Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
edit: oh I see from Instagram she's signed up for remote teaching. Well, I can't criticise her for that to be fair. I hope her housemate is ok though.
I'm in the same region as Exeter, and it is pretty bad there - I think the university has managed to keep it quiet and let Manchester get all the negative attention.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I'm in the same region as Exeter, and it is pretty bad there - I think the university has managed to keep it quiet and let Manchester get all the negative attention.
Ah, thank you. I've not really been keeping track of cases this week, too much information overload.

Reactions: 3
I would assume they’re tories bc I always see them reading the telegraph everytime they feature in any of her morning routine videos.
But does anyone remember when she had to refilm that what I got for xmas video coz her cousin was in the background wearing a MAGA hat and T shirt that said build the wall or something?
Do you have any screenshots/videos as proof?
That’s hilarious if true, and doesn’t surprise me one bit

Reactions: 2
Ruby should have stayed at home in the first place if she is this scared about covid. I made the decision of moving back to uni knowing that I can’t go home till Christmas. I think you have to make that decision and stick to it, it’s her housemate that I feel sorry for

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Nah it was like 3 years ago I think, and she took it down within like a minute. If anyone does tho I would love to see it again

Reactions: 1
She said in her (last?) video she uses her parents’ subscription to the Telegraph which is basically the same thing.

I hope she explains her thoughts behind moving back in a vid, it could help some other students too.

Yeah her poor flatmate, hmmm 🤔

Reactions: 1
Ruby should have stayed at home in the first place if she is this scared about covid. I made the decision of moving back to uni knowing that I can’t go home till Christmas. I think you have to make that decision and stick to it, it’s her housemate that I feel sorry for
I definitely think she should have thought through what going back to Exeter actually meant before doing so (i.e. not being able to visit home as often, not being able to carry out her grand plans for fun activities etc.).

I wonder if she's moved all of her stuff out of her room, or whether she really thinks she might go back in January...

Slightly o/t but I was looking on Ariana grandes ig and it showed that ruby follows her. I can’t imagine ruby listening to her 😅

• Haha
Whats the situ with her rent then is she just gonna keep paying it on the flat or what?
Student accommodation tenancy agreements usually (if not always) stipulate that you must continue paying rent until the end of the contract term unless 1) you find a replacement tenant, or 2) have serious medical grounds or similar. Therefore I would presume she's still going to pay, especially if she plans to return in January.

I can only speak from my experience but I went to private school and my year was pretty much full of liberals, but a lot of people's parents voted Tory. I always just assumed it was the same for Ruby but I still can't believe how insensitive to issues she can be (with regards to taking the ad from the gov. and complaining about her A on results day)

Reactions: 2
So she can afford the rent for a home she isn’t living in (just assuming, as it’s the most likely situation with a student lease) but reuses a teabag?

surely she’s got her priorities mixed up

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So she can afford the rent for a home she isn’t living in (just assuming, as it’s the most likely situation with a student lease) but reuses a teabag?

I don't see how they're comparable, one is renting during a unforeseen pandemic and one is just causing a bit less waste and getting the most out of a product.

Reactions: 5
Has she explicitly said that her flat mate is staying? I assumed that’s a decision you’d make together, especially if you just live with one other person!

• Sad
I really feel bad for her roommate. How will her roommate feel? Or what agreements did they reach?

• Sad

She reuses teabags? Wtf I’d rather just skip the second cuppa instead of reusing one thats grim

I don't see how they're comparable, one is renting during a unforeseen pandemic and one is just causing a bit less waste and getting the most out of a product.
But she’s renting and not living there!! That’s the biggest waste of money ever, and she could have stayed home from the start, it was her choice to move to uni knowing the risks

I'm in the same region as Exeter, and it is pretty bad there
Its really not that bad, there was a spike around freshers week obviously but its dying off now and nowhere near as bad as some other uni's. The uni is really on it with testing too, can get private tests the next day and results in 24hrs. Exeter is only Tier 1.

Source: I go to Exeter.

Reactions: 4
Its really not that bad, there was a spike around freshers week obviously but its dying off now and nowhere near as bad as some other uni's. The uni is really on it with testing too, can get private tests the next day and results in 24hrs. Exeter is only Tier 1.

Source: I go to Exeter.
If Exeter is only in tier 1 then why did she need to come home? Northern unis have it so much worse - I wasn’t back at uni a week before I had to isolate because my flat mate got coronavirus. And I can’t go home because my home town is in tier 3. I haven’t seen my family or friends this whole time so ruby should be thinking herself lucky - and she could have just stayed at uni!!!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.