting" to-be and current ambassadors would be difficult. I guess at the very least shoe/clothing companies need to have some form of contract/guidelines and if they're broken then the ambassador is cut loose. On this basis FunBalls should be cut loose.
I bet they do. No way those brands don't have some protection/ clause about bringing their brand into disrepute.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.