Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't Bester planning going "all in" at Valencia this Sunday? Hoping he gets a nice roll of the dice? Tremendous taper with a ten mile session on the Tuesday of marathon week

Reactions: 1
Laughing at Kelly asking people to predict her marathon time and everyone saying sub 4 😂
Talk about putting pressure on yourself.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I think she’s gonna get BQ-1min. I mean that’s what all the training has been leading to, amiright?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I mean I hope she gets a sub 4 if that’s the targeted training goal. Given that the watch seems to have been gifted by Garmin for the competition, I guess that requires a post event follow up to announce a winner.

If the race doesn’t go well and its a 5hr plus marathon then it’s almost celebrating failure.
Perhaps the gamble to win is wait until last minute and just add a second onto the lowest posted time.

Reactions: 3
I mean I hope she gets a sub 4 if that’s the targeted training goal. Given that the watch seems to have been gifted by Garmin for the competition, I guess that requires a post event follow up to announce a winner.

If the race doesn’t go well and its a 5hr plus marathon then it’s almost celebrating failure.
Perhaps the gamble to win is wait until last minute and just add a second onto the lowest posted time.
Valencia has a 5 hour cut off

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
All those kiss arses saying sub 4. Hahaha. Her best ever half is 1:55. Any runner knows she won't get a sub 4. Hasn't even done long runs or proper training recently for her ability level. Like someone else said, why give yourself the extra stress? She will bomb and have the excuses at the ready.

Reactions: 7
I wish she had a realistic goal. Her best is almost 5 hours. Aim for sub 4:30 first. She would feel a lot better about it. Not everyone needs to be a sub 4 runner.

Reactions: 5
All those kiss arses saying sub 4. Hahaha. Her best ever half is 1:55. Any runner knows she won't get a sub 4. Hasn't even done long runs or proper training recently for her ability level. Like someone else said, why give yourself the extra stress? She will bomb and have the excuses at the ready.
She hasn’t done the necessary long runs to get a sub 4, I’ll be very surprised if she did and hats off etc etc, but to truly believe that just shows that her fickle followers know just as little as her

Reactions: 3
Tell you what Kell, if you sub 4 we'll never mention you or your coach on this forum again. We'll all eat our running hats 🧢

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m currently training for a sub4 marathon and my PB is 4.21, but my shorter distance PBs are not as quick as Kelly cos short distances just don’t do it for me.

I’m not convinced she will sub4 as she has a habit of going out too quick and she’s learnt to be comfortable sustaining the quicker paces for the short distances. It takes a lot of discipline to hold back in the longer distances if you are feeling comfortable, but as we know that will bite you on the arse come the latter stages of the marathon.

I do think it’s highly likely she will PB and it will be a good PB, for which she will hopefully be bloody proud, but I think she might struggle from about mile 15 and suffer from the lack of the longer distance runs.

How can she run a competition where anyone who suggests she might go slower than sub4 might just get blocked from entering.

Reckon Gav should enter. Be hilarious if he won

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I finally watched part of the 10k PB vlog…wow. Him barking at her the entire time would drive me mad. Other runners must detest them. Yelling, filming, and pushing a stroller?! I never watch their videos- what a joke! How are their egos so inflated?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.