Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So much for wishing him a painless recovery, the man had to spend his A&E time with this brat banging on about anatomy next to him. Willing to bet he was wishing for a swift death instead.
The real question is, why’s she in the adults bit? Not sure how old she is here but in my area (not quite the Home Counties but a posh shire if you will) anybody under 17 goes to the kids a and e to get dealt with quicker

Reactions: 7
Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
She looks really nice in the long skirt and the trainers. I also agree with others and find it mildly uncomfortable when people speculate about things like her having anorexia, or things about her mental health. I know it's a gossip forum but I'd rather hear about petty things like her dirty floors tbh lol. Some people just have weird quirks and it doesn't necessarily mean they have a mental health issue

She looks really nice in the long skirt and the trainers. I also agree with others and find it mildly uncomfortable when people speculate about things like her having anorexia, or things about her mental health. I know it's a gossip forum but I'd rather hear about petty things like her dirty floors tbh lol. Some people just have weird quirks and it doesn't necessarily mean they have a mental health issue
Yeah I would also add that hating on her for wearing a specific item of clothing (e.g. white tights) seems more childish than her outfits. It's not much about WHAT she wears, as much as the upkeep (it is clean, not wrinkly), the fit/size, combination and overall outfit...
As long as it look more or less put together, I couldn't care less if it looked "baby like" - what would you guys say about the lolita/kawaii dressing style then? I only care that she doesn't seem two faced between her oveproductive online persona and then the slob habits we discover once we dig a bit deeper (not that deep even)

Reactions: 8
Yeah I would also add that hating on her for wearing a specific item of clothing (e.g. white tights) seems more childish than her outfits. It's not much about WHAT she wears, as much as the upkeep (it is clean, not wrinkly), the fit/size, combination and overall outfit...
As long as it look more or less put together, I couldn't care less if it looked "baby like" - what would you guys say about the lolita/kawaii dressing style then? I only care that she doesn't seem two faced between her oveproductive online persona and then the slob habits we discover once we dig a bit deeper (not that deep even)
Yeah but saying she’s wearing an outfit that looks childish is hardly ‘hating’ on her. If she likes it then that’s great, but no one here is saying she shouldn’t be allowed to wear it haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The real question is, why’s she in the adults bit? Not sure how old she is here but in my area (not quite the Home Counties but a posh shire if you will) anybody under 17 goes to the kids a and e to get dealt with quicker
Erimentha going somewhere that’s meant for *gasp* ordinary children? How very dare you ...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Erimentha arrives for PE before her peers as she now wishes to demonstrate her physical superiority. She hears her classmates talk about 'meaningless' things such as TV shows and weekend plans.

They start playing tennis and her serve is perfect, because of course it is.

There's a bit of back and forth between her and the others.

Suddenly, everything goes white

-------

No, she's not dead, it would be God meeting her at the gate anyway, not some amateur like St. Peter.

She's concussed and the school nurse is there.

Kimberly hit her with the tennis ball. Her mum is on her way to take her to hospital.

--------

She's in A&E and having a wonderful time observing the sick people around her. She guesses a man has a broken arm by looking at his ulna bone and notes how much pain he is in. You stay away from him, Erimentha Shipman!

Her mum bought some things to the hospital - not packed by her, because in this novel, she is mentally regressing at an alarming rate, she wouldn't be able to pick the right stuff - Erimentha had already procured an Emergency Hospital Supplies Kit. This is not a joke.

The doctor marvels at Erminetha, telling her she's the most medically-informed child she has ever met, because that's what most NHS doctors have time to do. Ruby needs to read House of God and understand the meaning of the word GOMER

Erimentha passes the broken-arm man on the way out, offering her condolences and hoping he recovers quickly and painlessly. Never, ever, let this girl near you with a syringe.
The novel is literally a string of situations in which Erimentha can show off and demonstrate how she's the best person present. Tells you a lot about how a certain person requires praise and adoration wherever she goes.

Reactions: 28
Ruby also looked really tired in that recent outfit post. Given her new obsession with exhaustion, added to the baggy clothes and food issues, it's quite concerning. TBH I hope she's alright because she seems determined to make herself ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ruby also looked really tired in that recent outfit post. Given her new obsession with exhaustion, added to the baggy clothes and food issues, it's quite concerning. TBH I hope she's alright because she seems determined to make herself ill.
I think she wants to be fussed over and have her audience tell her how amazing and constantly productive she is.

Reactions: 13
I thought the same, again I have struggled with an ED so I'm cautious to say she is suffering from one but her face looked so slim when she put it up in a bun, idk if it's just because I'm used to seeing her with really long hair that makes her face look rounder than it is but I was really shocked at how slim her face has got. It could just be her growing into her adult features more but combined with the small portions and books she's been choosing it is a bit worrying

Reactions: 4
I thought the same, again I have struggled with an ED so I'm cautious to say she is suffering from one but her face looked so slim when she put it up in a bun, idk if it's just because I'm used to seeing her with really long hair that makes her face look rounder than it is but I was really shocked at how slim her face has got. It could just be her growing into her adult features more but combined with the small portions and books she's been choosing it is a bit worrying
Added to all the other things, the possible conclusion is dark.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
dude we're in a pandemic, nobody is looking fresh rn 😂 give the gal a break!! she's probably tired and lethargic but I don't know anybody who isn't at the moment (and I don't blame them)

• Sad
  • Heart
dude we're in a pandemic, nobody is looking fresh rn 😂 give the gal a break!! she's probably tired and lethargic but I don't know anybody who isn't at the moment (and I don't blame them)
I mean, Ruby doesn't exactly lead a very stressful life

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Real talk tho, why does her food always look so dry?? Probably some of the worst rep I've seen for vegan food since Jack Monroe's slopfest :sick:

• Haha
  • Heart
I mean, you can sew up holes in clothing if you're trying to be sustainable and/or can't afford to buy new stuff all the time; clothing really isn't made to last these days, especially the stuff you get in cheaper stores. I agree that it would be a lot better for her to be at Exeter though. Seems like she feels a lot of pressure at home to be childish and doesn't have many outlets aside from social media and books :(
She's 20 years old. If she isn't willing to part ways with those ripped tights with holes, surely she can sew them up? It takes literally 2 minutes to sew up an unsightly hole. It BLOWS my mind that at 20 all her tights have toe holes and she thinks that's okay :sick:

Reactions: 8
She's 20 years old. If she isn't willing to part ways with those ripped tights with holes, surely she can sew them up? It takes literally 2 minutes to sew up an unsightly hole. It BLOWS my mind that at 20 all her tights have toe holes and she thinks that's okay :sick:
Ruby only picks up a needle and thread when she's embroidering and it's ✨aesthetic and vintage✨

• Haha
Don’t get how she has holes in all her tights?! My mum used to hate it so even when I moved back home during the summers when I was washing my mum used to put them in the bin if they couldn’t be fixed. But again not sure her mum gives much of a tit, it’s so weird, I know people hate spending money and stuff but come on, they’re rolling in it, it’s a pair of tights

Reactions: 5

Does her mum normally call Martha Marfa? Is that like a thing in their family?

Reactions: 1

Does her mum normally call Martha Marfa? Is that like a thing in their family?
I think you can spell it Martha or Marfa.

Another child's outfit! She really has no idea how to dress appropriately for her age - white tights are NOT an adult thing. Her style was much better at university. It's all part of this strange role play nonsense....She seems to be refusing to grow up.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.