Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

the_chafe_is_real

VIP Member
I know we need title suggestions and there was a banger about Garmin and lies somewhere a few pages back.
All I can say is title suggestion:
“I hate Runfluencers.” Shame you can’t swear in titles.
Anyway, shall I find that title about Garmin and lies and make a new thread? Gimme a thumbs up if you agree.
Also, Anna the Apple is boring as fuck. Same shit, different day, awful eyebrows

Reactions: 19

Instaderp

What sort of moron thinks 'Hold up, let me position my camera perfectly and take a photo of myself in the bath, that'll look great on Instagram.'

If you're struggling with your mental health seek professional help, don't post a picture that nobody really wants to see seeking validation, you fucking wetwipe.

My eyes, they burn.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
*Finally* seen a tiktok telling beginner runners to stop entering marathons in 14 weeks time when they can barely run 5k without a break.
I take out a c25k group and one of my members who has struggled the most was asking about local 10ks (nearly all run by clubs for half decent club runners in mind, not catering to people who will take close to 2 hrs at all).
I know she wants a target but she’s not got round parkrun in less than 50 minutes yet, has to redo several weeks, has struggled with various niggles throughout and I very tactfully said to not worry about it yet, I think if she turned up to our local 10k she’d likely be half an hour behind the next last finisher (if not cut off by the marshal at half way) and it will be a completely miserable and demotivating experience for her. Telling people it’s ok to not be ready for something is fine, and often responsible. I would be a crap coach/group leader if I was telling her to crack on.
Far too many people do too much too soon and break. I used to run with someone who within a year of finishing C25k did a 100km. He’s been solidly injured now for 6 years…

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ben Parkes is injured again. Thankfully, he's only doing Seville Marathon, Boston Marathon, London Marathon, North Downs Way 50 and Comrades in the next five months, so plenty of time to recover.

• Haha

the_chafe_is_real

VIP Member
Wow, thanks for the screenshots - so she took a few days to come up with that. She wet herself and “possibly” rejoined at the wrong point. As someone who has shat themselves on many an occasion, I get the need to stop and adjust. Still doesn’t explain why she has a working watch in her photos. And you don’t forget where you stepped off the course - particularly if you are the editor of a running publication and presumably know the route.
What a liar. Cancel her.

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Just saw someone on a dating app who had running pictures in his profile and an Instagram profile...checked here to see if he was mentioned as was a blue tick...instafudgie!

• Sick
  • Haha

Sparemayor

Holy shit. Carter fesses up in the Telegraph, but claims "I'm not a cheat".

It's the dictionary definition of cheating. There are few other ways TO cheat at running, besides doping and bib-muling. She cut the course, and doctored the results of both the Landmarks Half and the full London Marathon. Screensots, as paywall.

She also doesn't explain the "borrowed" GPX file or the folded-up bib. I don't buy any of this, and I see others on other social media sites aren't buying it either.

We're just meant to take it on faith that she ran the whole London Marathon course, in the times she claims, after she admits to course-cutting 3 weeks earlier, and was running slower in the first 10k of that Half than she apparently did for the entirety of the full? Yeah nah.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
IMG_5254.jpeg

Jesus. This woman needs to sort herself out! How ridiculously thin can I make myself look?? You’re already skeletal love so no extra posing required. Bloody hell.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
What an idiot! Imagining lying about all that and then photos showing your watch working! 😂 hope runners world have been informed of what a lying and false individual she is!! 😡
I love the level of detail that the investigation went into, catching pictures of the watch NOT being dead is brilliant. I love the marathon investigation website, loads of interesting stories!

Reactions: 12