Ruby Granger #6 Holes in tights and Victorian delights!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, did anyone else notice when she was getting ready for her walk that she had huge bruises all over her legs?
i noticed this too! almost felt like that whole shot was only included to show off the bruises imo

Reactions: 6
Who drinks a glass of water, then another huge freezing glass of water and then tea all in the span of probably 20 minutes? She's trying so hard with the ED habits.
Yeah I thought all of the ice cold water was very odd. Ice cold water first thing is so bad for your digestive system too, no wonder she needs the Bran Flakes!

Reactions: 2
I decided to join her zoom call this evening just to see what it was like, I was genuinely shocked at how inarticulate she is. She made very few points and when she did she was like scrambling round for words and rambling on, but not really saying anything, it just seemed like she hadn’t even read the books.
The call went smoothly enough, but Ruby doesn’t seem to have much control over it, there were people with their mics on shuffling around and making loads of background noise, and also a couple of really irritating individuals who kept just butting in when others were speaking, and then talking shite for like 10 minutes at a time... she needs to try and manage it better lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I’ve not watched the video (dunno if I can be bothered) but some people bruise easily regardless of health so I wouldn’t be too worried about Ruby. It is likely she just wanted to show them off for attention though, a lot of her behaviour recently has been attention seeking

Reactions: 19
I decided to join her zoom call this evening just to see what it was like, I was genuinely shocked at how inarticulate she is. She made very few points and when she did she was like scrambling round for words and rambling on, but not really saying anything, it just seemed like she hadn’t even read the books.
The call went smoothly enough, but Ruby doesn’t seem to have much control over it, there were people with their mics on shuffling around and making loads of background noise, and also a couple of really irritating individuals who kept just butting in when others were speaking, and then talking shite for like 10 minutes at a time... she needs to try and manage it better lol
In her video, the latest one, the Murakami book looked like it hadn't even been opened.
I only joined the first ever zoom call. She couldn't even answer what her favorite non fiction book was, said she was "put on the spot".

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Me looking for my will to live if I have to watch any more videos of her twirling in a barren field
Screenshot_20210227-202049_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 52
“Really irritating individuals”. Lol, the blonde girl? 👀

I don’t think it’s a bad thing that she let the convo flow without her but she might want to think about encouraging ppl to put their hands up so it’s not just the same person talking the whole time

• Haha
Reactions: 8
just watched the video and i couldn't help but noticing a few things:

- first of all, i used to get bruises sooo easily, i don't think it has to be concerning but its weird that she put so much effort into showing them.
- i actually love drinking some icy water in the morning as it helps me wake up, but it's for sure ot the first thing i do when i wake up and i could never get myself to drinking that much
- she did barely any shots showing her face, it was only her body a lot of the time. to me her face looks somewhat more mature/less childlike, maybe she doesn't like this.
- of course, she had to mention that she's wearing her old coat from school. i mean, if it still fits that's okay, but nobody really cares. it just screams "look, i haven't grown up ever since. i'm still a little hermione-in-the-first-two-books girl and definitely not a bleeping grown up woman who'd actually have, like, responsibilities" to me
- again, she makes herself so much about this reading thing. "it's me, of course i'm reading", "you guessed it, i'm reading again"... i mean, there's foLks who actually do that, but do you have to make your whole personality about it? might be a lack of any other personality traits like, the fewer you have, the more you have to stick to these few. maybe someone should make her leave her comfort zone

but if y'all are wondering, it's pretty clear where all this comes from: just have a look at he comments section:
"i wish i could read as much as ruby"
"whoa, she's drinking so much water"
"if only i could still fit into my old clothes"
"ruby is so grateful for life, you can just see it everytime she's bleeping frolicking in her huge garden"

so people like these things apparently, that's why she's so focused on doing them. they just make her feel so ✨perfect✨

the butt in the air is just an invitation for every creep imo

Reactions: 26
“Really irritating individuals”. Lol, the blonde girl? 👀

I don’t think it’s a bad thing that she let the convo flow without her but she might want to think about encouraging ppl to put their hands up so it’s not just the same person talking the whole time
You know it 🤣 yes I agree, the flow was good for most of what I watched, it was just certain points where I was like hmm someone needs to step in and just shut a couple of these people up because they’re dominating and others just couldn’t get a word in

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’ve not watched the video (dunno if I can be bothered) but some people bruise easily regardless of health so I wouldn’t be too worried about Ruby. It is likely she just wanted to show them off for attention though, a lot of her behaviour recently has been attention seeking
haha me. its ridiculas how easy i bruise. as i write this my both my legs are covered in bruises from bumping into things at work.

Reactions: 1
She only has “so much to do” because she does it TO HERSELF, why is she complaining about the work she sets out for herself?

How many videos have we seen her literally just ‘researching’ random stuff, adding meaningless tasks to her do lists?
She needs to fill up her day with pointless tit otherwise she’d just be lying around and god forbid she does that eh!

