Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @mooncat for the thread title 😂😂😂 I had to shorten it slightly to fit!

Recap...
-Ruby is still ED baiting and morphing into a wannabe Holly Gabrielle
-she is regressing further and further into a weird childhood lifestyle
-she lectures us on sustainable living and tells us to go to farm shops, while stressing the benefits of the pandemic (and collecting mountains of gifted clothes)
-her 'routine' videos are so boring that several members have ended up fantasising about her dad
-she is somehow still getting sponsored by brands

Anything else?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The thing that’s good about tattle is that there are strict rules and if you do cross the line, the post gets removed. So in that sense it really annoys me when influencers moan they’re getting talked about on here bc its just like, no ones doxing you here or doing anything that could actually harm you, so just don’t read it? I feel like a lot of influencers don’t seem to understand that if you put yourself in the public eye, you will receive criticism whether you like it or not
Idk if anyone else is following the Lauren Hough debacle on book twitter but this is basically it lol creators need to learn how to handle (good-natured) criticism and if you can't handle it for whatever reason you need to stay away from places solely devoted to criticism, be it Goodreads or gossip sites.

Reactions: 5

I think, referring back to my post in the last thread, that there is a huge difference between hate and criticism. I have seen some posts on this site that would fall under bullying and "hate" and I think that users here are usually good at pointing that out and removing it. For example, although I do think that people should call out Ruby for promoting unhealthy behaviors, it is not okay to make fun of her appearance (especially because there may be other people on here with EDs who may find this upsetting). I think at the end of the day, a lot of people have a clear idea of what things are appropriate to gossip about without placing someone else in danger. I like that we can be critical of YouTubers and have more open discussions about how their content affects us. But yeah, it's tricky because at the end of the day, Ruby is a real person and she may stumble across these pages every now and then. And I think that, putting myself in her shoes, I'd be pretty upset even while knowing that all this comes with the career.

Reactions: 7
Recap:

Ruby

- still making tons of routine videos (not much of a routine if it changes constantly, is it Ruby?)
- is still doing lots of #ads
- took a photo recreating one of her “very favourite painitings” allegedly by Vladmir Gusev but seems like Konstantin Razumov is the actual artist (mistakes aside, a lot of her “inspiration” on Pinterest is paintings of white girls, children, and upper class women – kinda creepy)
- got a new poster of A Little Princess
- reads Beatrix Potter
- made a “I ate like a Victorian child for a weekend” video
- put a lot of her Hermione Granger videos on private
- uploads videos and photos that have time jumps all over the place/chronological inaccuracies
- asked people what they think her aesthetic is
- said that someone has told her that her content reminds them of ’rainy afternoons, large mugs of tea, low-burning candlesticks and new birdsong’
- doesn’t seem to have said anything further regarding reinvestment from holocaust memorial day ads?
- shared a post regarding Prince Philip’s passing on her Instagram stories, immediately followed by an photo of her dressed in all black (don’t know whether she was trying to show she was wearing black in mourning or for some reason thought it was appropriate to play dark academia dress up)
- filmed herself doing an aerial while reading
- has an Instagram story about the lack of awareness regarding atypical anorexia, added another story with a disclaimer that she wasn’t talking about herself and a picture of a rather unappetizing-looking meal (then deleted all of it)
- hopefully won’t be delving into new “aesthetics” like fairy academia and ballet academia, whatever they are
- wrote her summative essay on Anne Frank
- posted a photo of her as a child on her vegan account
- made a “cottagecore: everything you need to know” video with the thumbnail of her dressed like a child from an 18th century painting
- is still really, really, really unaware of/blind to her privilege

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I just browsed through the aesthetic list. Actually it gets quite disturbing after some while. Kidcore, babycore, trauma core???? Wtf!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
No way am I going to have to be reminded of daddy granger every time I check this thread now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :sick: I can’tttt😅

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Idk how to post across threads, but for the person that mentioned Nayna getting hate for following someone who was in the tit at the time, I'm pretty sure that was about Jade.

No way am I going to have to be reminded of daddy granger every time I check this thread now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :sick: I can’tttt😅
i am so sorryyy hehe, I just found it very funny how so many people found him hot (don't see it tho) so I kinda thought I had to include it, as it was a big part of the last pages from #8

also wanted to add that ruby has a new hobby - gardening! of course she's wearing a white dress for that, what else would you wear for gardening? was asked to do a video about ballet academia, which consists of excessive stretching (also while reading/studying) doing tasks, ballet (obviously) and creating busywork for yourself

• Haha
Reactions: 13
are her hands ok...? they look purple in her story
(sorry for not uploading a screenshot - my phone is acting up atm)

Reactions: 5
Ruby is now following Amber Schulz on both her personal and her food accounts on Instagram. Amber is a high school junior (I think!) elite track and cross country runner who posts about her running career and her struggles with anorexia as an athlete. She also posts a LOT about her food, which can be best described as Holly Gabrielle with occasional eggs and fish, and she's currently sitting out the track season to work through an injury caused by training so intensely through her ED.

So either Ruby is planning to try out for cross country when she goes back to uni in September, or she's not following Amber for the running content...

Reactions: 11
I'm curious as to what triggered Ruby's ED. And if she doesn't have an ED, why is she so drawn to them? I know Holly and her family did dance at a high level, and that industry is known to encourage unhealthy behaviours. But with Ruby I'm pretty sure she has never participated in elite sports, so I wonder where the issues are coming from.

I'm curious as to what triggered Ruby's ED. And if she doesn't have an ED, why is she so drawn to them? I know Holly and her family did dance at a high level, and that industry is known to encourage unhealthy behaviours. But with Ruby I'm pretty sure she has never participated in elite sports, so I wonder where the issues are coming from.
From wanting to be a ~thin~ and ~frail~ Victorian child.

Reactions: 22
I mean, I suppose anything really could be going on in her life that we don’t know about. It could be something to do with her relationship with her family (there could be issues that she’s never shown) or it could be the pressure of showing her life online... who knows.
As much as I dislike the content she’s posting recently, (ads, constant ads, #gifted, ads, Victorian child, ADS!!!) i do genuinely hope that whatever’s going on with her isn’t too serious and I hope she is alright

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.