Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s so passive aggressive! Her family have said her bump looks big and she might give birth early, so she writes a twatty public Instagram post in which she says people should mind their own business. Nice! Considering she’s always tagging them all and they are on Insta, that will be nice for them to see.
Also, I’ve seen far more of her bump than I need to. Put it away love.

Reactions: 3
Not being able to run post birth is going to be hard for Anna. I'll bet within days of the birth she'll be clocking up thousands of steps with a Garmin round her ankle pushing a buggy. I'll also bet she's back running within 6 weeks.
Why does she feel the need to show her run or film her workout daily? Take a break love, doubt anyone's that interested since it's rinse and repeat daily.

Reactions: 6
Kirsty posting videos of her dog running off the lead in a park where there are signs at every entrance asking people to keep their dogs on a lead as there are ground nesting birds 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Agreed

I don’t know get why the need to film yourself doing glute bridges and broadcast to the whole internet at any time, let alone when you’re pregnant wearing a sports bra, bit wierd.

Also she says the same things every day
“i just love running so much”
“i do strength training to keep me strong for birth”
“i have sore wrists blahblah”

Not being able to run post birth is going to be hard for Anna. I'll bet within days of the birth she'll be clocking up thousands of steps with a Garmin round her ankle pushing a buggy. I'll also bet she's back running within 6 weeks.
Why does she feel the need to show her run or film her workout daily? Take a break love, doubt anyone's that interested since it's rinse and repeat daily.

• Heart
I can not help but wonder why she is still running half marathons to parkrun at a weekend? Surely at 30 plus weeks pregnant just the parkrun is enough?!

I hadn’t looked at Anna’s page for ages and from an outsiders perspective it looks really worrying. Not that she is exercising during pregnancy, we are not in the dark ages. But obsessive, every day exercising, home strength exercises, lots of miles. Being strong for birth is one thing, but being exhausted for the early days is another. I do feel quite sorry for her looking at her recent posts. She’s obviously knee deep in exercise addiction.

She really went down a rabbit hole after she had the piriformis issues and couldn't run for a few days. She was literally throwing her toys out of the pram that she might not be able to run for the rest of her pregnancy. Now that she can she is literally running like she did pre-baby.

Reactions: 4
Sarah treating us to a marathon q and a, never really seen her to do much engagement stuff before, but maybe she has obligations with Kiprun.

She claims she had a gel every 4 miles, somehow doubt that when she eats so little on usual day and reckons half a belvita fuels full sessions.

She also said financially and pratically she wouldn't do Boston.

Sarah treating us to a marathon q and a, never really seen her to do much engagement stuff before, but maybe she has obligations with Kiprun.

She claims she had a gel every 4 miles, somehow doubt that when she eats so little on usual day and reckons half a belvita fuels full sessions.

She also said financially and pratically she wouldn't do Boston.
I can confirm she had a gel at mile 4 as I was right behind her and had a gel at the same time, however she took off shortly after so cannot vouch for the remaining 22 miles!!

Reactions: 2
It’s nice to see someone actually point out that financially Boston is a huge undertaking. Yes it’s not AS BAD as some make out, I’ve seen people say the cheapest hotel rooms are £800 a night, and that’s not true, but it’s a big entry free, it’s transatlantic flight, and it’s not a cheap city. If you’re doing it from Europe it will be thousands.
I’ve seen a few people who’ve got New York places not realise how dear it is as a place to stay at the best of times let alone marathon weekend.
It’s fine to not be able to afford to do the majors and it’s good to see a faster runner with a decent following admit that it’s beyond the reach financially of most normal people… cough. Runnerbeans

Reactions: 13
Runnermancbee’s mum has died, awful at such a young age.
i really hope that she handles this as well as can be (i know it’s a terrible situation) and doesn’t spiral even further into disordered behaviours as a coping mechanism

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh that’s incredibly sad. I hope she has a good support mechanism around her as I do fear that she uses over exercising as a coping mechanism

I hope she has plenty of support around her not sure if I've got her confused with someone else but think her sister was due a baby soon. Hopefully arrival of adorable baby will bring them some much needed light

Reactions: 1
I hope she has plenty of support around her not sure if I've got her confused with someone else but think her sister was due a baby soon. Hopefully arrival of adorable baby will bring them some much needed light
yeah that was her, she had the baby last week (maybe the week before)

Reactions: 1
Someone I follow on Insta, just a small account so won't mention the name, posted about the amazing improvement in their running with a screenshot of their 5k run...... I had a look and there was over 8 minutes of elapsed time. Why do people do that?

• Haha
  • Wow
In a similar vein there is someone I follow who does a lot of running on a treadmill which I swear they either just leave running with no one on or it’s calibrated wrong. Their treadmill tempo 10k is about 45 minutes, their outside 10k races are about 1hr10/1hr15. Nothing wrong with a 70 minute 10k but why pretend you can do it in 45?

• Wow
  • Haha
Someone I follow on Insta, just a small account so won't mention the name, posted about the amazing improvement in their running with a screenshot of their 5k run...... I had a look and there was over 8 minutes of elapsed time. Why do people do that?
This is me when Strava shows me my matched runs and I wonder why I was so much faster in 2018 when I didn't run as much. My elapsed time back then was at Kellogs levels!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I know a couple of people who have done Boston, one of them runs a qualifying time every year but has said their Boston was a one and done and meant no other holidays that year. Accommodation is expensive, flights are expensive and on top of that you will need to take annual leave to go as you have jet lag to contend with, need to pick up your race pack and the race is on a Monday...it's a big undertaking. Also depending on where you live you might also have to factor in an airport hotel here the night before your flight, not everyone is a short drive/taxi/train journey from an airport. I get that some people like the idea of being a "6 star finisher" but you don't have to run a world major to be a marathon runner and for most people it's just not a realistic goal financially. I'd possibly like to do an international race at some point but feel guilty spending money that could be better spent on doing things with my family plus don't feel great about the environmental impact, the waste involved in big running events is bad enough without adding international flights to it.

Reactions: 3
I think social media has really fueled the 6 star fire. I used to be determined to do it but I feel the scales have fallen from my eyes a bit on it now.

Spending THOUSANDS to run a marathon is actually a bit mad when you think of it. And I say this as someone who could comfortably afford it and have other holidays.

Of all the majors the one I’d really like to do is New York. The rest I could happily leave. There are loads of brilliant, fast and cheap marathons in Germany, I’ve never had a burning desire to go to Boston (and I’ve BQd several times) so why would I go and spend thousands on a run. Japan is a once in a lifetime trip for most people, and going in February doesn’t appeal!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.