Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it's too early for a new thread title but here's one with torycore:

Ruby Granger #10: house is an eyesore, dresses like Torycore, 30+ routines... how many more?

I'm not good with title names though haha
"Living like a peasant is such a bore!"

Reactions: 2
I wonder what ever became of the house she bought...the one she showed us once, got ripped apart for, and then took the video down? That was such a poor decision as she can't even handle being alone in her parent's home without freaking out and obviously thrilled to be doing uni remotely. I would have been heartbroken if I could not attend my university. Time goes by so fast and we mature a lot during this time. It is a pity Ruby isn't experiencing it and, more than likely, won't go back. I haven't heard her say anything remotely like announcing the possibility of returning in the fall and being excited and hopeful for it. She just wants to stay with Mommy and Daddy for the rest of her life. Pathetic.

I honestly can't stand the clothes she gets, nor the outfits she puts together. She has no sense of fashion and these OOTD's are so peculiar and stiff. She has lost too much weight too fast and is starting to look gaunt in the face. If she thinks this will keep her from having to grow up, she is in for some nasty surprises. Being locked up in an ED facility with no possibility of going home and having feeding tubes shoved down your nose isn't very, well, shall we say, aesthetic?

She is the kind of person, when at age 40, is still living with and relying entirely on her parents for everything, trying to find herself and failing miserably. Covid would have been the perfect time to move into her "house", set it up, do school from there and learn some major independence. She never seems to take the correct route in life, even when it is offered to her on a golden platter.

Reactions: 17
I wonder what ever became of the house she bought...the one she showed us once, got ripped apart for, and then took the video down? That was such a poor decision as she can't even handle being alone in her parent's home without freaking out and obviously thrilled to be doing uni remotely. I would have been heartbroken if I could not attend my university. Time goes by so fast and we mature a lot during this time. It is a pity Ruby isn't experiencing it and, more than likely, won't go back. I haven't heard her say anything remotely like announcing the possibility of returning in the fall and being excited and hopeful for it. She just wants to stay with Mommy and Daddy for the rest of her life. Pathetic.

I honestly can't stand the clothes she gets, nor the outfits she puts together. She has no sense of fashion and these OOTD's are so peculiar and stiff. She has lost too much weight too fast and is starting to look gaunt in the face. If she thinks this will keep her from having to grow up, she is in for some nasty surprises. Being locked up in an ED facility with no possibility of going home and having feeding tubes shoved down your nose isn't very, well, shall we say, aesthetic?

She is the kind of person, when at age 40, is still living with and relying entirely on her parents for everything, trying to find herself and failing miserably. Covid would have been the perfect time to move into her "house", set it up, do school from there and learn some major independence. She never seems to take the correct route in life, even when it is offered to her on a golden platter.

To be fair to Roobee, I can understand not wanting to go back to uni. I'm autistic and see myself in some of her behaviours, and I think, like me, she probably found uni too much. I would have given ANYTHING to stay at home, but I stuck it out for 3 years and it made me miserable. I get that it's an opportunity to mature, but if she is autistic or similar, it's really not worth the suffering. It's not pathetic to stay away from somewhere that makes you unhappy. The environment is just not good for some people, and they end up alone in their bedrooms crying most days.

I think you're right though, she really needs some form of independence. A part-time job would be a place to start, even volunteering and just getting out and doing things alone. You need that if you're going to live at your parents', otherwise you're a womanchild. Uni degrees can be done on 3 days studying a week. With the extra time she saves not food shopping, cleaning, etc, she should be doing something else on top of the degree. How about working part time, and then saving up for a nice break somewhere?! And then she's got plenty of new material for YouTube too.

Wow magic I'm so full of ideas, Roobee lmk if you need a manager :)

~Why am I qualified in my opinion?
I have an English degree, a MSc, and worked part-time all throughout my education. Despite not having *top* grades, I now have a wide breadth of experience which is far more employable than if I'd aced my degrees and flounced around the garden in between. Stop living in fairyland Ruby pls

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Re: the house, wasn’t she renting it out? If so then it would have been quite difficult for her to get the tenants to leave because of the rules around evictions during the pandemic. And honestly, given that she has a home and that there’s been so much uncertainty students physically returning to uni, I would have had zero respect for her if she had evicted the tenants just so she could waft around playing at being a Victorian waif in her cottage for a few months.

Reactions: 14
Popped through Ruby's Instagram following and found that she follows a LITERAL CHILD INFLUENCER.

Her name is Anastasia Achikhmina, and she goes by @aanas.tasia_. Apparently she is some sort of child actor / model, which is concerning by itself enough with what we know about the child acting and modelling industry.

And oh yes, SHE IS NINE. 9!!!

