Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And this is why you need to learn how to fail at something. Because the more you fail, the more you learn, and the less it hurts. Clearly the first time she'd 'failed' at something in her life. (Failure defined by her as a score less than 70, a 2:2 for a first uni grade is very respectable)
My first uni grade was a 6.8/10, I was disappointed because as a first generation student the fear of failure is definitely there. However, I would never make a video crying about it. But at my uni: 4-5.5 is fail, but you get to resit 5.5-6.5 is pass, but bad, 6.5-7.5 is fine, 7.5-8.5 is good and 8.5+ is almost impossible to get.

Reactions: 3
It's been announced that in-person teaching will commence at universities next week. I wonder if Ruby will go back...

• Wow
Reactions: 4
If anything, it's a great learning opportunity to 'fail' :rolleyes: a formative piece of work, because you can learn what you did right and wrong and apply that to the work that counts.

She's definitely contacted her lecturers before when she's received a mark back, to tell them that she thinks that they didn't take X Y or Z into account. I can't remember which video it was in, but someone screen-capped her laptop screen, and we could see her notes ready for such a meeting.
Man, I'm sure her lecturers love being told how to do their job by Ruby

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It's been announced that in-person teaching will commence at universities next week. I wonder if Ruby will go back...
I don't see why she would tbh, she's at most going to have a month of uni left at that point and I'm still doubting that unis will even be able to have students go back as it's very short notice to organise room bookings and timetabling.

Reactions: 11
My first uni grade was a 6.8/10, I was disappointed because as a first generation student the fear of failure is definitely there. However, I would never make a video crying about it. But at my uni: 4-5.5 is fail, but you get to resit 5.5-6.5 is pass, but bad, 6.5-7.5 is fine, 7.5-8.5 is good and 8.5+ is almost impossible to get.
Yeah like I get being disappointed about a low grade but filming and posting yourself crying over it is so incredibly immature. Like what is she gonna do when something way worse than an imperfect grade happens to her?

Reactions: 4
Yeah like I get being disappointed about a low grade but filming and posting yourself crying over it is so incredibly immature. Like what is she gonna do when something way worse than an imperfect grade happens to her?
I just think, wtf is going to happen to her when she finally leaves education? She seems to base most of her self worth off her grades! I’m not sure how she’s going to survive

Reactions: 13
I can sympathise with her a bit on this point - I've done more than one degree and the quality of most of the marking I have received has been dreadful. Like, not only are the points not constructive, but they'll put a note like 'why' when the next sentence is the explanation because they clearly don't read through properly...

I particularly remember the lecturer who told me that I should be 'happy' with a 2:2 and there was nothing wrong with my essay... like, not only does that not make sense when there are two whole grades above it, but getting less than a 2:1 literally prevents you applying for a whole bunch of jobs, so is a borderline fail in the eyes of society.

Reactions: 3
I can sympathise with her a bit on this point - I've done more than one degree and the quality of most of the marking I have received has been dreadful. Like, not only are the points not constructive, but they'll put a note like 'why' when the next sentence is the explanation because they clearly don't read through properly...

I particularly remember the lecturer who told me that I should be 'happy' with a 2:2 and there was nothing wrong with my essay... like, not only does that not make sense when there are two whole grades above it, but getting less than a 2:1 literally prevents you applying for a whole bunch of jobs, so is a borderline fail in the eyes of society.
Asking for explanations on why you got a particular grade is okay, it's helpful for you to do better next time, but with Ruby I was imagining a more Karen-esque scenario if you know what I mean lol

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I doubt she'll return, as her teaching for the academic year seems to be over now. I'm still not convinced that she'll go back in September if online teaching is still an option.

I mentor undergraduate students, and some of them approach marking like they are entitled to a first just because they think they deserve one (whether or not they put in the effort). I don't mind if a student genuinely doesn't understand the feedback or can't see where they went wrong, but the number of students who are outright defensive about receiving a 68 instead of a 72...

Reactions: 11
I know someone at Exeter and once exams are done there’s no teaching until September. So, from a purely academic POV, there’s literally no point.

