Ruby Granger #6 Holes in tights and Victorian delights!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i can't even...her face looks older, she definitely lost a lot of weight because it stands out a lot (even her face got slimmer - and older) and she just tries to show her collarbones so much...jesus ruby, stop please

Reactions: 23
When I had a world book day in primary school someone came dressed as Katie Price...
The theme was dress as your favourite author, and for context we were 10

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Thread title suggestion:
Ruby Granger #7: Multitasking whilst touting ”slow living”, charity money’s for taking not giving!

Reactions: 17
Thread title suggestion:
Ruby Granger #7: Fast cash-grabbing, slow living, Miss Patina keeps giving!

Reactions: 24
Thread title suggestion:
Ruby Granger #7: Slow multitasker, freezing sunshine basker, she's a genius - just ask 'er!

Reactions: 10
When I had a world book day in primary school someone came dressed as Katie Price...
The theme was dress as your favourite author, and for context we were 10
OMG.

My favourite WBD memory from recent years is when Myleene Klass dressed both her daughters up as herself because she’s written a book 🤣 the ego has landed!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She is so 100% aware that she's lost weight and is showing it off.
Right on track to become the next Holly G.

Reactions: 29
Tread title suggestion:
Ruby Granger #7: I don't act my age and don't know anyone who makes minimum wage, but I will read you this random page.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Thread title suggestion:

Ruby Granger #7: thinks she’s 14 and is that ANOTHER morning routine??!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
never thought i would be saying this as a twenty something, but even I GOT TRIGGERED by her blatant thinspo poses and popping her collarbone!!!!!!!! duck!!!!! imagine being thirteen and feeling triggered by ruby’s proud body checking and not knowing how to help yourself. ruby knows EXACTLY what she’s doing with her performative, meticulously researched live action eating disorder roleplay. she wants to look like an overworked frail young thing because she thinks that’s romantic, and it doesn’t matter to her who she damages in her very young and impressionable audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Thread title suggestion: Ruby Granger #7: Fake Smiles and Facsimiles (it rhymes if you pronounce it her way!)

• Haha
Reactions: 41
never thought i would be saying this as a twenty something, but even I GOT TRIGGERED by her blatant thinspo poses and popping her collarbone!!!!!!!! duck!!!!! imagine being thirteen and feeling triggered by ruby’s proud body checking and not knowing how to help yourself. ruby knows EXACTLY what she’s doing with her performative, meticulously researched live action eating disorder roleplay. she wants to look like an overworked frail young thing because she thinks that’s romantic, and it doesn’t matter to her who she damages in her very young and impressionable audience.
I suddenly remembered what her behaviour reminds me of: Munchausen's syndrome (i.e. 'a psychological disorder where someone pretends to be ill or deliberately produces symptoms of illness in themselves' - from the NHS website). I don't know whether play-acting an ED counts, but it feels like it should. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like her blatant ED-related behaviours make it less likely that it's real, as I always thought people with EDs want to conceal it as much as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I feel like her blatant ED-related behaviours make it less likely that it's real, as I always thought people with EDs want to conceal it as much as possible.
i wish i could make a banner with this on and flap it aggressively at the top of the thread. if ruby hadn’t been caught adding anorexia and starvation in history memoirs to her goodreads i might feel differently, but i’m pretty sure she likes the anorexia “aesthetic” which IN ITSELF makes me want to direct her to the nearest therapist in her area, ASAP, because it’s really, really fucked up to force yourself into anorexia because you think being tired and frail and skinny makes you look like a better, more hardworking student.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
i wish i could make a banner with this on and flap it aggressively at the top of the thread. if ruby hadn’t been caught adding anorexia and starvation in history memoirs to her goodreads i might feel differently, but i’m pretty sure she likes the anorexia “aesthetic” which IN ITSELF makes me want to direct her to the nearest therapist in her area, ASAP, because it’s really, really fucked up to force yourself into anorexia because you think being tired and frail and skinny makes you look like a better, more hardworking student.
My expertise is definitely not big enough and I don't want to contradict you, but I actually think that EDs are complex and can look vastly different. So I have seen people with EDs hiding and justifying their behaviour (like Holly) in clinical settings, but I also saw especially young girls whose ED was one facet of a complex mental health situation and a more open cry for help in to their dysfunctional families. For those girls their EDs could have a very performative character and were interwoven with other primary conditions, but they were there and could sometimes eventually develop a primary dynamic for themselves. Just wanted add this observation here. For me the performative character of her ED-symptoms are off-putting as well, but everything about her is performative, so I'm tempted to "take her ED seriously" as a broader sign of a cry for help and attention.

PS.: Okay, a little dramatic. I don't actually care that much about her. :D But just wanted to add my thoughts, I respect all of your opinions as well. :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I am reading the book for her book club, Five. It's about the women Jack the Ripper murdered.
It is very eye-opening, thanks to the person who recommended it a couple threads back.
I cant see her enjoying this at all though. Too much reality and unfiltered truth.

Reactions: 5
My expertise is definitely not big enough and I don't want to contradict you, but I actually think that EDs are complex and can look vastly different. So I have seen people with EDs hiding and justifying their behaviour (like Holly) in clinical settings, but I also saw especially young girls whose ED was one facet of a complex mental health situation and a more open cry for help in to their dysfunctional families. For those girls their EDs could have a very performative character and were interwoven with other primary conditions, but they were there and could sometimes eventually develop a primary dynamic for themselves. Just wanted add this observation here. For me the performative character of her ED-symptoms are off-putting as well, but everything about her is performative, so I'm tempted to "take her ED seriously" as a broader sign of a cry for help and attention.

PS.: Okay, a little dramatic. I don't actually care that much about her. :D But just wanted to add my thoughts, I respect all of your opinions as well. :)
The thing is if Ruby really was suffering I think her family would do something about it. I mean she spends all day with them, surely her mother would have noticed her behaviour if it truly was concerning. She's been to therapy before as well so it's not like she's got the sort of family where her problems get ignored.

Reactions: 14
The thing is if Ruby really was suffering I think her family would do something about it. I mean she spends all day with them, surely her mother would have noticed her behaviour if it truly was concerning. She's been to therapy before as well so it's not like she's got the sort of family where her problems get ignored.
I agree, her family (especially her mother) seems much closer and focused on her children compared to other families we encounter online (cough Holly cough), but after what Ruby described how she encountered her previous therapy and after those multiple red flags in Ruby's behaviour that seem to get ignored or even supported (her child-play, refusing to grow up, unhealthy attitude to academia etc.), I wouldn't make her parents noticing (or us being aware of it) a condition for her true suffering / serious problems. Also, we only see a curated version of their interaction. Even if their was concern, Ruby wouldn't post about it (why would she). So again, I would argument that family dynamics especially if mental health struggles are involved are complex and hard to judge based on a curated online presence.

I also sometimes wonder if the attention she is seeking is primarily from her audience, not her family, which - to be fair - seems quite functional. And although I feel like she is rationally exploiting certain aspects of her platform (the Holocaust foundation Debakel), I sometimes feel like there is something pathological about the way and the kind of attention she seeks from her young platform.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.