Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s so bleeping tone deaf. I guess zero hour contracts are fine if you want to slum it and feel like you’re making extra pocket money on top of what mummy and daddy give you, but us plebs need to actually work to live.

Reactions: 25
She’s so bleeping tone deaf. I guess zero hour contracts are fine if you want to slum it and feel like you’re making extra pocket money on top of what mummy and daddy give you, but us plebs need to actually work to live.
I wouldn’t say that’s fair, I’ve worked on zero hour contracts the whole way through school and uni. Zero hour workers are massively exploited, I’ve never done it to top up on money from ‘mummy and daddy’. I would have far more respect for youtubers like Ruby if they actually did work a zero hour job on top of studying instead of getting paid for ads about it

Reactions: 11
I wouldn’t say that’s fair, I’ve worked on zero hour contracts the whole way through school and uni. Zero hour workers are massively exploited, I’ve never done it to top up on money from ‘mummy and daddy’. I would have far more respect for youtubers like Ruby if they actually did work a zero hour job on top of studying instead of getting paid for ads about it
Yeah you’re right, wasn’t fair, and I apologize. I guess I was just thinking of Ruby here. My perspective is actually from the point of view of someone who works full time for a company that also employs (or tries to employ) a number of people on zero to 5-hour contracts, and I find it really bleeping despicable, because the company COULD give them more hours, but they want to ”stay flexible”. And I can’t say a single thing because I also need to keep my job.
But this is a non-Ruby problem, like most real-world problems.

Reactions: 7
If these influencer fools had ever had to rely on a zero hr contract job for money, going through the struggle of trying to get enough hours each week and dealing with the frustration of travelling all the way to a shift just to turn up 5 minutes before and be told it’s cancelled, they wouldn’t be advertising apps like this as some great opportunity to make some money. They’re clueless and it’s times like this where Ruby really irritates me hahaha.

Reactions: 23
I also find it kind of icky that ruby is promoting an app that she would never use, it’s almost like her advertising a meat burger when she’s vegan? Maybe I’ve completely missed the mark here but I feel she would get so much criticism for advertising clothes she wouldn’t wear or food she wouldn’t eat so why should she get away with advertising an app she has no use for? Same vibe as advertising a windows laptop when she’s a die hard mac user

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Also she had the gall to advertise it twice in 2 days 🤢
She probably did it wrong the first time and forgot to mention that there’s a contest where you can win a year’s free tuition if you sign up. She’s so sloppy with everything lately, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Reactions: 14
That ad would be way more credible if she was actually signing up for the jobs and doing them, then talking about it... but even then we all know she doesn’t rely on that money to cover her living costs like most students do, so it still doesn’t sit right. The set up smells a lot like agency work, which I’ve done before and is absolutely AWFUL, the jobs aren’t enjoyable because you don’t have any workplace friends and they’re so unreliable you’ve can’t count on having any income to cover bills. I was also contractually not allowed to discuss my income, which I later learnt was because I was being paid half what the actual staff employed by the venues were paid. But Ruby probably thinks she is doing a charitable act of kindness through that ad, for all the ‘poor underfunded working class students’ who have to work to pay for their Aldi shop, because they can’t use daddy’s Ocado account...

Reactions: 23
She probably did it wrong the first time and forgot to mention that there’s a contest where you can win a year’s free tuition if you sign up. She’s so sloppy with everything lately, I wouldn’t be surprised.
Tbh she’s always been this sloppy at her “job”. Majority of the videos she’s uploaded over the years had sloppy editing, bad audio and bad camera work. Not to mention the lack of effort when it comes to the actual content of them. Oh and should I mention the state of their house again 🤢

Reactions: 27
It feels like a kick in the teeth to have never-worked-a-day-in-her-life Ruby advertising an app that seems to just exploit desperate students who need actual jobs with contracted hours. The fact that she could advertise a job app without even using it first is crazy to me ...

