Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to say I love the thread name (my memory is too bad for a recap lol).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Recap:

- is still oblivious to her privilege
- misinterpreted a quote from George Orwell’s 1984
- and then tried to fix it after people pointed out her mistake
- her book reviews don’t really say much about the books, very surface level
- said that Miss Patina is not fast fashion
- did a Victorian morning routine video as an upper class lady
- the most hilarious reviews of Erimentha Parker’s To Do List (fanfiction about herself?) by @Satisfying Click
- has not done her research on facts she has in her book (hasn’t proofread it either)
- uses words strangely or incorrectly (or both) to come off as more intelligent
- her book has shed insight on what she might have been like in (primary?) school (probably like Erimentha)
- strange/questionable? poses on her Insta for her Outfit of the Day stories
- doesn’t seem to have much awareness of anything outside of her little bubble
- continues to model herself on Hermione from the first two? Harry Potter books
- book club is still as disorganized as ever
- video editing skills could use some improvement
- often posts monologues of her reciting something
- runs around in the snow (or the fields, or wherever she can, honestly)
- wears short sleeves, linen pajamas, etc. in winter
- reads out in the cold because it’s aesthetic
- is obsessed with darkcottageautumnacademiawintercore or whatever aesthetic we’re on at this point
- has an absolute mess of a LinkedIn profile that includes stuff from wayyyyy back (and don’t forget the ever iconic Harry Potter Society)
- possibly still does paid ads for Exeter?
- speaking of ads, she did an ad about Holocaust Remembrance Day for profit
- and then proceeded to backtrack and try to “fix” everything (more like try to defend herself and her actions) after being called out on it
- returned a day later like nothing had happened, and rather than take accountability for it, just had to mention how she had to take a day off of Instagram because obviously this situation impacted her the most

(I might not have gotten everything, so please add anything I've missed!)
Edit: hopefully I tagged correctly this time

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I made a thread too woops! I'll copy the summary I made here :)

Noteable Events
Ruby accepted a paid #AD for Holocaust Memorial Day, received a lot of backlash and rushed to find an excuse. Initially decided the money was going to be 'reinvested' into a Holocaust charity and an anti bullying charity. A day later, put on her instagram story the money would actually go towards creating a few memorials in underfunded state schools. Had a day off social media and is now continuing to post as normal, feels she has addressed the issue enough

Erimentha Parker's To Do List
User @Satisfying Click has been reading Ruby's debut story, summaries of each chapter are linked below
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8b
Chapter 9
Chapter 11 (no chapter 10)

Other mentions
Is still frolicking around her garden
Did a Victorian morning routine as a Victorian Lady. Her mother pretended to be her servant
Her Dad tracks her on her walks

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I’m unreasonably excited about the thread title omg ❤

Nothing to add to the great summaries! The Erimentha recaps re giving me life atm.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
In short: she‘s showing her true colors more with each week. She‘s clearly not as innocent and/or naive as she wants us to think

Reactions: 42
I love her vintage style and I would wear the same but only to like big occasions such as a party or a big family gathering. Never just around the house or just a random walk. Also some of her outfits just don't look right to me. They all look like messy thrown on clothes.

I love her vintage style and I would wear the same but only to like big occasions such as a party or a big family gathering. Never just around the house or just a random walk. Also some of her outfits just don't look right to me. They all look like messy thrown on clothes.
I definitely feel like she avoids things that are even vaguely tight or revealing, because she does not want to show that she has the body of an adult woman underneath.

Erimentha Parker's To Do List
User @Satisfying Click has been reading Ruby's debut story, summaries of each chapter are linked below
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8b
Chapter 9
Chapter 11 (no chapter 10)
These reviews are incredible but not having read the book, I can't actually see any examples yet of Erimentha being bullied? I can see examples where she is bordering on bullying others (difficult to tell without reading the original text) but she doesn't seem to be a victim at any point. I'm not sure how many chapters are in the book but surely this should have been established by Chapter 10?

I definitely feel like she avoids things that are even vaguely tight or revealing, because she does not want to show that she has the body of an adult woman underneath.

