Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The virus can survive on surfaces outside the body for hours, granted its not the most likely way of transmission but its possible.
Sure it can’t survive but packaging / products are the most unlikely transmission route.
They did test this hypothesis.
People panicking and scientific basis don’t always mix.

Unless of course you’re planing to lick the book cover

Ok, I get it that she drinks a lot of tea. But using the same, already used tea bag to make another tea?? What??

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Sure it can’t survive but packaging / products are the most unlikely transmission route.
They did test this hypothesis.
People panicking and scientific basis don’t always mix.

Unless of course you’re planing to lick the book cover
Some studies have shows it can last on surfaces for up to 28 days, all it takes it for someone to have coughed on their hand or not been washing their hands a lot to touch the book and the virus is there

Ok, I get it that she drinks a lot of tea. But using the same, already used tea bag to make another tea?? What??
I thought this! It’s not like she can’t afford more tea bags??

Reactions: 2
In fairness I do this, but I like pretty weak tea so don't actually leave the teabag in. I can imagine it takes a bit strange after a while as it won't brew to the same strength as before.

Sorry it was a typo
Yes it can survive but this doesn’t make it a possible transmission route.
Yes the virus can be on the packaging but this doesn’t mean you’ll be infected.
(I have a bio related background)
All in all There are many things criticisable about Ruby but touching stuff at a store is not one of them.
Plus , she is a germaphobe

Sorry I couldn’t quote the post

Reactions: 5
Sorry it was a typo
Yes it can survive but this doesn’t make it a possible transmission route.
Yes the virus can be on the packaging but this doesn’t mean you’ll be infected.
(I have a bio related background)
All in all There are many things criticisable about Ruby but touching stuff at a store is not one of them.
Plus , she is a germaphobe

Sorry I couldn’t quote the post
Sorry but how do you think that covid is passed on?? obviously it is air borne but if it was just transmitted in the air then people wouldn’t be bothered all the time about washing hands and surfaces.

Sorry but how do you think that covid is passed on?? obviously it is air borne but if it was just transmitted in the air then people wouldn’t be bothered all the time about washing hands and surfaces.
We wash our hands frequently because touching our mouth/eyes/nose can lead to infection.
The behaviour of the masses does not equal scientific fact.
There have been numerous studies

Side note but I cut my nails super short and whenever I look at them they remind me of Ruby :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We wash our hands frequently because touching our mouth/eyes/nose can lead to infection.
The behaviour of the masses does not equal scientific fact.
There have been numerous studies
Yes but covid is picked up on surfaces which are on your hands that can infect someone if they touch their mouth or eyes or whatever. It’s not about behaviour of the masses but covid is transmitted through surfaces which can include books, it’s not just an air borne virus

Not to mention, that mask seems pretty ill-fitting. Which probably negates any use it would have if it were properly secured to fit her face.

Reactions: 20
Yeah that fits terribly! The sides are supposed to be flat on your face, gaps like that mean the mask is ineffective.

Reactions: 10
Yeah that fits terribly! The sides are supposed to be flat on your face, gaps like that mean the mask is ineffective.
I think that’s the first time she has worn that mask, probably, as she spent all summer at home (good, fair enough) and only went out to shops when she got back to uni. I want to like Ruby but I can’t help thinking this ad is a bit silly.

Reactions: 12
„I just wanted to quickly run through the key COVID guidelines for students...“ But before that I ran around a bookstore and unnecessarily touched multiple books 🤦🏼‍♀️
And yes, I know she said she‘d sanitized between each book but I find that very hard to believe.. If she really wanted new books she could have looked them up online and then just grabbed the ones she was going to buy but that wouldn’t have made for
some nice instagram stories. What a hypocrite

Reactions: 8
Seems like the commenters on her Instagram are picking up on the fact that she didn't explicitly state who was paying her to promote the app.
thumbnail_Screenshot_20201023-095538_Instagram 1.jpg
thumbnail_Screenshot_20201023-095546_Instagram 2.jpg
thumbnail_Screenshot_20201023-095448_Instagram 3.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I don’t hate ruby but the fact that she’s being paid to promote the rules when the government is just letting covid go out of control. Imagine accepting money from the tories to tell people the rules that even the government aren’t following themselves. I think it’s completely wrong especially with the latest free school meals and Manchester controversies to do with money

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The commenters do have a point - everyone knows the advice, some just choose to ignore it. An influencer telling me to wash my hands when I already do isn’t worth the ad, really. I think she probably meant well, but yes her ad needs to be clear who paid for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Pretty sure she only stated she sanitised her hands between each book after it was discussed here, as I can’t remember seeing her doing that or mentioning it in her Waterstones video?
If she’s really accepted money from the gov or the nhs to promote hand washing then wow, I have no words. Influencers really only do things when being paid don’t they

Reactions: 7
If it was a cause she really believed in/was passionate about, she wouldn't need to receive payment to promote it - especially not NHS or government money.

It's a bit like how she and Jack are always promoting Unite, when we all know how dodgy they are.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.