Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i really just can’t believe that she ever actually truly does these routines irl. like maybe she does parts of them, but i feel like for the most part they’re mostly an act?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Out of interest I decided to count all the routine videos she has posted throughout the years, its over 30...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I noticed, that some of the music she plays during her most recent videos are german Christmas carols. Just why?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I noticed, that some of the music she plays during her most recent videos are german Christmas carols. Just why?
If you’re referring to Tochter Zion etc., it’s derived from Handel’s Judas Maccabeus, and apparently Handel is Roobee’s newest ”dark academia” obsession.

Reactions: 2

Just saw this video- although Ruby doesn’t do the extreme study with mes anymore this girl has a good take on it!

Reactions: 9
Anyone with half a brain and an ounce of life experience would understand that studying for 12 hours a day every single day is unnecessary, not viable for most people, and not sustainable long-term.

Ok, I'm watching her latest video because I'm bored lol and did she really just leave the cup on the floor? With a little bit of tea still in it as well?
Is their house really that massive that she can't be bothered to take it back to the kitchen?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Just saw this video- although Ruby doesn’t do the extreme study with mes anymore this girl has a good take on it!
I feel that the reason she no longer does them is that they didn't make her any better of a student and people started to see through the act. But I remember watching her videos and thinking that I wasn't doing enough. Ughhh. I can't believe that I ever allowed myself to feel that way. Lol. It's sad, but it makes me sad for people watching current study with mes and feeling the same way.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I feel that the reason she no longer does them is that they didn't make her any better of a student and people started to see through the act. But I remember watching her videos and thinking that I wasn't doing enough. Ughhh. I can't believe that I ever allowed myself to feel that way. Lol. It's sad, but it makes me sad for people watching current study with mes and feeling the same way.
I remember thinking that too! When I first started university I spent so much time studying but was never retaining anything. It wasn't until my later years at uni that I figured out a study method that worked for me and didn't take 10-12 hours out of my day. Every university course is different so I can only speak for mine (I studied history). When I needed to read the textbook I skimmed it and focused on the more important key terms/parts for exams or papers. I read the introduction and conclusions of scholarly articles before spending 40 minutes reading the 25+ pages of them. I went to class, participated, asked questions, took good notes and then unplugged. Study smart, not hard kids.

It makes me so angry that Ruby and other studytubers promote this way of learning as if it's healthy. If you need 10 hours of studying to retain information then fine. But don't make the person who spent 2 hours studying feel tit by comparing the amount of time put it. Everyone learns differently, which should be respected.

I used to think Ruby was really clever and smart but now I'm realizing it's more of an act. I'm not dismissing her accomplishments, she does work hard but the way she then carries and presents herself as better than everyone or as the smartest person in the room is where my problem lies with her.

Intelligent people don't need to prove/tell to other that they are intelligent. Just saying Ruby...

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hi, I'm new here but have been following these threads for a long time-
I highly preferred the "aesthetic" of her old videos and also the content, now it just seems that all her content now is just mass-produced routine videos or Victorian/aesthetic videos. It's very annoying really because she doesn't explore other content types. I know that's what gets her the most views and money, but just a thought.
As well, I think that the reason that she does all these aesthetics and follows them religiously is because I think that she doesn't know how to be herself. What I mean by this is that before, she was Hermione Granger and she only did things that Hermione would do in different situations/ how she would've lived her life. Now it's dark academia/cottagecore/Victorian, and she's doing the exact same thing. Only allowing herself to do what those aesthetics would do.
I'm so sorry that I didn't explain that too well but I hope you sort of understand, I also don't have anything against Ruby, but it's what I think.

Reactions: 11
Hi, I'm new here but have been following these threads for a long time-
I highly preferred the "aesthetic" of her old videos and also the content, now it just seems that all her content now is just mass-produced routine videos or Victorian/aesthetic videos. It's very annoying really because she doesn't explore other content types. I know that's what gets her the most views and money, but just a thought.
As well, I think that the reason that she does all these aesthetics and follows them religiously is because I think that she doesn't know how to be herself. What I mean by this is that before, she was Hermione Granger and she only did things that Hermione would do in different situations/ how she would've lived her life. Now it's dark academia/cottagecore/Victorian, and she's doing the exact same thing. Only allowing herself to do what those aesthetics would do.
I'm so sorry that I didn't explain that too well but I hope you sort of understand, I also don't have anything against Ruby, but it's what I think.
No I think you explained it perfectly and I agree!

