Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah ffs Savannah is doing an ad now for Roasting Plant. I really like their coffee (appreciate it’s overpriced), feel like now I need to find a new coffee shop 😭

Reactions: 2
Anya is writing again, this time for Strava - it’s just as bad as before. Like a 15 year old trying to throw in some long words to make themselves sound cleverer than they are. She needs to stick to running!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Anya is writing again, this time for Strava - it’s just as bad as before. Like a 15 year old trying to throw in some long words to make themselves sound cleverer than they are. She needs to stick to running!
I found more annoying that is deliberately ignoring the bad result...

Reactions: 6
It’s almost like she’s had writing lessons from Paul ‘I grope Lenin the workplace’ Addicott

• Sick
Reactions: 1
I found more annoying that is deliberately ignoring the bad result...
THIS! All the recaps were that she took her time from 4:30 to 2:34. Yes she did and then she ran in the elites and was beaten (time based) by non elites. That’s all been glossed over.

Reactions: 6
THIS! All the recaps were that she took her time from 4:30 to 2:34. Yes she did and then she ran in the elites and was beaten (time based) by non elites. That’s all been glossed over.
exactly, she didn't run 2:34 this year, not even close to that

Reactions: 2
Yes it’s weird that she’s suddenly got all this mega press attention when her best marathon was about a year ago when she represented England. My guess is she won’t hit that 2.34 mark again - I think going from being a normal person to elite athlete isn’t for everyone - she hasn’t grown up with that athlete mentality that really needs instilling from a young age. I think maintaining that level of fitness and focus is really tough and I don’t think she has it at all, hence lurching from marathon to ultra to Ironman all the space of a few months. Nothing wrong with that tbh but I don’t think you can do everything (ie be a pro athlete, instagrammer, ‘writer’, coach etc) and still keep improving on your times - something has to give.

Yes it’s weird that she’s suddenly got all this mega press attention when her best marathon was about a year ago when she represented England. My guess is she won’t hit that 2.34 mark again - I think going from being a normal person to elite athlete isn’t for everyone - she hasn’t grown up with that athlete mentality that really needs instilling from a young age. I think maintaining that level of fitness and focus is really tough and I don’t think she has it at all, hence lurching from marathon to ultra to Ironman all the space of a few months. Nothing wrong with that tbh but I don’t think you can do everything (ie be a pro athlete, instagrammer, ‘writer’, coach etc) and still keep improving on your times - something has to give.
I'm surprised to be honest, I will love that type of pregression and I will stick to improve my marathon time obsesively.

I actually do that and I'm very average, FT and mum XD

Yeah she announced it the other day! She also managed to run 3:30 or something at Paris in the first trimester which is super impressive
That was quick after the break up of her engagement and sudden move up North. I don't follow them only dip in and out. After Hannah moved up North it became more like a shared account of two separate lives than a joint account... Agree on impressive performance for first trimester.

That was quick after the break up of her engagement and sudden move up North. I don't follow them only dip in and out. After Hannah moved up North it became more like a shared account of two separate lives than a joint account... Agree on impressive performance for first trimester.
I know! Still want to know what happened there 👀 AFAIK she’s not been super public with the new partner as well, just eluded to the fact that she was with someone. I actually quite like both of them but agree with you re the separate lives bit. I’m also slightly (very) jealous of Hannah’s job/lifestyle, seems like the ideal set up (on IG anyway)

Reactions: 4
Pretty sure all the other elites weren't running an ultra in the desert a couple of weeks before. I get why Anya's saying yes to all the things but if she's serious about being an elite she can't. I'm guessing with the triathlon or whatever she's doing now she's going more down the influencer/very good sub-elite runner route as it allows her to have more fun and try different things.

Reactions: 4
Is an ultra running a few miles every 4 to 5 hours over a couple of days. That wouldn’t have impacted her performance. Elites would of covered that mileage over that same time period.
Playing I am so cool and don’t care attitude.

So Liz newcomer big annoucement of having received an offer that would allow her to stay in London is in fact an MBA programme.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.