Ruby Granger #6 Holes in tights and Victorian delights!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 459393

What fresh hell is this?!?!?!
What is more striking to me is why is she changing EVERYDAY her outfit if she has no necessity of leaving her house.
She is using like 7 different outfits per week, which is a lot of work: washing, ironing... (that implies a lot of water waste, vegan who?)

And also, it's february and she is constantly talking about how cold she is and how she needs to wear a blanket while studying. Sure a summer dress is the best option in your wardrobe?

Logic not found

• Heart
Reactions: 27
What is more striking to me is why is she changing EVERYDAY her outfit if she has no necessity of leaving her house.
She is using like 7 different outfits per week, which is a lot of work: washing, ironing... (that implies a lot of water waste, vegan who?)

And also, it's february and she is constantly talking about how cold she is and how she needs to wear a blanket while studying. Sure a summer dress is the best option in your wardrobe?

Logic not found
Clearly she's not the one doing the washing and the ironing lol

Why is she always doing awkward poses? Can't she pose like a normal person?

I'm not photogenic either but I don't post outfits of the day on Instagram. I don't even have an Instagram :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 13
i honestly feel like it must be absolutely exhausting to make every aspect of your day to day life “aesthetic”😥

Reactions: 7
wow her newest insta photo - one day she is cold and wearing 4 layers of jumpers, now she's half-naked having picnic...Ruby grow up and stop doing things for just 'aesthetic' purposes

Reactions: 12
Had to google what ergo actually means bc dumb and I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone use it (definitely not in an insta caption anyway). Google tells me it’s Latin and not native English, is it normal to mix Latin words into English sentences?

Reactions: 7
Had to google what ergo actually means bc dumb and I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone use it (definitely not in an insta caption anyway). Google tells me it’s Latin and not native English, is it normal to mix Latin words into English sentences?
It's definitely normal - 'ergo' is one of those Latin words that's made it into the English language as a common enough word. It's kind of like saying 'carpe diem', it's not something you would say everyday but I think most people would understand what you meant if you used it correctly.

Reactions: 17
'Ergo' means 'therefore' in Latin. There are Latin phrases that use it that are sometimes used in English. Sometimes people will use 'ergo' instead of 'therefore' in the English language but it's not a regular thing - I think in her case it is just pretentious.

Reactions: 15
I think ergo is pretty normal in a more academic/intellectual discussion, when you’re explaining the link between two logical arguments. definitely not to be used as a substitute for “so” in an instagram caption, unless you want people to think you’re extremely pretentious and don’t know how to adapt language registers to the context

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The whole point of "slow living" is to be in the moment and mindful of whatever you're doing.

The opposite of that would be to do two things at once.
For example reading while brushing your teeth. And eating while reading.

Does she... does she think slow living just means doing things slowly?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
i know this has already been spoken about, so i’m sorry for this being OT but i still think Ruby is autistic. i’m aware everyone with autism experiences it differently, but particularly in my own experience with being autistic i sometimes find myself having fixations on certain things and it will sometimes influence the things i wear, how i act etc

(i’m not trying to diagnose her as i’m obviously not a professional by any means, i’m just speaking from my own experience as it would make sense with how one week she’s obsessed with dark academia and now it seems to be the Victorians and slow living)

sorry for my bad English and the long post :)

Reactions: 11
I wonder how aware she is how her social media "career" is going to affect her future jobs. I recently deleted all my social media accounts (except for a formal Twitter account) because any slightly political statement can be taken the wrong way. Even if Ruby's business is successful, if I had the option to choose between any 20 something year old mature and independent woman and Ruby I wouldn't hire her. Maybe there is a niche industry where her public image is not going to inhibit her opportunities, but to be honest every single video she posts is going to haunt her for a long, long time. I hope she one days shares her thoughts about this, because I am afraid she will hit a wall once she is out off university. She claims to love reading and studying, but her captions and her thoughts on the books she reads tell something completely different. As a company owner I would be hesitant to hire someone who is so contradicting in her public image. Sorry for the long reply 😅

Reactions: 13
I wonder how aware she is how her social media "career" is going to affect her future jobs. I recently deleted all my social media accounts (except for a formal Twitter account) because any slightly political statement can be taken the wrong way. Even if Ruby's business is successful, if I had the option to choose between any 20 something year old mature and independent woman and Ruby I wouldn't hire her. Maybe there is a niche industry where her public image is not going to inhibit her opportunities, but to be honest every single video she posts is going to haunt her for a long, long time. I hope she one days shares her thoughts about this, because I am afraid she will hit a wall once she is out off university. She claims to love reading and studying, but her captions and her thoughts on the books she reads tell something completely different. As a company owner I would be hesitant to hire someone who is so contradicting in her public image. Sorry for the long reply 😅
I think she said a couple of times she would like to have her own publishing house or something like that... In which case she wouldn't have a boss and she could do whatever she wanted. Even if it was not very profitable or successful, it wouldn't matter, as she is clearly very well off and wouldn't depend on it being a profitable business. And she could continue doing whatever she is she's doing now I guess. She could publish all her own books as well and feel very successful!

Reactions: 2
I think she said a couple of times she would like to have her own publishing house or something like that... In which case she wouldn't have a boss and she could do whatever she wanted. Even if it was not very profitable or successful, it wouldn't matter, as she is clearly very well off and wouldn't depend on it being a profitable business. And she could continue doing whatever she is she's doing now I guess. She could publish all her own books as well and feel very successful!
Starting your own publishing house is definitely not an easy road, the market is saturated. She is not going to be making a lot of money down that path. Youtube is not going to be around for a long time, it has been losing people to newer apps for a couple of years now. I don't know anyone who is still actively present on there but for watching a few youtubers. I hope she doesn't end up being one of those people living off their parents money, because she has a very privileged position to become successful. I hope her current content is reflective of a period where she is just figuring out what she wants in life and we soon see her mature a bit.

Reactions: 5
Why oh why is she having a picnic outside, with no sleeves or substantial layers, in 10 degree weather? Yes, it's sunny in the south today, but let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Reactions: 6
Anyone else feel like she is just trying so hard to be Holly Gabrielle?
Oh yeah, that yoga thing in her most recent video seemed to come out of nowhere, so I definitely see her wanting to emulate Holly.

Reactions: 4
Why oh why is she having a picnic outside, with no sleeves or substantial layers, in 10 degree weather? Yes, it's sunny in the south today, but let's not get ahead of ourselves...
And then she wears four freaking layers to go on a morning walk. It's amazing how clueless she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.