Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear, none of the clothes she wears have any shape! They’re all so baggy lmao
That outfit MIGHT look okay if it was a bit more fitted around the waist but honestly it just looks awful

Reactions: 3
This was the comment that made me post, so thank you. I'm livid, truth be told, about the absolute hypocrisy of this woman. Not only did she post about the absolute fiasco that was HMD, but she has the absolute audacity to accept money from a company which has vested financial interests in the Isr*eli government - a company which actively contributes to the persecution and genocide of Palestinians through their supplying of surveillance equipment to their army. To top it off, she's posted a story today about Palestine, and I cannot fathom the sheer hubris of her. On a similar note, did anyone else find it outrageous that she posted a story memorialising Prince Philip (a noted staunch racist and coloniser) while posting about George Floyd's murderer an hour or two later? How does someone reconcile these absolutely contradictory opinions? Then again, it is Ruby, so I don't hold any hope of her being able to think critically, even about her own performative politics.
Ruby does what all other (mostly white) influencers do when it comes to social media/social justice...they repost whatever is happening at the time so it looks like they care when in reality they know nothing about the situation and don't even bother trying to fully understand it/research it. She posts things like that when it's convenient and trending which is horrible. It's a PR stunt. If she didn't post about certain global issues then it looks like she doesn't care which would hurt her "brand" so she has too but that doesn't mean she understands the situation surrounding the hashtag. And that's what pisses me off.

I'll never forget her holocaust ad controversy either. For a white woman with no Jewish heritage to accept money for a Holocaust Memorial post on her personal Instagram...it's disgusting.

I swear, none of the clothes she wears have any shape! They’re all so baggy lmao
That outfit MIGHT look okay if it was a bit more fitted around the waist but honestly it just looks awful
Is it just me or has Ruby been wearing baggy clothing a lot more recently? It could be another indicator of ed behavior/body dysmorphia. I remember a while back she posted an outfit of the day on instagram where she was covered head to toe in an all black outfit, on one of the hottest days of the year so far in the UK.

Reactions: 12
I'll never forget her holocaust ad controversy either. For a white woman with no Jewish heritage to accept money for a Holocaust Memorial post on her personal Instagram...it's disgusting.
it made me so uncomfortable as a german as well... HMD and our history in general is a really key aspect of our education and most everyone (except for neo nazis) actively try to incorporate some form of remembrance and respect towards the victims of the holocaust. I didn't even know it was sponsored and I initially just thought she was bringing awareness to the day, but for her to be basically retroactively profiting off of the holocaust is just really disgusting to me. She does so many sponsorships anyway, and she couldn't pass up this one in order to respect HMD and the victims of the Holocaust? I used to really enjoy Ruby's content and I wish her well as a person but this makes it really uncomfortable and disappointed in her, especially since she presents herself to be this really socially aware person.

Reactions: 13
Hi, I'm a new poster but you've hit some things on the head that have been bothering me for ages.

The most egregious example I can think of in regards to the misappropriation of words is her use of the word 'aesthetic'. Now I know that this is a word used online to describe a certain kind of style or personality, but an English student using this word in such a way is a massive red flag. Aesthetics in literature and other art forms are absolutely crucial to our understanding of a text, and it's categorically not used in this context. What's more, she often uses this as an adjective without a noun following it; I've lost count of the amount of times she's said "that's so aesthetic". It makes no sense!!! "That's so aesthetically pleasing", sure, even "the aesthetic experience", but not "that's so aesthetic"!!
Not to WK for Ruby (I find her use of ‘aesthetic’ deeply irritating too) but this is not just a Ruby-ism. It seems to be pretty widespread on social media to use ‘aesthetic’ when what’s actually meant is ‘I like the way this looks’. It’s misusing a fancy word to make your liking of something seem more serious. Something can have an aesthetic, but then you‘d quantify that statement by describing which aesthetic in particular you’re referencing, but just saying something’s aesthetic because you like it is a bit pointless, really.

I really have no idea what look she’s going for with 90% of her outfits. Also, she’s definitely filtering to make herself look paler but is she also stretching her pics?

Reactions: 12
Just have to say I’m loving everyones comments on here lately lolll I wish tattle had a super like button because I agree SO STRONGLY with so much of what everyones saying ... thank you for putting it all into words !!!

Reactions: 16
Not to WK for Ruby (I find her use of ‘aesthetic’ deeply irritating too) but this is not just a Ruby-ism. It seems to be pretty widespread on social media to use ‘aesthetic’ when what’s actually meant is ‘I like the way this looks’. It’s misusing a fancy word to make your liking of something seem more serious. Something can have an aesthetic, but then you‘d quantify that statement by describing which aesthetic in particular you’re referencing, but just saying something’s aesthetic because you like it is a bit pointless, really.
Oh absolutely, it's really common, but I'd expect an English student to know better when the word has such a specific and important meaning in their discipline. What's wrong with 'that's so pretty' or something similar, you know?

