Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gave myself concussion of the eye reading that so thanks
I read it an hour ago and the confusion still lingers. The balm is too cold to mould? Rice sculptures? Watermelon boredom? Has my psych medication stopped working? Do I need to call the Community Mental Health Team? Have I accidentally ingested LSD? Is it a malarial dream?

To put it in Ruby's words: my confusion was immense, palpable and irrevocable. It vanquished me thoroughly. The shimmering light of the screen was seeping into my eyeholes and I no longer perceived the content I was reading. The website's name - Tattle - became a ghostly mist. The very word 'forums' was such an apparition that I did not, at first, understand my surroundings. My concussion of the mind made it hard to form clear thoughts. Words plopped through my head like borlotti beans unable to move through a sieve.

Inconsequential concussion of the eye sounds like the B-side to Bonnie Tyler's hit :LOL:
I laughed out loud reading your comment. Good thing I'm not on public transport haha.
---
"Mum was..."
What?? I need to know 😭😂
I think ''mum was a...'' is the whole sentence. Mum was A. Her mother being the first letter of the alphabet makes no sense to normal people, but in the nonsensical context of Ruby's story it fits perfectly.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Omg I’m dying of cringe at her latest tiktok, I don’t know the girl she’s with but why are they so hyper. It was so cringy the way she opened with ‘we’re in a bookshop so should be quiet’, like no it’s not a library you don’t have to be quiet in a bookshop, but also people probably don’t want you screeching about your outfits in a random corner of the shop either??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Omg I’m dying of cringe at her latest tiktok, I don’t know the girl she’s with but why are they so hyper. It was so cringy the way she opened with ‘we’re in a bookshop so should be quiet’, like no it’s not a library you don’t have to be quiet in a bookshop, but also people probably don’t want you screeching about your outfits in a random corner of the shop either??
I had to stop watching that as my insides were folding over themselves in embarrassment. Do they realise that there’ll be a bored security guard watching the CCTV and wondering why two young women look like they’re about to strip in the art section?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s like she’s trying to write an entire story out of Tattle thread name suggestions. I can’t even decide which one to nominate. ”Inconsequential concussion of the eye”, ”Original sin for the naturally boring mind”, and ”Mum was a… and dad made sculptures out of rice” are all strong contenders at this point.
"It was heavier than cats I had known" might be my favourite line.

Ruby has also entered a brave new era of fiction where boys who aren't disappointing siblings, mysteriously vanishing fathers or personality-free teachers exist for the first time, but only to serve as a cautionary tale to warn people of the dangers of talking to boys.

0=96787565857567869 87- Copy - Copy.png

Beware: If you talk to boys, the streets will become filled with dead cats.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Is Ruby wearing her actual school uniform??? This really gives off "15 year old private schoolers on an outing" vibes

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Can we just collectively spare a moment to reflect on the sheer pretentiousness of Rootabaga wanting to visit Paris over Easter because ”I have a list of paintings I would like to see and so many of them are in Paris.” I mean granted, a lot of paintings are really impressive seen in person, but let’s be honest. She’s going because she’s filthy rich and thinks she’s intellectual, and above all wants to look like an Oxford student who’s just so on fire for Culture that she needs to go twirl around Paree, pose for the camera in front of paintings, and eat half of a veeegan ✨💫quasson💫✨

edit: I can feel @Corneilya coming at me for the spelling. I regret nothing!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Can we just collectively spare a moment to reflect on the sheer pretentiousness of Rootabaga wanting to visit Paris over Easter because ”I have a list of paintings I would like to see and so many of them are in Paris.” I mean granted, a lot of paintings are really impressive seen in person, but let’s be honest. She’s going because she’s filthy rich and thinks she’s intellectual, and above all wants to look like an Oxford student who’s just so on fire for Culture that she needs to go twirl around Paree, pose for the camera in front of paintings, and eat half of a veeegan ✨💫quasson💫✨
She makes me laugh how she “doesn’t really like cities” but is yearning to visit gay Paris, again. Behind all the tourist my bits, it’s like most cities - smelly, full of crime and homeless folk.

Reactions: 11
It reminds me of the nuns at school whose primary response to 99% of our issues was to roll their eyes and sigh "men".
They suggested we always kept a Yellow Pages between our knees, too. I suggest using the rogue watermelon from the final paragraph in case you must give your date inconsequential concussion of the eye.

I need sleep. Ruby has broken my brain.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It reminds me of the nuns at school whose primary response to 99% of our issues was to roll their eyes and sigh "men".
They suggested we always kept a Yellow Pages between our knees, too. I suggest using the rogue watermelon from the final paragraph in case you must give your date inconsequential concussion of the eye.

I need sleep. Ruby has broken my brain.
In other terms, Ruby gave you an inconsequential concussion of the organ of soft nervous tissue contained in the skull of vertebrates?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Have people seen this video or has it been posted? Lots of interesting comments that talk about Ruby amongst the others.

Reactions: 5
Have people seen this video or has it been posted? Lots of interesting comments that talk about Ruby amongst the others.

I watched it the other day. Really interesting, she makes a number of good points. I've been folowing her for a while now.

Reactions: 5
I'm so confused - the café Roobee went and had a croissant at in her vlog doesn't offer vegan croissants? How? Unpossible!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I watched it the other day. Really interesting, she makes a number of good points. I've been folowing her for a while now.
One big problem that studytubers face is that they spend too much time doing youtuber and make too much cash that they do not see the urgence to get a real career life started. Come on, studytuber can not be a real career for a lifetime long. I can not imagine ruby and holly doing studytuber and dark academia and vlog things in her 30s. This ends up with a Fake life on the internet.

Reactions: 11
Signed
Baby Kangaroo Tribbiani
This is hilarious and I actually almost commented a few pages back about her writing that it reminds me of that scene where Chandler makes up a short story to hide the fact that they were making that list about Rachel.

" It was summer ... and it was hot. Rachel was there. A lonely gray couch. "Oh look!" cried Ned, and then the kingdom was his forever. The end. "

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.