She can only do all this extra stuff because she has the luxury of not having responsibilities [like a job] except maybe posting a letter by hopping through the forest🙄

Reactions: 14
To me her ‘eating disorder like’ behaviour is a cry for help. I was exactly the same as a teenager; I desperately wanted to have someone notice something was wrong so that I could get help, because I had no idea how to get help for what was actually wrong. I thought that getting thin, and not eating, and exercising lots would have people notice me and try to help me. I truly hope she is ok and gets help for anything troubling her, as if this is the case, I’ve been there, and it’s not fun 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
To me her ‘eating disorder like’ behaviour is a cry for help. I was exactly the same as a teenager; I desperately wanted to have someone notice something was wrong so that I could get help, because I had no idea how to get help for what was actually wrong. I thought that getting thin, and not eating, and exercising lots would have people notice me and try to help me. I truly hope she is ok and gets help for anything troubling her, as if this is the case, I’ve been there, and it’s not fun 😞
agree with that, but dont forget Ruby is not a teenager anymore, she is a grown woman and she did have a therapy in the past..to me it's more about aesthetic and looking child-like

• Heart
I get what you’re saying. I agree she needs to get help for her issues. The thing is... she’s been in therapy before, she’s well off and has access to it, and from having read a number of books specifically on anorexia she must know not only ”what to do” (which is all these behaviours that she’s displaying) but how destructive and counterproductive to succeeding in her life goals and studies a real eating disorder would be. In short, she has all the tools at her disposal, so the moment it gets too much, she can seek help easily.

She also knows she has thousands of young people watching her channel and copying everything she does because she makes it look so ~aesthetic~ and desirable. And I would venture to say that not nearly all of these young people have the type of access to help that she has. Either mental health care is not as readily available or affordable for them, or they lack the support network that Ruby has (being surrounded by family and having close relationships with both her parents). She completely fails to recognize this, and that’s my problem with her behaviour. She’s projecting ED to an audience that’s going to copy her, not help her. If she had two brain cells to rub together, she would realize this and get help, and either address it or leave the ED tips and tricks out of the content she puts out.

She’s not a child. She’s responsible for her own mental well-being. I think she may still be at that late-teenage stage mentally where one doesn’t quite realize that ”cries for help” work less of the time the older you get, because you’re an adult and you’re expected to do something about your problems instead of just waiting passively for someone to notice. But she needs to grow up. If she was a private person just doing her thing, I would shrug my shoulders (not my circus, not my monkeys), but she’s an influencer with a considerable platform and a lot of her fans are children.

Reactions: 27
She only has “so much to do” because she does it TO HERSELF, why is she complaining about the work she sets out for herself?

How many videos have we seen her literally just ‘researching’ random stuff, adding meaningless tasks to her do lists?
She needs to fill up her day with pointless tit otherwise she’d just be lying around and god forbid she does that eh!

She can only do all this extra stuff because she has the luxury of not having responsibilities [like a job] except maybe posting a letter by hopping through the forest🙄
She calls it research, I call it a wiki-walk lol

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I get what you’re saying. I agree she needs to get help for her issues. The thing is... she’s been in therapy before, she’s well off and has access to it, and from having read a number of books specifically on anorexia she must know not only ”what to do” (which is all these behaviours that she’s displaying) but how destructive and counterproductive to succeeding in her life goals and studies a real eating disorder would be. In short, she has all the tools at her disposal, so the moment it gets too much, she can seek help easily.

She also knows she has thousands of young people watching her channel and copying everything she does because she makes it look so ~aesthetic~ and desirable. And I would venture to say that not nearly all of these young people have the type of access to help that she has. Either mental health care is not as readily available or affordable for them, or they lack the support network that Ruby has (being surrounded by family and having close relationships with both her parents). She completely fails to recognize this, and that’s my problem with her behaviour. She’s projecting ED to an audience that’s going to copy her, not help her. If she had two brain cells to rub together, she would realize this and get help, and either address it or leave the ED tips and tricks out of the content she puts out.

She’s not a child. She’s responsible for her own mental well-being. I think she may still be at that late-teenage stage mentally where one doesn’t quite realize that ”cries for help” work less of the time the older you get, because you’re an adult and you’re expected to do something about your problems instead of just waiting passively for someone to notice. But she needs to grow up. If she was a private person just doing her thing, I would shrug my shoulders (not my circus, not my monkeys), but she’s an influencer with a considerable platform and a lot of her fans are children.
Exactly. It's so irresponsible to seek help by constantly portraying symptoms of EDs to your young, impressionable audience who looks up to you and wants to be like you. She's an adult, she has the means to seek therapy, and she has a family that can help her. Her videos are not the appropriate place to broadcast cries for help. What does she expect, that her army of 12-year-olds will catch on and pity her and be able to help her in some way?

She doesn't seem to understand that her bad example can really end up harming her fans, who are all young and in that exact life stage where you're more at risk of developing eating disorders, and haven't really mastered critical thinking yet. To them, Ruby is a role model. They want to be like her, act like her, dress like her and live like her, because it's aesthetic and it looks nice. She needs to realise this (not that it's easy to miss, considering the hundreds of comments she receives daily treating her like their lord and saviour) and get her act together.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.