Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is spot on, she just comes off as someone who hasn't really found their "thing". She seemingly loves labels (study enthusiast, vintage, bookworm, dark academia, cottagecore, light academia, etc.) but actually she isn't any of those things.
She seems to really struggle with her own identity and she seems to really like a list and a label. She did seem to be growing a bit at uni - or at least, she wasn’t retreating so much into these different, inauthentic personas - and it’s really sad how far she’s regressed during the pandemic.

Reactions: 7
I wish she'd realise that you don't have to be an aesthetic, you can just be yourself and be spontaneous

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It reminds me of when I was figuring out my gender and sexuality as a teenager, torn between how I wanted to be, how my environment wanted me to be and how social media expected me to be. She'll figure it all out some day. :)

Reactions: 5
I haven't watched her videos in ages - they're dull and samey at this point. Obviously there's a global pandemic so I'm not slating her for wanting to be at home, it just seems a shame that she hasn't gone back to uni at all (and I doubt she will now?). She's missed out on pretty much one whole year of being at uni in person! No wonder she's regressed back into her childish ways.

Reactions: 4
I haven't watched her videos in ages - they're dull and samey at this point. Obviously there's a global pandemic so I'm not slating her for wanting to be at home, it just seems a shame that she hasn't gone back to uni at all (and I doubt she will now?). She's missed out on pretty much one whole year of being at uni in person! No wonder she's regressed back into her childish ways.
Yeh there’s no need for her to go back this term cos exams are usually over by the start of June. Hopefully she’ll go back for her final year - also for our benefit so the videos get more interesting. I did really like her uni vlogs.

Reactions: 5
Screenshot_20210509-212231_Instagram.jpg

A few things....

-does she know what an epithet is? Does she mean epigrams? 😬

-once again, groundbreaking analysis: makes you think, beautiful combination of words. My students write that when they don't have anything more intelligent to say, and they don't get marks for it 😂

-why is she using this quotation? She's put a disclaimer about not always agreeing with Wilde, but I feel like once again she's completely misinterpreting him/taking him out of context. Like, Wilde went to PRISON for being gay and was considered immoral by many of his contemporaries. Whereas I can see Ruby reading that quote and using it to back up her stupid Victorian/Edwardian puritan fantasies

-Dorian Gray is one of her 'very favourite books'...how many 'very favourites' does she have now?

-I'm not here for her lecturing us about how much of a privilege education is, especially given how generally oblivious she is to her own privilege. Some students have to work several jobs to fund their education. My student debt is well over £70k. I'm paying for this opportunity, it wasn't gifted to me 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
View attachment 567008

A few things....

-once again, groundbreaking analysis: makes you think, beautiful combination of words. My students write that when they don't have anything more intelligent to say, and they don't get marks for it 😂

-why is she using this quotation? She's put a disclaimer about not always agreeing with Wilde, but I feel like once again she's completely misinterpreting him/taking him out of context. Like, Wilde went to PRISON for being gay and was considered immoral by many of his contemporaries. Whereas I can see Ruby reading that quote and using it to back up her stupid Victorian/Edwardian puritan fantasies

-Dorian Gray is one of her 'very favourite books'...how many 'very favourites' does she have now?

-I'm not here for her lecturing us about how much of a privilege education is, especially given how generally oblivious she is to her own privilege. Some students have to work several jobs to fund their education. My student debt is well over £70k. I'm paying for this opportunity, it wasn't gifted to me 🙄
Honestly I would never roast someone for their incorrect use of words, poor spelling/grammar etc (I constantly make mistakes myself), but for an English lit student with a studytube channel, the tit she writes is awful. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her write a caption that doesn’t have some sort of weird misuse of a word in it

Reactions: 27
Lmao I'm not even a native speaker and I know that epithet does not mean what she thinks it means

• Haha
Reactions: 9
View attachment 567008

A few things....

She certainly isn’t a UK student who has to work out the exact cut of her pay check would go missing if she took the postgraduate or doctoral student finance loan that you pay back after paying a certain amount 😂 I’m that kind of student and I mean this in the sense that Ruby probably sees her Uni education as free and yes this system is as close as we will get and is easier to navigate than other countries, but it certainly isn’t free to all students because they constantly have to plan many years down the line

