Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was reading through old threads and saw this. I saw this instagram story and was impressed with her grades lol but noticed on one of her assignments where she got an 80+ mark she had a little L next to the date which wasn't there anywhere else. My friend goes to exe so I asked him what it was and apparently that means it was a late submission (which makes the grade on your transcript a 40% regardless of the grade the marker gives you).

I wonder if that's why she didn't post any videos of her opening exam results in her first term of uni this year? Maybe she didn't feel comfortable telling her audience that she'd submitted late or something (fair enough tbh)
So she didn't submit an essay on time? Again, not very organised considering productivity and organisation is literally her brand. I guess rewriting your to-do list ten times in different planners and on random pieces of paper and on Notion doesn't actually keep you on top of things, who knew

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
does sitting in your room make you look older?
I kind of understand it in a way that she looks "lifeless" and that makes her look old and dull. When she had more stuff going on while being at uni she seemed more fresh faced and mature personality wise - just compared to what she is now. Currently she looks like a very old sad child - I guess her poor Victorian child aesthetics start to come to life :sick:

Reactions: 3
Was reading through old threads and saw this. I saw this instagram story and was impressed with her grades lol but noticed on one of her assignments where she got an 80+ mark she had a little L next to the date which wasn't there anywhere else. My friend goes to exe so I asked him what it was and apparently that means it was a late submission (which makes the grade on your transcript a 40% regardless of the grade the marker gives you).

I wonder if that's why she didn't post any videos of her opening exam results in her first term of uni this year? Maybe she didn't feel comfortable telling her audience that she'd submitted late or something (fair enough tbh)
Not necessarily, at my uni it's one grade lost dependent on time late. Beyond a certain length of time it's a fail, but you drop grades until you get there.

Not necessarily, at my uni it's one grade lost dependent on time late. Beyond a certain length of time it's a fail, but you drop grades until you get there.
Dude they literally said that's how it works AT EXETER, which is where Ruby goes.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So she didn't submit an essay on time? Again, not very organised considering productivity and organisation is literally her brand. I guess rewriting your to-do list ten times in different planners and on random pieces of paper and on Notion doesn't actually keep you on top of things, who knew
I also think imo submitting essays/assignments late can be a sign of just being generally overwhelmed/anxious.

i know Ruby has mentioned struggling with her MH in the past so i think this could be a manifestation of this??

Although personally I know a late grade may just be a result of someone not prioritising the academic side of uni and instead focusing on social/society stuff (no judgement - i am so guilty of this oops). But don't get the feeling that this is the case for Ruby.

Reactions: 13
I also think imo submitting essays/assignments late can be a sign of just being generally overwhelmed/anxious.

i know Ruby has mentioned struggling with her MH in the past so i think this could be a manifestation of this??

Although personally I know a late grade may just be a result of someone not prioritising the academic side of uni and instead focusing on social/society stuff (no judgement - i am so guilty of this oops). But don't get the feeling that this is the case for Ruby.
She'd be more relatable if she spoke about that instead of pretending like she's little Miss Perfect.
Guess rewriting essays doesn't actually count for much if you don't submit them on time.

Reactions: 17
She'd be more relatable if she spoke about that instead of pretending like she's little Miss Perfect.
I always get the impression that Ruby’s massively anxious and it manifests itself in perfectionism. You can see the spiral she’s in - she wants to be ‘perfect’ (whatever that is to her), she stresses about it, the stress makes her mess up, so she tries harder and wears herself out which makes it even harder for her to achieve that level of perfect that she’s imposed on herself. I also think she’s obsessed with processes and loses focus on actual results. Honestly, she’s probably put herself in an even worse position because she has created this ‘perfectly productive’ persona online - she gets criticism for it, which then makes her try even harder to be ‘perfect’ and then she gets criticism for that too. You can totally see her turning this all inwards at the moment, which is really sad. She needs help, not a YouTube channel.