I know people have talked about Ruby showing signs of being autistic and and autism masking can be a huge part of that and I see it in Ruby. She clings to and tries to emulate fictional characters like Hermione, Lisa Simpson, Anne of Green Gables, A Little Princess, etc. They're all children who are "not like everyone else" and/or are exceptionally bright for their age. Ruby sees parts of herself in them but then tries to be them rather than herself.

I feel sorry for her and wish she would relax and just be herself. She constantly seems like she has to prove something but I feel like it's doing her more harm than good.

I'd love to see what Ruby gets up to outside studying. I used to really enjoy the ones she did at university. I know we're just coming out of lockdown but it's a shame.

Reactions: 3
Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but as a musician, I find it so annoying that any instrumental music is "classical music" to her

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but as a musician, I find it so annoying that any instrumental music is "classical music" to her
My partner works in the music industry and this is a rant I’ve sat through many times! One of the issues is that a lot of music libraries, especially the kind of ‘royalty-free’ sites where Ruby seems to be getting some of the ... erm ... ‘lower-quality’ stuff she uses, insist on calling anything without lyrics ‘classical’, which is totally wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi! New here. One of the many things that irk me about Ruby is how she isn't really anything specific. She is in her 20's and still so childish, trying on every aesthetic she can lay her mind on and coming up empty. She isn't Dark Academia by any means. Having a few pictures on your wall doesn't qualify. She isn't really Light Academia, because lately her videos have been pretty sparing on the intellectual ruler! She isn't CottageCore, because she filters in so much other junk, like jumping up and down like an idiot on her trampoline. She isn't really a Booktuber. Booktubers show book hauls, talk books, do in depth reviews, participate in marathons with other people. She just makes her own up. lol In fact, for someone who is an English major, she seems more interested in playing dress-up and prancing around her parent's backyard than reading. Holding a book and flipping pages doesn't make you a reader. She isn't a lifestyle vlogger....she really needs to be in a home of her own, and needs to get out of the house to other destinations, do some traveling (yeah, not much of that now, but even before and later on). Her routines are not routines, they are staged, often sponsored, plays. Just something to put up on the channel because she hasn't anything new or fresh to add. She used to be a bit interesting when she was younger and really concentrated on studying and sharing that, but when was the last time she did a real time study-with-me live stream? Ages! All in all, she is a childish adult, living in England, who lives a very humdrum life and has very little to show for it, other than a bunch of much younger followers who want to grow up and be like her, until they grow up and realize they are more mature and have fuller lives than she does!

Reactions: 32
Hi! New here. One of the many things that irk me about Ruby is how she isn't really anything specific. She is in her 20's and still so childish, trying on every aesthetic she can lay her mind on and coming up empty. She isn't Dark Academia by any means. Having a few pictures on your wall doesn't qualify. She isn't really Light Academia, because lately her videos have been pretty sparing on the intellectual ruler! She isn't CottageCore, because she filters in so much other junk, like jumping up and down like an idiot on her trampoline. She isn't really a Booktuber. Booktubers show book hauls, talk books, do in depth reviews, participate in marathons with other people. She just makes her own up. lol In fact, for someone who is an English major, she seems more interested in playing dress-up and prancing around her parent's backyard than reading. Holding a book and flipping pages doesn't make you a reader. She isn't a lifestyle vlogger....she really needs to be in a home of her own, and needs to get out of the house to other destinations, do some traveling (yeah, not much of that now, but even before and later on). Her routines are not routines, they are staged, often sponsored, plays. Just something to put up on the channel because she hasn't anything new or fresh to add. She used to be a bit interesting when she was younger and really concentrated on studying and sharing that, but when was the last time she did a real time study-with-me live stream? Ages! All in all, she is a childish adult, living in England, who lives a very humdrum life and has very little to show for it, other than a bunch of much younger followers who want to grow up and be like her, until they grow up and realize they are more mature and have fuller lives than she does!
I think that you have hit the nail on the head!

Reactions: 4

totally agree. I was born in the same year as her. I study in university and I don't spend 15 hours studying bc this is the opposite of being productive. But further, than all the aesthetics, what about having a social life? I mean, going to parties, do crazy stuff, not following the rules to just living life besides studying. I am afraid she will get lost ones she finishes studying just bc it's the only thing she is able to do.

This is spot on, she just comes off as someone who hasn't really found their "thing". She seemingly loves labels (study enthusiast, vintage, bookworm, dark academia, cottagecore, light academia, etc.) but actually she isn't any of those things.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.