I’ve also noticed that Ruby seems to have no clue where she’s going after uni, not having a career in mind is absolutely fine especially since she changed degrees etc but she did a week of publishing experience then never mentioned it again (I work in publishing and had to job hunt for 8 months solidly to get my first job after leaving uni with very solid work experience), she’s also said more recently that her dream is to be an author but she did one creative writing module last year and hasn’t mentioned that she’s doing one at all this year or any extra curricular writing for uni which you could solidly put in a portfolio or cv it’s just “her own books”, which is fine to do just for fun but if it is your goal then go for it properly? I don’t know, like I said not knowing is fine and maybe she doesn’t want to say online due to expectation, but eventually it’s surely going to bite her even if she does do an MA straight afterwards

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
It will be the year 2051 and Ruby will be uploading productive work morning routing

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She certainly isn’t a UK student who has to work out the exact cut of her pay check would go missing if she took the postgraduate or doctoral student finance loan that you pay back after paying a certain amount 😂 I’m that kind of student and I mean this in the sense that Ruby probably sees her Uni education as free and yes this system is as close as we will get and is easier to navigate than other countries, but it certainly isn’t free to all students because they constantly have to plan many years down the line

I’ve also noticed that Ruby seems to have no clue where she’s going after uni, not having a career in mind is absolutely fine especially since she changed degrees etc but she did a week of publishing experience then never mentioned it again (I work in publishing and had to job hunt for 8 months solidly to get my first job after leaving uni with very solid work experience), she’s also said more recently that her dream is to be an author but she did one creative writing module last year and hasn’t mentioned that she’s doing one at all this year or any extra curricular writing for uni which you could solidly put in a portfolio or cv it’s just “her own books”, which is fine to do just for fun but if it is your goal then go for it properly? I don’t know, like I said not knowing is fine and maybe she doesn’t want to say online due to expectation, but eventually it’s sultry going to bite her even if she does do an MA straight afterwards
I don't think Ruby has really thought ahead to her future after university. I mean even the way she described the process of choosing and switching her degree, it seems she didn't really think about job opportunities at all. I guess that's something peasants who can't count on their parents' money have to worry about

Reactions: 11
I don't think Ruby has really thought ahead to her future after university. I mean even the way she described the process of choosing and switching her degree, it seems she didn't really think about job opportunities at all. I guess that's something peasants who can't count on their parents' money have to worry about
I don’t want to assume, but I also remembered whilst typing that in my uni the creative writing modules were very 50/50 between the actual writing and feedback from students in terms of seminars and discussions - the assessment was 70/30 to your portfolio of writing and then a commentary explaining your inspiration and choices - I went to a different Russel group uni so obviously don’t know how it is at Exeter but just the non-descript nature of Ruby’s attempt at a creative writing module, I don’t really remember her talking about it at all other than in passing which I wouldn’t believe watching her content now or even reading the caption of her latest IG post, made me think that maybe receiving feedback from fellow students wasn't exactly her favourite part, but then she seems to get good/positive feedback from lecturers in her essays which she has said snippets of in her vlogs

Reactions: 2
To be fair neither choice was vocational so I don't think they open different doors afterwards. But I will eat my hat if she doesn't do a masters (and try for Oxford but only tell us if she gets in) and will consider a PhD but not be able to cope with the lack of grades and the expectation of teaching alongside studying. Ruby definitely only wants to be the student.

Reactions: 9
I think she'll absolutely do a masters. She desperately needs some kind of work experience to get her out of being at home. Numbers are relatively low in the UK but no sign of Ruby making any attempts of returning to Exeter unlike Martha. Say what you will about Martha, but at least she went back!

I can't help but feel like Ruby has regressed considerably since lockdown. It's like she's still not over the Oxford rejection.

Reactions: 17
Guys, clearly she’s just using malapropisms as a literary demise! We’re all just gelatinous of her large voluptuary.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I think she'll absolutely do a masters. She desperately needs some kind of work experience to get her out of being at home. Numbers are relatively low in the UK but no sign of Ruby making any attempts of returning to Exeter unlike Martha. Say what you will about Martha, but at least she went back!

I can't help but feel like Ruby has regressed considerably since lockdown. It's like she's still not over the Oxford rejection.
ive got quite severe anxiety and i also haven't gone back to university yet. main reason being is that i dont think i can cope being independent. i dont think ruby should be shunned for this (not saying you are), because from a first degree standpoint, its horrible and i doubt she's doing it on purpose. however i hope she gets the help she needs because it can be really rough

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but as a musician, I find it so annoying that any instrumental music is "classical music" to her
THIS! this irks me to no end. Ruby soundtracks that have a piano are not classical! They're soundtracks. Not to mention if she really was into classical music you'd think she listen to more than tchicovsky (sorry spelling is horrendous) and Mozart? Play some Mahler or Bach or Verdi? No?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.