Reactions: 22
A friend of mine had this happen - he was behind in his essay writing, and decided he'd prefer to submit nothing (and get a capped grade for a late submission) than submit something on time that was unfinished/he wasn't happy with. He said afterwards that he made that decision is whirl of anxiety-warped logic, because he thought unfinished/bad work would get the same as the capped mark anyway, but wasn't emotionally ready to find that out.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if she’ll ever address it in a video? I can totally see her eventually talking about how MH can impact studying and missing deadlines. But then again, I feel like she would hate to admit that she’d submitted an essay late, regardless of the reason.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if she’ll ever address it in a video? I can totally see her eventually talking about how MH can impact studying and missing deadlines. But then again, I feel like she would hate to admit that she’d submitted an essay late, regardless of the reason.
I hope she does, because I think it's really important to normalise talking about MH issues. She's spoke about getting therapy in the past so maybe she will... however the fact that its potentially affected her grades may stop her :(

If it was due to MH issues (and not disorganisation), then I really hope she works on it with a professional, as I'd hate to see her MH stop her from doing something she loves (from what I can see she loves studying english). Even if it was disorganisation, it would be worth talking about her channel to show that you can't always be perfect

Reactions: 4
She does seem a lot less passionate about studying English than how she seemed in het first year to me. I am afraid it is due to MH issues. In 2016/2017 I respected her for her incredible motivation to study. However, now it just pains me to watch her, she is unrelatable and it is clear she is trying to hide her bad MH. I wish she had left Youtube when she entered uni because I think uni+Youtube is just too much to handle for her at the moment. I would love for her to leave Youtube for a few years and then come back to passionately talk about her work instead of watching her run herself into the ground.

Reactions: 11
I obviously might be wrong, but I honestly don't get the vibe that Ruby is a perfectionist (I think she just wants to be one) because she's so disorganized with so many things, the book club, her videos, etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I obviously might be wrong, but I honestly don't get the vibe that Ruby is a perfectionist (I think she just wants to be one) because she's so disorganized with so many things, the book club, her videos, etc etc
Maybe it's more that she likes the perfect idea of things, as opposed to following through perfectly?

Reactions: 7
She’s addressed it, and she says she’s been diagnosed. Perfectionism doesn’t mean you do things perfectly - it means you’re afraid you’ll do things imperfectly, so you have anxiety, trouble making decisions, problems with putting things off, and feelings of inferiority. I’ve struggled with it myself, and have someone in my family whose life has been crippled by a clinical level of perfectionism.

Reactions: 22
This may sound harsher than what is meant and Ruby, if you are reading this, you are still a good looking young woman.

But, as a woman in her early 20s with a similar body and face type as hers but who never committed to a strict or perfectly balanced diet, I gotta say, it is almost liberating to see that even with such visible weight loss she hasn't magically transformed into a crazy attractive top level instagram model. It is so easy to think, if only I lost the double chin or forced myself to lose those few pounds, I'd look 10x better, but now I can stay healthy and active, but also relax and not starve myself, the difference does not seem worth it.

Reactions: 12
I'm a TA and get late assignments for all kinds of reasons... students have sent essays to the wrong address or uploaded it to the wrong course, had their Internet crash shortly before the deadline, fell sick, couldn't access something online when they were trying to do the work last-minute... some of these reasons are better than others, some can be prevented by good personal organization and some are just part of life beating us up, but I still want to put it out there. My own wifi recently gave out for nearly two days straight and it threw my work schedule into massive chaos. When I had caught up I lost another afternoon to a stress-induced migraine. It happens 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
She’s addressed it, and she says she’s been diagnosed. Perfectionism doesn’t mean you do things perfectly - it means you’re afraid you’ll do things imperfectly, so you have anxiety, trouble making decisions, problems with putting things off, and feelings of inferiority. I’ve struggled with it myself, and have someone in my family whose life has been crippled by a clinical level of perfectionism.
Interesting! Do you remember which video she talked about this?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.