Running instagrammers #12 GRWM - it’s just waking up, dressing and eating, not content.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s the point of folding the number? is it so cameras don’t pick it up in race photos ?

Also still don’t get why she ran London marathon without a proper chip/bib in the first place ? has that been explained?
Yes, folding the race number was an effort to avoid photographers. She's not as up with the technology of the running world as she thinks she is though, because they have clearly used facial recognition technology for a while now, too. In fact, London Marathon's photo provider, for both that event and the other events they put on like the London 10,000, allow you to upload a selfie that will then be used to find your race pics. There's a debate about the general ethics/safety implications of this, but regardless, the tech is there. Once they parse your race number with your face, hiding your race number is pointless, by design. It's so that if your race number is hidden by another athlete during the race, they can still find you and sell you your photos.

Come on, Kate. You work in the industry. We know this.

I don’t get that either, London marathon last year had the chip on the back of the number so she would have to go to a lot of effort to remove it. She said ‘some runners do this’ or something but I literally don’t know any runner that would do that?! Unless planning to cheat.
I certainly have never done it, and I've had plenty of bibs with the number attached to the back before. I've never tried, but I feel like tearing it off could damage the fabric of the bib. I guess she was careful? And no, I've never, ever, in many years of racing and sport in general, heard of an athlete doing this before. Maybe that's on me, but if someone does know of examples of this being done just because, not with the intention to cheat, do let us know...

Reactions: 7
I don’t get that either, London marathon last year had the chip on the back of the number so she would have to go to a lot of effort to remove it. She said ‘some runners do this’ or something but I literally don’t know any runner that would do that?! Unless planning to cheat.
I know someone who did the opposite. It was a local race and a friend was waiting on a hip replacement and asked if her friend could run with her number. They don't allow number swaps but as her son was the race announcer (compere?) they said her friend could run in her number as long as she took the chip off the bib. They forgot and her friend won first class in her age group except she was 10 years younger than the lady who gave her the bib! That was awkward and they had to report it to Scottish Athletics even though she didn't accept the prize, I think one of the other runners complained 😬

Reactions: 5
Runners World didn’t post the statement on social media but that hasn’t stopped the comments. This was on the comments of a shoe review (the only comments). Reckon RW are planning on trying to sweep it under the carpet.
Kate, you cheated and now you are lying. Stop. Our sport deserves better than that.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Kirsty's shoe 'reviews' that tell you absolutely nothing about said shoe. Does it have a plate, what's the drop, what's the upper like? Nope not her, we get "it's a nice colour" 🤦🏻‍♀️ A proper shoe reviewer would also wear more than once and revisit after some more miles or something. She's really lost her 'why' after completing six stars.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Kirsty's shoe 'reviews' that tell you absolutely nothing about said shoe. Does it have a plate, what's the drop, what's the upper like? Nope not her, we get "it's a nice colour" 🤦🏻‍♀️ A proper shoe reviewer would also wear more than once and revisit after some more miles or something. She's really lost her 'why' after completing six stars.
It looks more like a beg for free shoes….

How is this for a review:
I have the saucony endorphin speed 3. I got them for intervals. Ran a big 10k PB in them last year. I like them as they are very light and responsive but still cushioned. For me they are a good non carbon plated option for speedier workouts. I noticed that I run differently in them than in my other shoes less quads more hamstrings which meant I had to adjust my strength programme….

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He literally is a hero! Didn’t someone ask recently who Daz was? Might have been on the welloggs thread.

What do we think: Deleted and blocked? Or do we think bester will engage?

Yeah Daz was the one who asked Kells after Valencia whether or not she thought she should change her pacing strategy and not go out so hard (not his exact words, I’m paraphrasing).
Daz is a hero and I will die on this hill.

Reactions: 5
There are more comments along the same lines / others claiming whataboutery and to focus on dogs on leads. What annoys me most about the whole filming nonsense is that Dulwich is a lapped course and because it is so fast they have to overtake slower runners. The fast runners are overtaking both on your right and left which is already irritating, add bike/ skates it’s a nightmare. So disrespectful.

Between Kirsty lame begs for shoes with awful ‘reviews’ and Alex M’s marathon diaries, they have to be the most tragic pair of instagram runners outside off Kelloggs and Welshits

• Heart
Between Kirsty lame begs for shoes with awful ‘reviews’ and Alex M’s marathon diaries, they have to be the most tragic pair of instagram runners outside off Kelloggs and Welshits
Kirsty: here's my review, watch me stand on my toes from all angles......

• Haha
Does Alex actually get zero engagement on her tiktok which seem to be a direct repost of her insta reels or does she delete all the comments

Runner Manc Bee has to be the most disordered runner ever. It's really not good to have a platform for this.

Can someone explain the point of Alex M's "marathon diaries" to me? In a similar vain to all of her training diaries. She isnt a coach. She isnt an elite. Why do we need to know her training in excruciating detail? This is a genuine question - are people interested in knowing what she is doing? Because if so, I'm 100% getting on insta to bore people with my training!!! 😂😂😂 I don't understand people....I just don't. Maybe I'm too old....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can someone explain the point of Alex M's "marathon diaries" to me? In a similar vain to all of her training diaries. She isnt a coach. She isnt an elite. Why do we need to know her training in excruciating detail? This is a genuine question - are people interested in knowing what she is doing? Because if so, I'm 100% getting on insta to bore people with my training!!! 😂😂😂 I don't understand people....I just don't. Maybe I'm too old....
I saw one the other day, it wasnt declared ad or gifted but she went to a local running store, wearing only her running kit, including sweatshirt with stores name on it, tries on many pairs of shoes in seemingly empty store, then when its come to leave has bags and a coat, which she didnt have to start with. Don't tell me thats not a undeclared ad or gifted post and for someone who wants to leave teaching for social media content/marketing she needs to improve her consistency and not forget about accuracies.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.