Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she’ll address the comments on that Instagram post. There’s some positive comments but I’m glad some people are calling it out for what it is.

Reactions: 1
Sorry it was a typo
Yes it can survive but this doesn’t make it a possible transmission route.
Yes the virus can be on the packaging but this doesn’t mean you’ll be infected.
(I have a bio related background)
All in all There are many things criticisable about Ruby but touching stuff at a store is not one of them.
Plus , she is a germaphobe

Sorry I couldn’t quote the post
I mean thats not even true? Touching a surface which has been contaminated with the virus is a transmission route, you can literally google it. I’m also a pharmacy student and some of our lecturers are working with covid right now and they’ve literally told us that it can be transmitted from contact with surfaces. Regardless of how uncommon this way of transmission is, obviously we cannot sanitize every surface that we do touch -and sometimes we can’t avoid touching things, but running your hands all over a load of books in a bookshop when you have no intention of buying them is irresponsible during a pandemic.

Reactions: 5
I mean thats not even true? Touching a surface which has been contaminated with the virus is a transmission route, you can literally google it. I’m also a pharmacy student and some of our lecturers are working with covid right now and they’ve literally told us that it can be transmitted from contact with surfaces. Regardless of how uncommon this way of transmission is, obviously we cannot sanitize every surface that we do touch -and sometimes we can’t avoid touching things, but running your hands all over a load of books in a bookshop when you have no intention of buying them is irresponsible during a pandemic.
Here,
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200903/coronavirus-on-surfaces-whats-the-real-risk
Wear a mask,
Wash your hands,
Don't panic

Reactions: 6
She seems to be doing a bit of damage control on her Insta stories now, by promoting the end child hunger/poverty petitions etc.

Things like this really show how naive Ruby is. I'm sure she got asked to work with the NHS and thought "this is such a great opportunity, I'll be helping people and doing a good thing!" without considering any of the other factors around it. Just like with the A-Level results thing this year when she was like "I was sad too when I only got an A!" despite the situations being totally different.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Things like this really show how naive Ruby is. I'm sure she got asked to work with the NHS and thought "this is such a great opportunity, I'll be helping people and doing a good thing!" without considering any of the other factors around it. Just like with the A-Level results thing this year when she was like "I was sad too when I only got an A!" despite the situations being totally different.
I don’t think ruby is that clued up on politics to be honest. She’s repeating Boris “hands face space” slogan and getting paid when everyone already knows it. It wouldn’t shock me if her family were tories, they seem to be very middle class and I think Ruby went to private school?? But the problem is that she’s then posting about the free school meals controversy while still promoting the government’s covid rules and getting paid!!

Reactions: 10
Doesn't she work with a management? If so, shouldn't they guide her about those kinds of contents? I totally agree with the poster above who said maybe she thought it would be a great opportunity to "help people", in the most naïve way possible.

Doesn't she work with a management? If so, shouldn't they guide her about those kinds of contents? I totally agree with the poster above who said maybe she thought it would be a great opportunity to "help people", in the most naïve way possible.
Yeh the same management as Jack and Jade and Eve C. I think the unite adverts were the management's direction. I think they are called "sixteenth" or something.

Reactions: 3
Maybe I’m a cynic but I think ruby knows more than we give her credit for. As someone who spends all that time on extra projects it’s hard to believe she’s never looked into british politics even a little. Thinking about it did she post anything about BLM or the election? I can’t remember a comment from her on either but both fell quite a while ago now

Maybe I’m a cynic but I think ruby knows more than we give her credit for. As someone who spends all that time on extra projects it’s hard to believe she’s never looked into british politics even a little. Thinking about it did she post anything about BLM or the election? I can’t remember a comment from her on either but both fell quite a while ago now
Agreed, she’s painfully naive and privileged but she’s not stupid. Her parents likely vote Tory and clearly have done well for themselves and I just think she has no idea of the extent of ills in society. And tbf why would she? The only sense of injustice she’s ever experienced is getting rejected from Oxford as far as I can tell 🤷🏻‍♀️
She’s too intelligent to limit her SM to aesthetics and pretend not to see the real world but she’s not a full blown SJW either (I don’t mean that derogatorily either).
It’s a hard balance and I don’t envy her. I personally don’t post any social issues on my insta stories and sometimes feel uneasy about it but I don’t have a 100k+ platform. Then again a lot of this stuff is performative and done to cover their own backs (very few influencers post themselves donating/volunteering at homeless shelters or food banks and it’s not difficult to offer a few hours a week). I know she’s a student but it is possible, in my 3rd year I had three part time jobs and volunteered in a young persons charity. It all depends what ✨direction✨ she wants to take her channel in, up to her of course.

Reactions: 11
So she's moved back home does this mean her friend is now having to pay for the house all on her own for the rest of the term

• Wow
So she's moved back home does this mean her friend is now having to pay for the house all on her own for the rest of the term
I'm really not surprised by this, tbh I'm surprised that she didn't move home sooner. As she signed a contract, she'd still be liable for rent unless she finds a replacement tenant herself, but it's not like she can't afford it.

I doubt she'll move back in January though, it's more like a permanent move I think.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I don’t think ruby is that clued up on politics to be honest. She’s repeating Boris “hands face space” slogan and getting paid when everyone already knows it. It wouldn’t shock me if her family were tories, they seem to be very middle class and I think Ruby went to private school?? But the problem is that she’s then posting about the free school meals controversy while still promoting the government’s covid rules and getting paid!!
I would assume they’re tories bc I always see them reading the telegraph everytime they feature in any of her morning routine videos.
But does anyone remember when she had to refilm that what I got for xmas video coz her cousin was in the background wearing a MAGA hat and T shirt that said build the wall or something?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Has she no longer got any in-person teaching this semester now? I know some unis have gone fully online but I didn't think Exeter was as bad as up north?

edit: oh I see from Instagram she's signed up for remote teaching. Well, I can't criticise her for that to be fair. I hope her housemate is ok though.

Last edited:
  • Sad
oh wow I wondered why she wasn’t posting videos. Not that surprising considering how worried she was, the constant disinfecting etc. And I guess only seminars are in person, and even then it might not be all of them.

Has she no longer got any in-person teaching this semester now? I know some unis have gone fully online but I didn't think Exeter was as bad as up north?
Some give you the option not to go to seminars face to face if you don’t want to/can’t

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.