Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Further comment on the FunBus news. I imagine he would have to tell race organisers he has a conviction/has been sacked for sexual conduct?
Thing is it didn’t involve the police, so no conviction. Being sacked, no one has to disclose why. But obviously it’s news worthy because he was sacked for a very serious reason and that’s been leaked to the press. I do wonder if the police will now get involved…

ETA - I think Brooks should think seriously about having him on the team now. It’s bad press when you google his name definitely.

“As we were running past” as in running through the balloon arch? Dick head, what about when he’s been seen by a number of people taking snacks in December and having water the other day? Lying creep honestly 🤷🏼‍♂️
It’s not normal to run through a race finish line if you’re not participating. He saw an opportunity for the gram and a post run snack.
These influencers need to get a grip.

Reactions: 10
Apparently it’s not about the numbers and the likes for Alex, but here’s a photo for attention and a brag that she’s purchased a large quantity of her 10k followers 😂

Remember…Like, Save, Share ✈

🤦🏽‍♀️

Keen to see how the Whatthefartlek podcast and “family” say about it, as they are all balls deep in that danger.
Sorry for Monday morning thickness but what do you mean by this? Are they a gropey bunch too?

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Apparently it’s not about the numbers and the likes for Alex, but here’s a photo for attention and a brag that she’s purchased a large quantity of her 10k followers 😂

🤦🏽‍♀️

Sorry for Monday morning thickness but what do you mean by this? Are they a gropey bunch too?
This is just so cringe.

Reactions: 2
Runthrough UK follow Bester on Insta so I doubt very much they'll do anything about his freeloading. Just another wanker who gets away with tit behaviour because it drives traffic to the 'gram.

Reactions: 3

🤦🏽‍♀️

I have no idea about the people who run the podcast, but I do know they are all super matey with him. Just will be fun to see if they come out and say anything. I know if any friend of mine did anything of the sort, especially when they are in some sort of “position” like that absolute danger is, I would have something to say. But they won’t. They will all rally around him or just ignore it. I know a few people who have already emailed Manchester saying if he isn’t removed as a pacer they will be not running and seeking advice on getting a refund due to feeling uncomfortable having a pacer there who has been caught up in sexual assault allegations.

Isn't a race company putting a special marathon on for this 100th with a super cringe bus medal? Wonder how they'll handle that?

Isn't a race company putting a special marathon on for this 100th with a super cringe bus medal? Wonder how they'll handle that?
Oh yeah…. Although I imagine the usual will still support him and what not. Like the usual continue to meet up with Fudgie the Willy wielder despite it being common knowledge he’s a serial DM slider 🍆🍆🍆

Holy tit, just seen this Funbus thing. If I'm reading that story right he doesn't even really deny it, he just says it was only meant as a joke (yeah, really funny). Surely all these races/ brands must now drop him! Who was it organising that race for him? And hang on, isn't he doing Boston Marathon? If that was a criminal charge he'd surely not get a visa to america now.

Reactions: 3
Holy tit, just seen this Funbus thing. If I'm reading that story right he doesn't even really deny it, he just says it was only meant as a joke (yeah, really funny). Surely all these races/ brands must now drop him! Who was it organising that race for him? And hang on, isn't he doing Boston Marathon? If that was a criminal charge he'd surely not get a visa to america now.
Absolutely. But there was no conviction so he’ll be left walking around.
The fact they sacked him after an internal review doesn’t strike me as being innocent…

I doubt Brooks will even care about FunBus to be honest! They've already had Fudgie on their team and there was already so many stories circulating about him and what he's like when they picked him :oops: I have no interest in being on the team and I've never worn the kit (apart from one pair of shoes that wrecked me!) but I am interested after all this as to how they even pick the members. Like what is their process for picking new and letting existing members stay?!? They seem to just choose people at random who seem to be weird picks. Like, I've followed people like clairesmarathonmusings for ages and although I think she does over tag them sometimes, I know she's applied before and you can see that she seems to geniunely like the brand and buys the shoes and the kit yet people like her don't seem to get a look in. Makes it even harder to support a bunch of people that just think they're entitled to whatever they can get their hands on for free, especially when something like this FunBus drama comes out 😡

