Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else ever get the impression that Runnersbeans just really doesn't actually like running?
Come to think of it, that could apply to quite a few other instagrammers.

I mean it's fair enough, it's a daft hobby really. *she says hobbling around the house after a particularly nasty session yesterday*

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else ever get the impression that Runnersbeans just really doesn't actually like running?

I mean it's fair enough, it's a daft hobby really. *she says hobbling around the house after a particularly nasty session yesterday*

😂 😂 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I often think this too about so many on Instagram. Moaning all the time, saying they don’t want to go for that run (which sometimes we don’t want to) but it seems like so many do it to ‘fit in’ and just for the popularity rather than actually love the hobby/sport itself.

Surely you have to question if it’s still really for you if you’re alllllways moaning about it!

Reactions: 5
I do wonder this as well.
Well I think it's because most of them are in it for the likes and not the love of running. They wouldn't go if they couldn't post all their stats everywhere, take the pre/post run selfies etc. They rely on so much external motivation because they have no internal motivation to run, yet the irony is that they're the ones held up as being oh so fit and inspirational. Then there's the fact most of them have such a messed up relationship with food the main reason they're running in the first place is to burn calories or justify what they eat. Exercise bulimia, 99% of them.

Reactions: 4
It’s been 3 months since I’ve run regularly (with London in the middle) and I miss it so much. I don’t run loads of races. Maybe 1-2 a year tops. I just do it because it makes me feel good and I enjoy it. Same with lifting weights. The way it should be imho.

If they really want likes, they should just cut out the middle man and post nudes. 🤣

• Haha
All those kiss arses saying sub 4. Hahaha. Her best ever half is 1:55. Any runner knows she won't get a sub 4. Hasn't even done long runs or proper training recently for her ability level. Like someone else said, why give yourself the extra stress? She will bomb and have the excuses at the ready.
My guess is 4:30 beat case scenario. She’s not a good long distance runner. Will go out too hard and pay for it at mile 16.

Reactions: 6
I ran for 7 minutes on the treadmill yesterday without any knee pain. Best 7 minutes of the last 6 weeks (I've been off running with a suspected ITB problem). Went to see the physio today and she reckons the marathon in May is highly likely to be ok, but my race at the end of January might need to be downgraded to stop me going back to training too quickly. It's a humbling experience - I was never a 'good' runner before but you really don't appreciate what you have until you lose it. Just a word of caution to any instahungry eyes on this thread...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I ran for 7 minutes on the treadmill yesterday without any knee pain. Best 7 minutes of the last 6 weeks (I've been off running with a suspected ITB problem). Went to see the physio today and she reckons the marathon in May is highly likely to be ok, but my race at the end of January might need to be downgraded to stop me going back to training too quickly. It's a humbling experience - I was never a 'good' runner before but you really don't appreciate what you have until you lose it. Just a word of caution to any instahungry eyes on this thread...
That is great news. 🤗

Those 7 minutes must have felt wonderful.

You can tell these people until you are blue in the face but until they have actually had an injury that stopped them running COMPLETELY (not just ease off for a few days like most of them do) for weeks or months they won’t listen.

When I had AT I couldn’t obviously couldn’t run for months but I also couldn’t spin or stand long enough to do weights. It broke me.

That is great news. 🤗

Those 7 minutes must have felt wonderful.

You can tell these people until you are blue in the face but until they have actually had an injury that stopped them running COMPLETELY (not just ease off for a few days like most of them do) for weeks or months they won’t listen.

When I had AT I couldn’t obviously couldn’t run for months but I also couldn’t spin or stand long enough to do weights. It broke me.
I must have looked like a right lunatic on the treadmill in the gym, smiling my face off as I jogged along XD

You're quite right though. You can lead a horse to water and all that...

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I must have looked like a right lunatic on the treadmill in the gym, smiling my face off as I jogged along XD

You're quite right though. You can lead a horse to water and all that...
If you had been an instarunner your first run back would have been an accidental progression session because things felt “good”

You would have shown your watch, mileage, and a fake running shot with a picture of the sea/lake/river/woods.

All I see on my runs are piles of rubbish and broken glass with the occasional wop off hill.

If you had been an instarunner your first run back would have been an accidental progression session because things felt “good”

You would have shown your watch, mileage, and a fake running shot with a picture of the sea/lake/river/woods.

All I see on my runs are piles of rubbish and broken glass with the occasional wop off hill.
I don't think anyone really wants to see my sweaty mug whilst they're eating their tea XD I think that's what separates us from them - the idea that perhaps we don't need to shove our lives into other peoples consciousness at all times?

Reactions: 2
I’m staring down the end of January with tendon inflammation. I’d love to jog for 7 minutes so I completely get you. I’ll be starting completely from scratch in February but the end is in sight (although I’m still getting some pain). 😭

• Heart
I’m staring down the end of January with tendon inflammation. I’d love to jog for 7 minutes so I completely get you. I’ll be starting completely from scratch in February but the end is in sight (although I’m still getting some pain). 😭
I hope it heals soon for you xx

• Heart
I suppose for those who rely on insta as their income or to supplement their income, they feel desperate to post ‘good’ content. Sensibility isn’t sexy I guess! Although I feel like audiences would be appreciative of honesty and seeing the priority being health, not likes. That’s why I like shortgirlrunner, she’s always honest if she has an injury and doesn’t do silly things just for the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.