Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another child's outfit! She really has no idea how to dress appropriately for her age - white tights are NOT an adult thing. Her style was much better at university. It's all part of this strange role play nonsense....She seems to be refusing to grow up.
It’s giving me village fete vibezzz

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Another child's outfit! She really has no idea how to dress appropriately for her age. Her style was much better at university. It's all part of this strange role play nonsense....She seems to be refusing to grow up.
I don’t think this would look so childish to be fair if she was either in black or no tights and wore some jewellery. A nice necklace or big earrings would make her instantly look older, but that’s not what she’s going for, so...

Reactions: 7
Another child's outfit! She really has no idea how to dress appropriately for her age - white tights are NOT an adult thing. Her style was much better at university. It's all part of this strange role play nonsense....She seems to be refusing to grow up.
The thing that bugs me most about the outfit is that it's so unseasonal. It's in the minus figures in Southern England at the moment, and she's always complaining about how cold she is. Throw on a thick jumper and jeans Ruby!

Reactions: 20
It is the childlike posing and grinning that annoys me most about this story.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That outfit is almost exactly what I wore for my First Communion when I was 9 lol

• Haha
Reactions: 28
i always think i’m so cool with people having their own style and making different fashion choices until i am faced with ruby’s outfits

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Ruby somehow manages to dress like a toddler and a granny at the same time. Don't know how she manages it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
The thing that bugs me most about the outfit is that it's so unseasonal. It's in the minus figures in Southern England at the moment, and she's always complaining about how cold she is. Throw on a thick jumper and jeans Ruby!
Yes, I always think this! Then in summer she wears her thick coats and tights, make it make sense.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I was scrolling through her insta posts because I felt like some of the outfits she was wearing were things she wore when she started youtube. But then I came across this post. "Who else likes brushing thier teeth?" Lmfao
Screenshot_20210210-141100_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I was scrolling through her insta posts because I felt like some of the outfits she was wearing were things she wore when she started youtube. But then I came across this post. "Who else likes brushing thier teeth?" LmfaoView attachment 428739
I think that was part of her Hermione Granger phase - as Hermione’s parents are dentists Ruby seemed to make lots of references to toothbrushing and dental care, because ‘that’s how to be like Hermione’.

Reactions: 19
I was scrolling through her insta posts because I felt like some of the outfits she was wearing were things she wore when she started youtube. But then I came across this post. "Who else likes brushing thier teeth?" LmfaoView attachment 428739
tfw you just arrived on Earth and have to make relatable, age-appropriate Instagram content

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I agree, I just want to give her a big teddy fleece jumper or something.

Reactions: 6
I think that was part of her Hermione Granger phase - as Hermione’s parents are dentists Ruby seemed to make lots of references to toothbrushing and dental care, because ‘that’s how to be like Hermione’.
I may be showing my younger self's HP obsession here but I don't remember Hermione ever actually being into dental care as a trait. I remember her sending "healthy" sweets to Harry over the summer in the books because that was all her parents had but in the 4th(?) book she complained about her braces as her parents "didn't believe in magical dentistry" and later admitted getting Madam Pomfrey to shrink her teeth down and fix them magically instead after Malfoy hit her with a hex that made her teeth grow. I swear those were the only real references to Hermione and teeth (apart from her being described as having large front teeth) in the books. Just because your parents are like something doesn't you are - Ruby should just look at her sister for that lol. Maybe just shows yet another instance of Ruby interpreting the character of Hermione superficially?

Reactions: 19
i’m supposed to be studying and as i’m logging in and out of online textbooks, i cannot get this specific erimenthaism out of my head, where she refers to her eating porridge with water as her “shibboleth

................ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 24
i’m supposed to be studying and as i’m logging in and out of online textbooks, i cannot get this specific erimenthaism out of my head, where she refers to her eating porridge with water as her “shibboleth

................ffs
Moments like this remind me of being a kid who read a lot and was considered "gifted" and so would pronounce words like hyperbole as "hyper-bowl" because I had only ever seen it written. The difference is that I was 11 though, not 20. I still sometimes lie awake at night and get a sudden wave of cringe however.

Reactions: 18

................ffs
What's a shibboleth?
Edit: Wikipedia says it's like a tongue twister used to determine if someone is a foreigner or not. But is that what it means in this context? Does she mean it's like a peculiar British thing to eat porridge with water? I'm confused

Reactions: 8
What's a shibboleth?
Edit: Wikipedia says it's like a tongue twister used to determine if someone is a foreigner or not. But is that what it means in this context? Does she mean it's like a peculiar British thing to eat porridge with water? I'm confused
I think Ruby has used it here to mean an old-fashioned idea, custom or belief held by a person, but I think what she’s done is typed ‘idea’ and then used an online thesaurus, because it doesn‘t mean what she thinks it means, not in the way she’s used it.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.