Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get fed trackclubbabes videos all the time. The one where her husband or whoever he is says it's your job right now to be in pain is a bit much. I guess different motivation for different people but I'd have taken off my shoes and thrown them at him 😂 surely it would be easier to say post baby? Post partum does conjure up the image of only just having a baby.

Reactions: 1
I work in km so went online and checked what the mile splits throughout the race and equivalent minutes per mile pace would be and then what time I’d need to hit 5k/10k/half/30k etc. totally forgot to write it on my arm but just about remembered them, you can also get paper pacing bracelets with them printed on or temporary tattoos. I had my screen set to elapsed time, average pace and lap pace with the intention of hitting the lap button at the mile markers but I totally forgot in the moment 😂 I did try some running maths from the mile marker and elapsed time but got lost eventually because my maths skills are average at best and the target pace wasn’t a round number 😂 I do think only having elapsed time and some paces (which may have been out but were a guide) but not having the distance showing was good as my watch was beeping ahead of the markers when I passed each 5k one. I not only didn’t stop my watch when I hit the distance, I left it running for a few seconds over the line as I didn’t want my watch time lower than my chip time on Strava 😂😂 obviously it gave me a marathon PB on there that was faster than I ran but that’s not the actual PB 🤦‍♀️ do these clowns think they can do a GFA application off their garmin time or Something?
Thanks! I actually found those paper bracelets online. I think I will try that this time. I am only running for fun so no real goal race but I still have a time in my mind, so will use this as a test…

GFA submission based on Garmin would be hilarious 😂

I’m not an influencer or anything, but I always add “official race time” to what my watch recorded on strava.

I did one trail race where my watch time was like 5min faster than my chip time, because I had to stop every kilometre to fix my crampons and my application would automatically pause workout. I ran it 5 minutes earlier, but I finished the race in said time.

Reactions: 2
I do like Melissah Gibson, but shocked she is saying this is her first time carb loading properly! Surley after 100+ marathons, most sub3 you'd know how to fuel best for your body.

• Wow
How thick are these people nowadays. Like proper thick headed clowns. Sex pest tommyknight posted a few days ago about having a (I’m sure he said) stress fracture and being gutted he needs to rest. Got a turbo trainer and used it but based on a post yesterday he couldn’t use it whilst he rests and heals. Yet today the little pervert is out running Parkrun! Enjoy being injured even longer you giant clown. I guess it’ll give him more time to slide into women’s inboxes unwanted and act creepy like he’s done with me before 🤢 clown of the day this guy 🤡

• Wow
Happy_little_runner posted a reel with her standing on her balcony with her street name in full view, what's wrong with these people??

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Happy_little_runner posted a reel with her standing on her balcony with her street name in full view, what's wrong with these people??
Her Strava profile is open and she doesn’t seem to hide the start….

I do like Melissah Gibson, but shocked she is saying this is her first time carb loading properly! Surley after 100+ marathons, most sub3 you'd know how to fuel best for your body.
I like her to but she said at a recent marathon she took no gels or fluid in a 2:45 marathon! Is she sponsored to do all these races as it must get expensive????

How thick are these people nowadays. Like proper thick headed clowns. Sex pest tommyknight posted a few days ago about having a (I’m sure he said) stress fracture and being gutted he needs to rest. Got a turbo trainer and used it but based on a post yesterday he couldn’t use it whilst he rests and heals. Yet today the little pervert is out running Parkrun! Enjoy being injured even longer you giant clown. I guess it’ll give him more time to slide into women’s inboxes unwanted and act creepy like he’s done with me before 🤢 clown of the day this guy 🤡
I cannot put into words how much I hate that repulsive sex pest. He is vile. How he manages to have one person willing to have sex with him let alone all the people he cheats on his girlfriend with is beyond me 🤢

Reactions: 3
I like her to but she said at a recent marathon she took no gels or fluid in a 2:45 marathon! Is she sponsored to do all these races as it must get expensive????
Looks like she was DNF for Copenhagen, wonder what happened, Sally O'Gorman too, not the best outcome for England team if only 1/3 women taken finish1

Conditions look perfect too, I know it was very warm last year.
I know Sally had been saying he’d had a niggle and had been on the fence about doing it at all, so expect that caused a problem

Reactions: 3
Looks like she was DNF for Copenhagen, wonder what happened, Sally O'Gorman too, not the best outcome for England team if only 1/3 women taken finish1
Maybe all her recent marathons caught up with her !
---
Conditions look perfect too, I know it was very warm last year.
I know Sally had been saying he’d had a niggle and had been on the fence about doing it at all, so expect that caused a problem
IMG_7367.jpeg

Last edited:
I think Melissa running that incredible 100km has probably been what she’s struggling to recover from
100%. I really do love her for how humble and supportive she is but she does always hint at how she struggles to not run and will often push through niggles which I think may have been a step too far. In terms of the carb loading I wonder if she means during the race rather than pre? I'm not totally sure but I do know she has had major digestive issues while racing which could be due to not really being used to carbs whilst racing. I'm not sure. I do think she is the loveliest person and is very open about her totally unconventional training. She also doesn't strike me as someone who is attempting to be an "influencer" but instead a runner who simply posts her races. Good and bad.
She also has made mention to the fact that all her time and money goes on racing and the cheapest possible way. Fairly sure she isn't sponsored.

I do think if she found a really good coach and worked at fuelling she would absolutely fly! But it's finding the confidence to put all your faith in someone else...

I really like Melissa and I really think she showed her “class” as it were when she did that marathon in Cyprus and got sent the wrong way completely accidentally by a Marshall and ended up doing 50 odd km, and so many would have kicked off and she was just joking with things like “well I got better value for money than most.”
I agree she’s not trying to be an influencer and she’s open about how she affords it and has time for it. She also seems genuinely really sweet on her comments on other peoples stuff.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.