Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

3calico3

VIP Member
Her latest IG story: *writes an essay which goes 3000 words over the limit* "This is what you get when you just keep writing and don't look at the word count! LOL! tYpIcAL mE!"

Uh no, Ruby, it's called bad planning and wasting your time. You now have to spend goodness knows how long cutting the thing down - and every time you do that you risk losing the points you're making. Conciseness is a skill that you desperately need to develop.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78

Scapier88

VIP Member
Can someone let me know when we've moved on from renting vs buying and are back to talking about Ruby

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

fallenlvs

Thread title suggestion:

Ruby Granger #7: thinks she’s 14 and is that ANOTHER morning routine??!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

nissigossips

And not to forget the cottage she bought a while ago and never mentioned again.
Yes, when people jump to defend Ruby with stuff like "oh she doesnt know what shes doing, shes just naive and innocent" I just want to scream at them to stop treating her like a child when she is a landlord!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Okay. That's it. Ruby, you win. I have given so many benefits of the doubt over the years but this HAS to be satire. My brain literally refuses to comprehend that this video could have been made with any degree of seriousness in it. Lord alive. Ruby Granger has just become the greatest internet troll of all time in my book. She's clowning money off of young impressionable viewers while kicking back with weed after filming and laughing all the way to the bank after uploading slop like this. This headcanon is the only way my brain can possibly begin to understand what I just watched.

• Haha
Reactions: 57

mganbaker

everyone who is anti landlord is serving me such amazing communist vibes tonight i love you all stan karl marx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

buflesse

Chatty Member
Honestly, just because *some* people have had bad experiences with landlords doesn’t mean that all landlords are awful people, so it makes me a bit disappointed that people are ready to make such sweeping generalisations about anyone that rents out property. I know plenty of absolutely lovely people who rent out property and even my own parents have done so with absolutely no problems on the renters’ end. A property is an investment and it makes sense to invest in a house. Now, it would be stupid to let that house sit empty and not rent it out - so most people put it out for renting. It makes sense. Ruby clearly was able to invest in property at a young age and it makes sense that she would rent it out. Not everyone rich who buys property is a horrible person. Now, concerning the thing with her tenants: I’m not sure if she said this in the video as it’s not up anymore - but usually tenants would be told when they were expected to move out, either in their contract or informally by the landlord. A lot of people have bad experiences with dodgy and flaky landlords but generally, I would expect someone like ruby to be the type who goes about things professionally and informs the tenant when she expects to move in herself. Moreover I don’t *think* the tenants had moved in by the time she filmed the video.
I nitpick on some of Ruby’s actions but I think it’s wrong to make generalisations and assumptions like that when I personally don’t think that’s how she would go about it at all.
Ngl I'm not surprised that your parents are landlords

It is very difficult for someone to fully understand where frustrated tenants are coming from/just how messed up the rental system is in the UK if they are essentially part of the problem (no matter how lovely they are as individuals)

imo no one should profit off something as basic as housing if they've already got a home of their own - and unless your parents charged very low rent they were most likely part of a system that makes it very difficult for renters to be in the position to buy their own home. Also many 'satisfied' tenants just don't complain bc they're scared of being evicted or bc it's more trouble than it's worth

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Scapier88

VIP Member
Martha is on Instagram live saying Ruby throws temper tantrums and puts a act on
And wants to do a exposing Ruby video

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I have porridge, wich reminds me of when Oliver Twist had gruel! And I wear pyjamas just maybe they might have done like in Malory Towers! And I go for walks just like Anne of Green Gables! And I drink tea just like Alice in Wonderland! And I read books just like Hermione! And I put on winter clothes just like Mary Lennox does! And I breathe oxgen just like Scout Finch!

Trying to shoehorn a different book into every activity with no coherence whatsoever doesn't make you more of a bookworm. We all do these things! (Without the need to mention a book for every daily activity we do to prove how many children't books we've read.)
Well, I went to the toilet earlier, just like my favourite character must have done at some point... Makes me feel so literary.

The whole thing was painful to watch but ugh but when she started reciting quotes from Anne of Green Gables with a prissy Book 1 Hermione Granger voice! Though maybe I should be grateful she isn't trying to put on a Canadian accent.
When she said "Please sir, I want some more" to the camera I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

buflesse

Chatty Member
-Ruby is still pretending that the holocaust memorial ad controversy wasn't a thing and has now stopped mentioning the hastily put together 'plan' to fund a memorial in an 'underfunded state school'

-her house continues to be filthy and she continues to wander round in thin summer dresses and white ballet tights, twirling in the garden etc

-she has become obsessed with surface level Victorian roleplay. Also being a scullery maid is apparently aesthetic

-her book insights are shallow and she also apparently doesn't think it's worth reading books by living authors. She supposedly reads enormous amounts but will count a 7 page short story as a book

-Martha has gone back to uni, presumably to escape the neo Victorian hellscape

• Haha
Reactions: 51

nissigossips

Honestly, just because *some* people have had bad experiences with landlords doesn’t mean that all landlords are awful people, so it makes me a bit disappointed that people are ready to make such sweeping generalisations about anyone that rents out property.
"Investing in property" is a gross concept. I don't care how 'lovely' you think the landlord is. With very few exceptions (situations where people are moving about e.g. university students living in a city temporarily) nobody should be forced to rent. People buying up multiple houses as "investments" and then charging more than their mortgage as rent is disgusting and directly contributing to this situation we're in where people are stuck renting because they can't get a mortgage because they can't save a deposit because all their money is going on rent even though mortgage payments would be less than their rent.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Scapier88

VIP Member
I think lockdown has got to alot of people on here today I think we all need a big glass of ethinol and walk round the field

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49