Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can see Ruby being quite judgemental of others (though more so in her own head than saying it out loud), but I wouldn't say she'd be the nastiest person in a room or a bully. Bullying involves social power and she's too weird for that lol.

I could be wrong though ofc. She once said that she used to be a wild/rebellious child, does anyone remember that? I wonder what that was like.
I wonder what happened to make her go from a rebellious child to an ultra rule follower...

Reactions: 2
It’s her excessive use of the word, ‘productive’ that mainly drives me mad, like who does she need to prove she’s being productive to?
I think she said it was like, in the first couple years of elementary school she was a little naughty. So nothing serious.
She did a storytime a while back where she mentioned getting in a slight bit of trouble when she was a 3 year old in nursery, made it out like she'd murdered someone

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Just a quick OT note because I know someone asked earlier, a couple of old video of Ruby’s came up on my suggested (because I only subbed like a year ago when I found out about her) so I watched a couple, they’re from 2019, and she says her mum is an aromatherapist which fits with when she says in a later blog that her mum has a massage room to bring clients in their house, but she’s also said her mums been “at work” like out the house

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Does anyone else think she goes on about bullying A LOT for someone who I could definitely imagine being the nastiest person in a room? Like in everything she's ever written the main character, who is essentially her, is nasty to anyone with an IQ lower than Einstein's, ridicules people who are aware of their physical appearance, and shows off their privilege whilst claiming to be so oppressed. Ruby IRL does all those things and more and still claims to be the victim of bullying. I really think there's a chance she wasn't bullied at school but rather got treated poorly by her peers after she'd criticised them and ridiculed them for not being as Incredibly Smart And Clever And Perfect as Her Royal Rubyness. She definitely seems the type who could be bullied but only after bullying someone ya know? I think maybe her parents think so highly of her that if she was a bully they wouldn't have taken it seriously and would've helped make her the victim instead?
Yeah I really do think so. I don’t think Ruby is like this now, but I reckon she was at school and probably pissed a lot of people off with her superiority complex. End of the day, if you lord it over people and go out of your way to make them feel stupid, you’re going to face a backlash.

Reactions: 11
Twirling around the garden again... I live on a rough council estate in Manchester and if someone witnessed me twirling around the street I’d get stabbed. Never mind if I got about wearing a boater hat. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Twirling around the garden again... I live on a rough council estate in Manchester and if someone witnessed me twirling around the street I’d get stabbed. Never mind if I got about wearing a boater hat. 🤣
Also the fake look of wonder... well done Ruby it's your lawn, however are you going to contain your excitement!

One of these days I expect her to twirl around and the upward lift from her giant collar take her off into the sky, leaving a little trail of dust and dry vegan cookie crumbs in her wake

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Prancing around in a short sleeved summer dress in winter (yes it’s snowing) - wtf is wrong with her.
Seriously I am becoming convinced she must be somehow mentally disabled cause it’s extremely worrying.
456AA0B8-41F6-4BDF-95AE-933D4F44719E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Prancing around in a short sleeved summer dress in winter (yes it’s snowing) - wtf is wrong with her.
Seriously I am becoming convinced she must be somehow mentally disabled cause it’s extremely worrying.
View attachment 429915
Is she trying to get pneumonia so her interpretation of a Victorian scullery maid can be more faithful? Is this method acting?
Ruby, for the love of God, wear appropriate clothing for the season. You're going to get sick. Ditch the summer dresses and bundle up.
Why aren't her parents saying anything?

Reactions: 20
It's so frustrating that she seems to have such a basic understanding of Jane Eyre. The whole point is that Jane's reunion with Rochester IS a radical act, because she now has financial independence and self respect and has found a family (the Rivers). He has been 'punished' for his crimes by being blinded and essentially losing everything. Now they can unite as equals. Obviously the novel can be seen as problematic in light of modern theories of postcolonialism etc, but it's not as if Jane Eyre is meant to be a 'girl power' 21st century feminist Cinderella story. The ending very clearly fits with the novel as a whole.
Where does she talk about Jane Eyre? I studied it years ago at A-Level and it’s one of my favourite novels so interested to hear her perspective 🤨

The cringe is astronomical. That reel of her spinning and pretending to be awestruck...so narcissistic 🤢🤮 imagine her recording and then watching it over and thinking “yes...perfect...” 🥴

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Just been having a nosy at Claire's blog, apparently when she was six years old Marfa had her skipping rope confiscated by airport security and began to cry. Luckily Ruby, ever the hero of the tale (who I guess would have been nine at this point?) somehow got them to give the rope back by asking politely. According to this blog airport staff often wish that more passengers behaved like Ruby at security as she volunteers to be patted down or something? And then one time she just randomly sat down on the plane next to some random elderly Australian couple and talked to them for the whole flight...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Just been having a nosy at Claire's blog, apparently when she was six years old Marfa had her skipping rope confiscated by airport security and began to cry. Luckily Ruby, ever the hero of the tale (who I guess would have been nine at this point?) somehow got them to give the rope back by asking politely. According to this blog airport staff often wish that more passengers behaved like Ruby at security as she volunteers to be patted down or something? And then one time she just randomly sat down on the plane next to some random elderly Australian couple and talked to them for the whole flight...
She sounds like a bleeping fantasist

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.