Reactions: 32
I also find it kind of icky that ruby is promoting an app that she would never use, it’s almost like her advertising a meat burger when she’s vegan? Maybe I’ve completely missed the mark here but I feel she would get so much criticism for advertising clothes she wouldn’t wear or food she wouldn’t eat so why should she get away with advertising an app she has no use for? Same vibe as advertising a windows laptop when she’s a die hard mac user
I find it much more respectful and less exploitative when influencers make the conscious effort to only promote brands that they use or at least that are part of their "image". I was listening to a podcast last week where they had a famous Italian cooking Youtuber as a guest, and she said that she only promotes brands that she uses regularly and therefore can honestly recommend. I think that's a sign of respect and decency to your audience, and also of self-respect and reliability.

It seems however that Ruby will accept money from anyone regardless so I guess she doesn't worry about these things. She doesn't even care if the thing she's promoting is clearly unethical like in this case.

Reactions: 26
being tone deaf and greedy af really isn’t very aesthetic and cottagecore of you, Roobee 😳

Reactions: 22
Concerned we’ll be giving her ideas by suggesting she should only promote an app that she’s used- next we’ll be getting ‘day in the life of a poor zero hour student worker’ while she works a 3 hour hospitality shift

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Concerned we’ll be giving her ideas by suggesting she should only promote an app that she’s used- next we’ll be getting ‘day in the life of a poor zero hour student worker’ while she works a 3 hour hospitality shift
"now hiring: live-in scullery maid, 0 hour contract, benefits include some more supper if she asks politely"

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Stint? Like the fish? :D

Ruby could change her middle name to "tonedeaf" at this point.

Reactions: 2
Hey, something just occurred to me - notice how she never talks about having a period, shaving her leg hair, dealing with PMS? Are we supposed to imagine that she's a pure Victorian child who doesn't have those or is it her choice not to include them in her videos?
Um when do public figures have to talk about that stuff? Of course she has them it goes without saying, who’s gonna announce it on their studying channel

Reactions: 16
Um when do public figures have to talk about that stuff? Of course she has them it goes without saying, who’s gonna announce it on their studying channel
I understand her not wanting to talk about it for privacy reasons, but saying "of course she has them" when she's been eating like a tiny rabbit and could very well trigger amenorrhea is a bit innocent ^^'
also knowing her obsession with being childlike it might cause her added unreasonable disgust towards periods and a motivation to lose it...

Reactions: 7
her expression lines too, the one on her forehead. she used to look so youthful
I've recently got really into skincare, and I get that it's not a priority for everyone, but I can only remember her mentioning in videos that she only uses concealer and eye cream...? She always outside, so needs to be wearing sunscreen, especially given her pale complexion - sun damage accounts for the majority of premature aging and skin issues.

There's also evidence to suggest that food is linked to skin health, and we all suspect that she isn't eating in a balanced and healthy way.

Reactions: 10
I've recently got really into skincare, and I get that it's not a priority for everyone, but I can only remember her mentioning in videos that she only uses concealer and eye cream...? She always outside, so needs to be wearing sunscreen, especially given her pale complexion - sun damage accounts for the majority of premature aging and skin issues.

There's also evidence to suggest that food is linked to skin health, and we all suspect that she isn't eating in a balanced and healthy way.
I think she’s mentioned before that she uses some sort of a face cream with spf. (If she didn’t, she might get real freckles...)

No way is she getting enough fats, vitamin A and other nutrients to keep her skin in good shape.

Reactions: 1
I think she’s mentioned before that she uses some sort of a face cream with spf. (If she didn’t, she might get real freckles...)

No way is she getting enough fats, vitamin A and other nutrients to keep her skin in good shape.
A lot of face creams with added SPF aren't heavy duty enough to give the advertised SPF (you'd need to use a tablespoon of the stuff to get the required factor). But I guess children don't worry about stuff like skincare, so she probably feels justified doing very little?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.