Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Garmin once told me I did a 1min 53sec mile when the GPS went haywire…

Anyone who tries to claim a PB/time based off their watch is just kidding themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On GPS issues, I don’t work in miles but in km. Would you still recommend lap button at every mile in areas with dodgy GPS to recalibrate? The halfs I have done only had mile markers and km every 5k. I could set the Garmin to miles of course but then my pace etc. really mean anything to me. I don’t think I have the brain capacity to work out the conversion in my head during a race.

Reactions: 2
Also, while we are talking about trainwith_anna, someone I know had a call with her to find out her prices for coaching. She coaches both running and gym stuff/lifting as a package deal and you can only pay for both, not just one element. (Sidebar: I would love to see her qualifications for both tbh as Anna has said herself she's only been running for two years). The price for the coaching was..... wait for it..... £330 PER MONTH.

PER MONTH.

When my mate told me this my head fell off. Firstly - how can anyone afford that? And secondly - how can anyone justify charging that? That's an INSANE amount of money a month IMO. My friend gave her a polite no thank you :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Jesus Christ! I did look into Perdue performance when I was really struggling with a marathon plateau and I think that was £95 a month. And seemed very comprehensive…
I decided against but after a crap London now considering it again 😅

On GPS issues, I don’t work in miles but in km. Would you still recommend lap button at every mile in areas with dodgy GPS to recalibrate? The halfs I have done only had mile markers and km every 5k. I could set the Garmin to miles of course but then my pace etc. really mean anything to me. I don’t think I have the brain capacity to work out the conversion in my head during a race.
I would just relax, and trust that the chip time if your race time. What's the point of stressing about it.

Reactions: 3
I would just relax, and trust that the chip time if your race time. What's the point of stressing about it.
Oh I meant more as a benchmark during the race for pace etc. I don’t care about distance/ chip time etc. 😂 I just know that when the GPS goes the pace suddenly goes wild!

Reactions: 1
I pay £10 a month at my running club. Different runs everyday of the week you can join. And a qualified coach writes you a plan and checks in weekly to change as needed!
I’ve also used the Hal app in the past for marathon training and that worked great for me.

Reactions: 5
I pay £10 a month at my running club. Different runs everyday of the week you can join. And a qualified coach writes you a plan and checks in weekly to change as needed!
I’ve also used the Hal app in the past for marathon training and that worked great for me.
My running club was £20 a year, or £10 if you joined in the 2nd half of the year. We had one qualified coach, they've got a second now, bargain price!

• Heart
Oh I meant more as a benchmark during the race for pace etc. I don’t care about distance/ chip time etc. 😂 I just know that when the GPS goes the pace suddenly goes wild!
For London I had the mile splits on my forearm as I normally work in ks and I am pants at doing the sums in my head, even when I’m not running a marathon! Good job as my Garmin was on one from the start and the ks were well out from the 5k markers: I somehow managed to run under 26.2 miles according to my Garmin 😂 if we went by GPS then I guess I didn’t even run a marathon 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 4
For London I had the mile splits on my forearm as I normally work in ks and I am pants at doing the sums in my head, even when I’m not running a marathon! Good job as my Garmin was on one from the start and the ks were well out from the 5k markers: I somehow managed to run under 26.2 miles according to my Garmin 😂 if we went by GPS then I guess I didn’t even run a marathon 🤷‍♀️
A cheers. I did think notes on the arm might be the way to go. Under 26.2 is annoying! I already feel cheated when my parkrun shows up on Strava at 4.99 😂

• Haha
Lactate maggot running a mara-thong? 🤣🤣🤣 sorry it was a strange week..
---
Sorry this was in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Glad to see someone has finally called out trackclubbabe on the postpartum thing. Postpartum lasts 6 weeks or so. She's just a woman who had a baby now like. Which is fine, describe the challenges you face as a result of that, but it's not postpartum!

Attachments

Glad to see someone has finally called out trackclubbabe on the postpartum thing. Postpartum lasts 6 weeks or so. She's just a woman who had a baby now like. Which is fine, describe the challenges you face as a result of that, but it's not postpartum!
my sister has 2 PBs - she calls them her OG PB and her Post(nephew’s name) PB! I don’t think she would ever say postpartum

I think it depends how you define postpartum, if you limit it to 6-8 weeks after birth then postpartum depression 6 months after birth wouldn't be a thing. The person who defined it as the time it takes for your body to return to almost normal was obviously a man.

Reactions: 4
I like this because trackclubbabe does my bleeping head and does spout some tit I tell ya

Yeah I used to really like her but god does she bang on about breastfeeding (no shade on that specifically) but it’s her excuse for EVERYTHING. And also it really irritates me that she calls herself a ‘stay at home working mom’ I highly doubt she’s taking her child to meetings and trying to run Teams calls whilst her kid is colouring in the walls and trashing the house in the background

• Haha
I used to like her too, but she has got boring since having her daughter who is waaaaayyy too old to be using as ‘post partum’ - most of us (Runnerbeans obvs the exception 🤣) have less time to train when we have a toddler so our running slows down. It’s fine. Just go with it. You aren’t the first person to have a baby or be a runner 🥱🥱
I have a friend who still talks about ‘post baby’ pbs and her daughter is 6 1/2 🙄🤣

• Haha
Whoever said that Jess and Ben from Runna have split must be right, they still haven’t mentioned each other since

I work in km so went online and checked what the mile splits throughout the race and equivalent minutes per mile pace would be and then what time I’d need to hit 5k/10k/half/30k etc. totally forgot to write it on my arm but just about remembered them, you can also get paper pacing bracelets with them printed on or temporary tattoos. I had my screen set to elapsed time, average pace and lap pace with the intention of hitting the lap button at the mile markers but I totally forgot in the moment 😂 I did try some running maths from the mile marker and elapsed time but got lost eventually because my maths skills are average at best and the target pace wasn’t a round number 😂 I do think only having elapsed time and some paces (which may have been out but were a guide) but not having the distance showing was good as my watch was beeping ahead of the markers when I passed each 5k one. I not only didn’t stop my watch when I hit the distance, I left it running for a few seconds over the line as I didn’t want my watch time lower than my chip time on Strava 😂😂 obviously it gave me a marathon PB on there that was faster than I ran but that’s not the actual PB 🤦‍♀️ do these clowns think they can do a GFA application off their garmin time or Something?