These reviews are incredible but not having read the book, I can't actually see any examples yet of Erimentha being bullied? I can see examples where she is bordering on bullying others (difficult to tell without reading the original text) but she doesn't seem to be a victim at any point. I'm not sure how many chapters are in the book but surely this should have been established by Chapter 10?
Plot twist: Ruby's book is actually meant to be the story of a bully (Erimentha) that explains what goes on in her head and why she treats people like this. Kinda like Lolita where the story is told from the point of view of a bad person that you're not meant to identify with.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Plot twist: Ruby's book is actually meant to be the story of a bully (Erimentha) that explains what goes on in her head and why she treats people like this. Kinda like Lolita where the story is told from the point of view of a bad person that you're not meant to identify with.
Noo, that would make the characters more than one-dimensional!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She's not smart enough for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Has anyone watched her sister Marfa’s videos? There’s one where she pretends to be Ruby for a day and Ruby features - far less ‘polished’ than on her own channel. Plus Marfa and Ruby couldn’t be more polar opposite it’s almost funny. How Marfa lives with Ruby I have no idea

Reactions: 19
Has anyone pointed out that Ruby was originally trying to study English at Oxford which is exactly what Emma Watson did?

I also believe in some of her early videos she had a Kit Kittredge American Girl Doll which is the 1930s doll which appears to be the era she has based her current fashion choices on?

I don't think she knows who she is. She comes across as a surface-level amalgamation of the people and characters she likes despite the fact that they are no longer age appropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Has anyone pointed out that Ruby was originally trying to study English at Oxford which is exactly what Emma Watson did?

I also believe in some of her early videos she had a Kit Kittredge American Girl Doll which is the 1930s doll which appears to be the era she has based her current fashion choices on?

I don't think she knows who she is. She comes across as a surface-level amalgamation of the people and characters she likes despite the fact that they are no longer age appropriate.
Didn't Emma Watson go to Brown?

Reactions: 11
Has anyone watched her sister Marfa’s videos? There’s one where she pretends to be Ruby for a day and Ruby features - far less ‘polished’ than on her own channel. Plus Marfa and Ruby couldn’t be more polar opposite it’s almost funny. How Marfa lives with Ruby I have no idea
That reminded me of when this girl imitated her routine

I watched it a few years ago and remember finding it hilarious and finally was able to find the video again

I think Ruby is too pretentious for her own good

• Haha
Reactions: 20
If Ruby is still trying to emulate Hermione/Emma I don't understand her at all, does she really think Emma Watson is flouncing about fields cartwheeling all day?

Emma also was running a bookclub, (possibly where Ruby may have got the idea from) and the books were very diverse in content and focused on important social issues, I really think Ruby could benefit so much from taking inspiration from this Emma, rather than the 11 year old one

Didn't Emma Watson go to Brown?
She went to Brown for the majority of her degree but she did a year of it at Oxford as a year abroad

Reactions: 12

I watched Ruby's bookshelf tour for the first time and I was struck by how many children's books she had on there (she said this was a shelf of her 'favourite books') and how many books that she admitted she hadn't even read, they just look pretty.

I find it hilarious that The Austere Academy is her favourite A Series of Unfortunate Events book. Ruby just loves a boarding school book, even if the boarding school is third rate and sinister 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I will never get over how she loves Hermione most in Books 1/2; I'm sure the whole point is that Hermione is an obnoxious little brat at those points. Like, she has a good heart that we see later on, but her extreme nerdiness is not meant to be seen as a positive thing at the start.

She literally says, as part of her character growth, that there are things more important than books. Did Ruby skip that chapter?

Reactions: 26
I will never get over how she loves Hermione most in Books 1/2; I'm sure the whole point is that Hermione is an obnoxious little brat at those points. Like, she has a good heart that we see later on, but her extreme nerdiness is not meant to be seen as a positive thing at the start.

She literally says, as part of her character growth, that there are things more important than books. Did Ruby skip that chapter?
I read Hermione as a character who was initially supposed to be exasperating, making Ron and Harry feel less clever, less prepared, etc. She grows up though and proves herself to be competent and a strong team player. She leaves the arrogance behind, instead she uses her wit and academic strengths for good, rather than reveling in how long she's spent reading.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.