Edited to say I bet Marcodelwhatever is fuming that this has all come out as we've stopped talking about his trip to Kenya 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I doubt Brooks will even care about FunBus to be honest! They've already had Fudgie on their team and there was already so many stories circulating about him and what he's like when they picked him :oops: I have no interest in being on the team and I've never worn the kit (apart from one pair of shoes that wrecked me!) but I am interested after all this as to how they even pick the members. Like what is their process for picking new and letting existing members stay?!? They seem to just choose people at random who seem to be weird picks. Like, I've followed people like clairesmarathonmusings for ages and although I think she does over tag them sometimes, I know she's applied before and you can see that she seems to geniunely like the brand and buys the shoes and the kit yet people like her don't seem to get a look in. Makes it even harder to support a bunch of people that just think they're entitled to whatever they can get their hands on for free, especially when something like this FunBus drama comes out 😡
I know what you mean but at the same time I can imagine how "stories circulating" don't actually reach the relevant people at Brooks so it's an "innocent" thing to recruit him, just based on following. I think it's really different when national newspapers are picking up stories about you. Rumour vs fact basically. Then, not acting could have serious repercussions because no one can claim they didn't know about it. (This is not a defence of Fudgie obvs!!)

I know what you mean but at the same time I can imagine how "stories circulating" don't actually reach the relevant people at Brooks so it's an "innocent" thing to recruit him, just based on following. I think it's really different when national newspapers are picking up stories about you. Rumour vs fact basically. Then, not acting could have serious repercussions because no one can claim they didn't know about it. (This is not a defence of Fudgie obvs!!)
That is true. Totally agree with the fact Vs rumour thing. Those stories were going round about Fudgie long before he got picked for that team though (and I believe that's why he ended up leaving after such a short period) so I do find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have escalated up through to the people who actually pick the team members. Don't worry I didn't take that in defence of Fudgie at all 😂

Phoenix running are putting on the dumbbus event …

Regardless of it not being a criminal conviction, his employers deemed there to be enough evidence to dismiss him. And whilst I don’t think there should be a massive witch-hunt he has sexually assaulted someone and tried to pass it off as this “high jinks” banter tit. And has verbally abused other work colleagues, no doubt he’ll say that was “banter” as well.
If he had grabbed a woman by the crotch on a night out I’m sure there would be more being done by the brands who support him to distance themselves from him.

Reactions: 5
To be fair I guess that story has only just come to light so its possible the brands will act, we just don't know yet? I've seen more talk about it starting to appear on Twitter, which I imagine will add pressure (rightly so of course). As you say though, if there was enough evidence to dismiss him like that there can't have been ANY room for doubt. Agree re witchhunt generally, but as you say, someone who has committed sexual assualt and abuse should face consequences beyond simply this - especially when its something where you are dealing with the public like pacing. I mean, surely races and companies have a duty of care to their runners too. Not that they have the ability or need ot screen every single runner of course but if they ARE told about it, they MUST act.

Reactions: 4
I think that if this dismissal had been for gross misconduct against a woman (for the same behaviour) there would have been a witch-hunt. It would have been picked up by the likes of Cat and I think that is wrong ( in that I think it wrong there is only a witch hunt if the recipient of this type of abuse is female).

Him minimising it as “high jinks” against a man is just as harmful as telling women that we should be flattered when we are catcalled. Men should not be inflicting this kind of abuse on anyone, of any gender.

Regardless of who is the recipient of this abuse, the perpetrator should be called out. If there is enough evidence for an employer to dismiss then there is enough evidence for brands to stop using that individual.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think that if this dismissal had been for gross misconduct against a woman (for the same behaviour) there would have been a witch-hunt. It would have been picked up by the likes of Cat and I think that is wrong.

Him minimising it as “high jinks” against a man is just as harmful as telling women that we should be flattered when we are catcalled. Men should not be inflicting this kind of abuse on anyone, of any gender.

Regardless of who is the recipient of this abuse, the perpetrator should be called out. If there is enough evidence for an employer to dismiss then there is enough evidence for brands to stop using that individual.
Completely agree. Any kind of assault should never be minimised, you’ve worded it a lot better than I ever could.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.