Running instagrammers #12 GRWM - it’s just waking up, dressing and eating, not content.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only thing that knobhead Bester is thinking about is himself. He’s so in love with himself he’d fellate himself if he could.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Really tragic news.

Can’t believe Ben Felton had the cheek to share a story like this about Kiptum’s death. Why make this about you?! Really ticked me off…
I follow Ben because he's made some decent vlogs from races I'm curious about, but he's a try hard. They way he really tries to make his content "aesthetic" but there's no authenticity to it, he comes across as desperate and it's not a great look. Man needs to find himself.

Reactions: 4
Ben Parkes is fucked again with an hamstring injury, his solution? 4 hours of non running cardio every day

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I follow Ben because he's made some decent vlogs from races I'm curious about, but he's a try hard. They way he really tries to make his content "aesthetic" but there's no authenticity to it, he comes across as desperate and it's not a great look. Man needs to find himself.
Agree, I unfollowed because he is a total sell out and would sell his right ball for a pair of shoes

Reactions: 2
What is wrong with people? narcissist all of them
Found it absolutely disgusting the number of people on my insta posting the sad news with B+W photos of Kiptum then 5 minutes later posting about their run/being on the ASICs team/whatever shite they're being paid to shill.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
RW issued a statement about Kate Carter a few days ago:

We are aware of an online article regarding Kate Carter. At Runner’s World, we are committed to upholding the trust our audience and the running community has in our brand, and are investigating these claims internally.

Is this all it is? (Genuinely, they have so many crappy adverts on RW these days I can’t tell where it begins and ends) if so…..what a cop out

Reactions: 9
well, this is getting worse...

But I don't want her life to be destroyed, If I were RW big boss, I will "encourage" her to be sincere, write an apology and move on. That's it! Own it!
Exactly. No half-arsed excuses that just make the lies more evident. She came close by admitting that it was driven by ego, but then didn't address some of the more egregious evidence and made up some crap about not knowing she'd cut the course, a mistake only a newbie amateur would make.

How about:

"I found myself having a horrible run, and instead of doing the right thing by withdrawing or jogging it in, I made a terrible error of judgement based on ego and concern for my appearance in the running community, and I cut X kilometres from the course and attempted to hide this by folding up my race bib. I sincerely regret the series of decisions I made, including using another athlete's watch file and claiming mine had run out of batteries. I offer that athlete my apologies, as I do to the entire running community. I am taking time to reflect on these events and will take steps to work on my issues that led me to behaving in a manner so at odds with the values of the sport we all love."

She can have that for free.

Repeat for the London Marathon result, which is unfortunately harder to prove (no chip and no on-course photos = no bang-to-rights evidence). But the excuse that "I thought I would do badly and I didn't, so I wanted to have a record of it on Strava" doesn't pass at ALL, given what she's had to admit to doing earlier the same month.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The thing is, it was preplanned, otherwise she wouldn’t have folded her bib.

And considering it’s not the first time she cheated, she knew exactly what she was doing.

The thing is, it was preplanned, otherwise she wouldn’t have folded her bib.

And considering it’s not the first time she cheated, she knew exactly what she was doing.
I've gone back and forth on this one, because I can see it both ways. I tend to think she started the race as usual and it dissolved into a total nightmare for whatever reason. I reckon that she was unfit or unwell or something, and made a mid-race decision to stop and obscure the bib, cut the course, etc. It was pinned normally for the first 10.2k at least, which is where the last normal photo of her is taken. She may have gotten away with that (so she thought) so decided to do it more thoroughly for the marathon 3 weeks later.

There's chat online about Berlin from years ago, which has some of the same hallmarks, but I'm not sure that's provable. Landmarks, however, is a slam dunk IMO. Just not sure it was pre-planned, whereas I think the London Marathon tactics were absolutely planned before race day.

There's chat online about Berlin from years ago, which has some of the same hallmarks, but I'm not sure that's provable. Landmarks, however, is a slam dunk IMO. Just not sure it was pre-planned, whereas I think the London Marathon tactics were absolutely planned before race day.
Just seen this re Berlin. Another failed chip eh! How unlucky

Reactions: 5
What’s the point of folding the number? is it so cameras don’t pick it up in race photos ?

Also still don’t get why she ran London marathon without a proper chip/bib in the first place ? has that been explained?

Reactions: 2
I don’t get that either, London marathon last year had the chip on the back of the number so she would have to go to a lot of effort to remove it. She said ‘some runners do this’ or something but I literally don’t know any runner that would do that?! Unless planning to cheat.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.