I'm sure that this is childhood projection and even perhaps ED related thinspo...which terrifies me. This girl hasn't even started to experience puberty yet.
Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 1.38.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 1.39.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 1.40.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 1.40.25 AM.png

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
To be fair to Roobee, I can understand not wanting to go back to uni. I'm autistic and see myself in some of her behaviours, and I think, like me, she probably found uni too much. I would have given ANYTHING to stay at home, but I stuck it out for 3 years and it made me miserable. I get that it's an opportunity to mature, but if she is autistic or similar, it's really not worth the suffering. It's not pathetic to stay away from somewhere that makes you unhappy. The environment is just not good for some people, and they end up alone in their bedrooms crying most days.
Oop I suspect I might be autistic and I see a lot of my behaviours in her too, and I get the not wanting to leave home as well. I used to get terribly homesick as a child, and I still do tbh. First year of uni was an utter nightmare. However once I made some friends and I could live with people I knew then that made it better, for me first year was awful bc everyone was new! I’m now doing a postgrad diploma and living with new people again in an “adult” shared house and although I’m better now, I still sometimes feel like I’m back to square one and back in my 18 year old mindset

Reactions: 7
Popped through Ruby's Instagram following and found that she follows a LITERAL CHILD INFLUENCER.

Her name is Anastasia Achikhmina, and she goes by @aanas.tasia_. Apparently she is some sort of child actor / model, which is concerning by itself enough with what we know about the child acting and modelling industry.

And oh yes, SHE IS NINE. 9!!!

I'm sure that this is childhood projection and even perhaps ED related thinspo...which terrifies me. This girl hasn't even started to experience puberty yet.
View attachment 570491View attachment 570492View attachment 570493View attachment 570494
No offense to the little girl who is gorgeous but I hate this lol
I can imagine the kind of attention she gets on Instagram. Social media are full of creeps

You're right, I stopped going to uni a year ago and I'm graduating in July, so I'm never going back. It's awful. Not to mention due to the various lockdowns in my country I spent the better part of that year at my parents' house (which is a small flat where I share a room with my brother) and I was honestly craving some space and independence. I guess having a giant mansion with a garden and a bunch of spare rooms you can use to film scullery maid routines helps.

Ruby is looking gaunt in her recent pics 😔 Come on Ruby, go to uni next year, make the most of it.

Tbh I can see her spending the summer doing cartwheels but I think she could really benefit from getting a summer job that gets her out of the house and out of a routine of being sat at the desk all day.

Reactions: 10
I'll try to find the video but in one of her recent university vlogs she kept getting really bad anxiety about someone breaking into her uni house and would hide in the bathroom.

timestamp 6:07

timestamp: 4:04

Also just to note I am not making fun of Ruby for having anxiety in whatever form. I just worry that she if hasn't sought help for it yet then maybe her potentially going back to uni in September will cause her more harm than good. I just hope she is getting help and talking to someone.
If I remember correctly, one time she climbed out the window without shoes when she was at home because she thought she heard a burglar in the house? But I could totally just imagine it...
I feel so sorry for her for being so anxious

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I genuinely think that Ruby would benefit from mental health support/therapy of some kind. I'm (obviously) not trying to diagnose her or anything but I think she just needs some help to break away from her incessant routines and gain some form of independence or perspective for the future outside of university.

Reactions: 12
Social media accounts like that little girl's are worrying. N o n c e-magnets.

Reactions: 9
If I remember correctly, one time she climbed out the window without shoes when she was at home because she thought she heard a burglar in the house? But I could totally just imagine it...
I feel so sorry for her for being so anxious
Yep, I remember that - Martha had left a window open somewhere and the draught caused an interior door to slam. What I find a bit strange is why she bothered including it in the video. If it had been me, I'd have been embarrassed.

Reactions: 11
Yep, I remember that - Martha had left a window open somewhere and the draught caused an interior door to slam. What I find a bit strange is why she bothered including it in the video. If it had been me, I'd have been embarrassed.
There’s so much stuff that she’s making a choice to include in her videos and social media that comes across as a cry for help. I really hope that someone close to her is picking up on it and directing her towards professional support.

Reactions: 11
There’s so much stuff that she’s making a choice to include in her videos and social media that comes across as a cry for help. I really hope that someone close to her is picking up on it and directing her towards professional support.
Yeah tbh more than the fact that she does certain things (like crying over grades or hiding in the bathroom) the worrying part is that she chooses to post these moments on the Internet. Like if she acts like this on her Youtube channel who knows what she does in real life and doesn't post about.

Reactions: 9
Ruby's posted that she "can't wait to be studying again on campus in the autumn" on Insta, and I can't help but think that it might be in response to what's been said on the thread to try to prove us wrong or something along those lines. Then again, Ruby is all about ✨autumn✨ and ✨dark academia✨ so maybe she's just looking forward to all of the "a guide to dark academia (university edition)", "stationery haul (vintage, dark academia)", "productive morning and evening routine at university (dark academia)", "making a dark academia moodboard at university", "dark academia study day (university edition)", "studying during a cold, rainy afternoon (dark academia)" videos that she'll probably make. All that aside, I do hope that she really wants to and plans to go back to Exeter and gain some independence.

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.