Also, I actually have to retract a bit of my last post - I was mistaken about the brand of laptop she was gifted. For some reason I thought it was a HP laptop, but that's not the case. They still support the Israeli army though, so just a warning if anyone was thinking of buying one and cares about the issue.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I’d really like to know where this charity money is going tbh, maybe she’s just hoping everyone has just forgotten about it. I find it weird she never disclosed the amount they gave her either, like if you willingly take money off a charity, then make some wild claim you’re going to make it into a holocaust memorial at a school, you should really at least be up front about all of the details. She is so dodgy

Reactions: 9
Yeah I’d really like to know where this charity money is going tbh, maybe she’s just hoping everyone has just forgotten about it. I find it weird she never disclosed the amount they gave her either, like if you willingly take money off a charity, then make some wild claim you’re going to make it into a holocaust memorial at a school, you should really at least be up front about all of the details. She is so dodgy
literally I find the whole situation with the Holocaust ad really really strange. Even the way she worded it when she was called out was weird - “reinvesting the money to underfunded schools” or something like that? It really seemed like she was carefully choosing her words bc she wasn’t being entirely truthful tbh :/ there’s something really sketchy about that whole situation

Reactions: 10
literally I find the whole situation with the Holocaust ad really really strange. Even the way she worded it when she was called out was weird - “reinvesting the money to underfunded schools” or something like that? It really seemed like she was carefully choosing her words bc she wasn’t being entirely truthful tbh :/ there’s something really sketchy about that whole situation
'Reinvesting' also suggests that the money came from schools in the first place, which it didn't. It's incredibly non-committal, and so vague that it prevents specific follow-up questions.

Reactions: 7
Obviously the decent and more pragmatic thing to do, had she actually wanted to fix her mistake and donate the money, would have been to just give the money to a charity. Since she didn't I think it's safe to assume this whole thing was just something she made up on the spot, that was never meant to go anywhere. She just wanted to get people to forget about it and get off her case.

Reactions: 11
She probably took the money and brought some new candles to drip wax all over her window sill

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Obviously the decent and more pragmatic thing to do, had she actually wanted to fix her mistake and donate the money, would have been to just give the money to a charity. Since she didn't I think it's safe to assume this whole thing was just something she made up on the spot, that was never meant to go anywhere. She just wanted to get people to forget about it and get off her case.
i totally agree. i feel like this is another case of her taking on more than she can handle (the book club having no input from her for weeks being another, albeit less scam-y, example) - she's got exams and essays and whatnot, so i understand not having the time to do big intricate projects with schools (who are also dealing with their own exam periods, probably), but it literally would've been as easy as donating it to a holocaust cause.

i hope she learns from this and realises quality > quantity - several poorly kept (read - incomplete) projects are not worth the time, if she could do a few meaningful things in that time instead.

Reactions: 5
I know someone on the book club discord and she said Ruby is never on there and the admin say they can't arrange anything with Ruby getting in touch

Reactions: 3
Yeh she’s posted some reaction videos and she reads out the exact grades. I can’t remember if she’s ever had anything under 70
her first ever uni essay was a “mid to high” 2:2 (55-59 range i guess) and she posted a video crying about it

linked here if anyone’s interested

• Haha
Reactions: 2
her first ever uni essay was a “mid to high” 2:2 (55-59 range i guess) and she posted a video crying about it

linked here if anyone’s interested
And this is why you need to learn how to fail at something. Because the more you fail, the more you learn, and the less it hurts. Clearly the first time she'd 'failed' at something in her life. (Failure defined by her as a score less than 70, a 2:2 for a first uni grade is very respectable)

Reactions: 15
And this is why you need to learn how to fail at something. Because the more you fail, the more you learn, and the less it hurts. Clearly the first time she'd 'failed' at something in her life. (Failure defined by her as a score less than 70, a 2:2 for a first uni grade is very respectable)
Also I think she said that that grade didn't even count or something?
Even if it did count, it's not the end of the world. You can't cry whenever something doesn't go your way. Everyone fails at something sooner or later.

Also I think she said that that grade didn't even count or something?
Even if it did count, it's not the end of the world. You can't cry whenever something doesn't go your way. Everyone fails at something sooner or later.
If anything, it's a great learning opportunity to 'fail' :rolleyes: a formative piece of work, because you can learn what you did right and wrong and apply that to the work that counts.

She's definitely contacted her lecturers before when she's received a mark back, to tell them that she thinks that they didn't take X Y or Z into account. I can't remember which video it was in, but someone screen-capped her laptop screen, and we could see her notes ready for such a meeting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
If it was her first ever uni essay, it was probably a formative rather than summative assessment (ie. didn't count towards her final mark for the year), but also first year marks don't count towards your final degree either, so it kind of...double doesn't count.

That said, when you've been told all your life that you're Extremely Clever you start to build your whole identity around that, and when you find yourself in an environment where you're average at best and actually have to put work in to do well, it can really duck with your head. I'm speaking from experience.

Learning to fail well and with grace is a good life skill to have but you're rarely in control of when you learn it, so I find it hard to criticise Ruby for crying over a disappointing first uni grade. It took me 24 years and 2 mental breakdowns to finally get to a place where I am emotionally OK with failure.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.