Reactions: 12
I doubt she'll return, as her teaching for the academic year seems to be over now. I'm still not convinced that she'll go back in September if online teaching is still an option.
I actually think she might go back in September. I think she'll try to cling to her last year of uni and get the most out of it. But at the same time I feel like she'll be like a fish out of water if she goes back because of the amount she has regressed in the last year. I don't think she's mentally well enough and being alone in a uni house (even with a housemate) might leave her where she was last time...hiding in the bathroom thinking someones broken in, restricting her food to cope, etc.

I think she'll want to go back because uNiveRsiTy and dArk AcaDeMia but I don't think she'll cope well.

Reactions: 10
I actually think she might go back in September. I think she'll try to cling to her last year of uni and get the most out of it. But at the same time I feel like she'll be like a fish out of water if she goes back because of the amount she has regressed in the last year. I don't think she's mentally well enough and being alone in a uni house (even with a housemate) might leave her where she was last time...hiding in the bathroom thinking someones broken in, restricting her food to cope, etc.

I think she'll want to go back because uNiveRsiTy and dArk AcaDeMia but I don't think she'll cope well.
Wait what happened when was she hiding in the bathroom? I must’ve missed that

Reactions: 1
I'll try to find the video but in one of her recent university vlogs she kept getting really bad anxiety about someone breaking into her uni house and would hide in the bathroom.

timestamp 6:07

timestamp: 4:04

Also just to note I am not making fun of Ruby for having anxiety in whatever form. I just worry that she if hasn't sought help for it yet then maybe her potentially going back to uni in September will cause her more harm than good. I just hope she is getting help and talking to someone.

Last edited:
I'll try to find the video but in one of her recent university vlogs she kept getting really bad anxiety about someone breaking into her uni house and would hide in the bathroom.

timestamp 6:07

timestamp: 4:04

Also just to note I am not making fun of Ruby for having anxiety in whatever form. I just worry that she if hasn't sought help for it yet then maybe her potentially going back to uni in September will cause her more harm than good. I just hope she is getting help and talking to someone.
Ohh no I actually do feel bad for her, I wonder if something happened to her before to make her keep thinking someone is coming into her house?

Reactions: 9
When I lived alone, sure, it crossed my mind that someone could break in, and I had to think what I would do in that situation. However, running into a room and staying there for 40 minutes, that is pretty extreme. I wonder if she was taught from a young age to fear intruders, given that she lives in a wealthy area/nice house?

Ohh no I actually do feel bad for her, I wonder if something happened to her before to make her keep thinking someone is coming into her house?
I wonder about this too, as she said (in one of her videos) that when she was still at school she went through a phase of being too scared to be left in the house alone - I think this was when she was 16/18 so not young. I don’t think she’s ever spoken about it but I wonder if there was a burglary or something that affected her? Given her fears it seems odd that she’s so careless about divulging her location online.

I wonder about this too, as she said (in one of her videos) that when she was still at school she went through a phase of being too scared to be left in the house alone - I think this was when she was 16/18 so not young. I don’t think she’s ever spoken about it but I wonder if there was a burglary or something that affected her? Given her fears it seems odd that she’s so careless about divulging her location online.
Yeah that level of paranoia usually comes from a previous bad experience, I know someone who got their door kicked in a few years ago by 2 massive guys looking for a previous tenant who apparently owed them money, she was alone in the house at the time. Even now she still freaks out when she is alone, has called the police multiple times thinking someone is breaking in etc.
Idk if something similar happened to Ruby, like a burglary or something but it could explain it.

Reactions: 10
I don't remember her mentioning anything about an actual burglary before. It was more like one time she "thought" someone broke in cause she heard some sounds and that was it. Again, instead of managing her fears and go to therapy (for which she has tons of money - not like other people in need) she chooses to showcase it to her viewers. I mean mental health should be talked about but all she does is show worrying and detrimental behaviours instead of taking action or spreading awareness. It's just annoying and not normal. This time she was hiding in the bathroom, other time she ran outside to the garden and spent an hour there being scared too. I hope her parents make her to get some help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
If something happend then I hope she’ll overcome her fear as that must be awful!

However, I can’t help myself from wondering if perhaps this is another way for her to act childlike and justify staying home?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.