Ruby Granger #6 Holes in tights and Victorian delights!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she does have an eating disorder, they can be very well hidden even if they are very close to their families and friends.

Ruby’s thin(ner) but she’s not emiciated or anywhere needing hospital intervention, so I think her family assumes that there’s nothing really going on. I hope when lockdown eases and she goes back to her therapist and discusses this with her and nip it in the bud before it gets worse.

Reactions: 12
It could be that she's simply exercising more whereas she barely exercised previously, and eating more than she shows us, and the changes in her size/shape and whatnot are a "natural" and healthy response to that (or, if she does have an ED, this is what her family assumes is happening). She said she was doing several hours of exercise over the summer, but it was more like exercise plus general physical activity that taken together didn't seem too over the top, right? As far as feeling the cold, she's said that for years, and as far as her collarbones, they seem to naturally stick out (she's just never really worn tops where we could see them before).

Or she could have an ED or disordered eating of course, and having been there (pre-professional ballet training, need I say more?), I really hope she doesn't.

That being said, I completely agree with everyone saying that her more recent videos display habits that look unhealthy, and having read about anorexia she should have the knowledge to recognize and remedy this because it could be very damaging to the younger viewers, or even older ones who are in recovery.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I am worried for her, more so because of the way she's posing to appear thinner or draw attention to areas such as her collarbones (which are naturally visible on a lot of people regardless of weight) because of the age of her audience. Most of them want to copy her study habits anyway, imagine if they want to copy her eating and exercise habits to look like her when she poses in these ways to show off her thinness. She may not show us everything online, but it is a little concerning what she's been posting anyway with the thin posing etc.
Fingers crossed her parents do step in if she needs help, but she's an adult now so theres a chance they wont and she may not accept the help anyway. After a bit of thinking from when I last spoke about this (maybe earlier this thread or the previous one, I forget how long ago) I think it's more of an attention thing and possibly even attempting to look like a child tbh. Regardless of what it is as the above poster has said she will hopefully talk about this with her therapist

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I won't post a screenshot here because I think the comparison could be quite triggering for anyone else struggling with EDs, but if you scroll back to October on Ruby's Instagram there's a picture of her wearing the same top from that story and her collarbones certainly look less pronounced there. It's hard to tell how much of that is down to posing vs actual weight loss considering she is REALLY trying to make those collarbones pop in the recent images, but even if she hasn't lost much weight and is still deliberately posing to make them that much more prominent that's still concerning.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
tbh i don’t think she has an ED, in my opinion she’s lost a bit of weight and seems to like the way she looks now (which is why she shows it off). i’m more worried about the message that sends to her young, easily influenced audience. but that also goes for her study habits, her refusal to act like a grown up, her disdain for all things girly...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Since it is obvious that she reads here, surely she is mortified that the majority of posts on here are calling out her triggering thinspo posts for what they are. If she is deliberating showing performative ED habits because she wants attention and wants people to be concerned for her, then reading here suuuuuurely must make her feel embarassed? I know I'd feel SO embarrassed that people could see through my attention seeking ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ruby: titles video 'paper not laptop for once'

Also Ruby: spends at least half the video on her laptop

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Since it is obvious that she reads here, surely she is mortified that the majority of posts on here are calling out her triggering thinspo posts for what they are. If she is deliberating showing performative ED habits because she wants attention and wants people to be concerned for her, then reading here suuuuuurely must make her feel embarassed? I know I'd feel SO embarrassed that people could see through my attention seeking ways.
I’d like to think so too, but I also think she figures as long as it’s getting her views and making her money, who gives a crap.

i should hope she’s mortified. if she wanted someone to notice what she’s up to, we’ve noticed. i want her to get help for her eating issues before they get any worse and she’s trapped by them. take this as a sign!

Reactions: 2
Fingers crossed her parents do step in if she needs help, but she's an adult now so theres a chance they wont and she may not accept the help anyway. After a bit of thinking from when I last spoke about this (maybe earlier this thread or the previous one, I forget how long ago) I think it's more of an attention thing and possibly even attempting to look like a child tbh. Regardless of what it is as the above poster has said she will hopefully talk about this with her therapist
I also hope that her parents step in and that she gets therapy. I can’t help but feel that some of this stems from her not wanting to grow up, and being ‘unwell’ is a good way to carry on being looked after at home and avoid some of the expectations that come along with graduating from uni. It does seem odd to me that she’s so blatantly advertising some of these behaviours but I guess there is that whole part of the internet that glamorises and celebrates disordered eating and associates it with productivity and success. It’s incredibly unhealthy though - it worries me too that there seems to be a bit of a love-in between Ruby and Holly at the moment. Holly is absolutely not a positive influence, despite her academic success, and Ruby really needs to realise that.

Reactions: 3
Has there been any updates on Erimentha parkers to do list? I've been loving the chapter summaries on here and have been anxiously waiting to see what happens and what our favourite character has been up to!

Reactions: 25
Wtf is wrong with her? For someone so obsessed with being ‘aesthetic’ I don’t understand why she constantly films with literal filth in the background of all her videos
what gets me more is the fact that that is her family home... her mum and dad’s house ... as in 2 very experienced adults, and that’s the state of their sink. I’d obviously be just as grossed out if it was Ruby’s own home where she lives by herself, but it’s more shocking that it’s a home where 2 mature adults live... you’d expect older adults who own a house and have children to be a bit cleaner than that! I understand that not everyone has the time to clean their house and make it spotless at all times but come on.. especially if you’re going to have it in the background of a video!

Reactions: 8
what gets me more is the fact that that is her family home... her mum and dad’s house ... as in 2 very experienced adults, and that’s the state of their sink. I’d obviously be just as grossed out if it was Ruby’s own home where she lives by herself, but it’s more shocking that it’s a home where 2 mature adults live... you’d expect older adults who own a house and have children to be a bit cleaner than that! I understand that not everyone has the time to clean their house and make it spotless at all times but come on.. especially if you’re going to have it in the background of a video!
Exactly lmao, I’m at uni 10am-8pm all week and my boyfriend is working all day as well, and we still manage to keep our home cleaner than that. I understand if the dad is out all day working, but I just don’t get what the mum does all day if she doesn’t have a job and why tf Ruby doesn’t help out with cleaning either? So odd

Reactions: 9
Ruby: titles video 'paper not laptop for once'

Also Ruby: spends at least half the video on her laptop
didn't she also say that writing in paper is better for her learning yet she's always on her laptop?

• Haha
somewhat OT but has anyone else caught onto how often Ruby drinks green tea? and that green tea can suppress your appetite/help you lose weight? I'm worried about her. as other people here have said, I really hope she continues to go to therapy when possible :/
(sorry if this has already been mentioned!)

Reactions: 4
somewhat OT but has anyone else caught onto how often Ruby drinks green tea? and that green tea can suppress your appetite/help you lose weight? I'm worried about her. as other people here have said, I really hope she continues to go to therapy when possible :/
(sorry if this has already been mentioned!)
It does seem like a lot, doesn't it? The evidence looking into green tea (that I've read about at least) says it doesn't have any significant effect on appetite or weight loss (though can have health benefits), so I'm not really worried about whether drinking it a lot would hurt her physically. But there is that common belief that it helps with weight loss so if she thinks that and that's why she's drinking it that is worrying, like you said!! I hope she continues with therapy too if she needs it :(

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I'm a brownie leader and on our last Zoom meeting one of our kids said they were dressing up as Harley Quinn- I suppose that that's technically a book since it's a comic book but likely she's just seen the film and thought it was cool
I would be really concerned if one of my brownies had seen the Harley Quin movie- pretty violent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.