Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because it’s hard to romanticise working… look at PaigeY. She lost a lot of views and following when she started posting work related videos and now she is back to study with me videos. Ruby can milk this till she is at least 30 so what… 6-7 more years? After that she can buy another property and become a full time landlady lol
---
She seems to be taking a long time reading Crime and Punishment. It really isn't that thick, not like War & Peace or Anna Karenina, even. Just an average to below average size novel. Surely she is struggling with the theme and obviously is not loving it or she would have devoured it by now. It just goes to show what happens when you only read children's literature and never challenge yourself. She still seems to be more interested in creating some kind of Oxford aesthetic rather than the actual academics. What a waste of space that could have been given to someone who would have taken their degree seriously and put it towards a career.
It took me forever to finish Crime and Punishment (and I speak Russian, I am Russian/Finnish)… I read War and Peace 3 times, it was a way easier read for me. Crime and Punishment is hard to read. Dostoevsky is a genius but this novel is not for everyone. Most who start it never finish it… talking about my schoolmates lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I was just delivered the best and, frankly, the only study advice I’ll ever need on tt. Ready? Prepare for your mind to be blown.

If you start working on your essay a week before it’s due, it’ll take you a week to complete. If you start the day before, it’ll only take you a day.

Studytube, you’re officially obsolete.
Hope this works for master thesis as well... Have exactly two weeks left to finish 💀

Reactions: 5
Not ruby influencing me but should I read crime and punishment? It’s been on my tbr for a while
The first 100 pages or so are a SLOG and then I found it quite enjoyed the rest. I honestly think I took longer over that than the rest of the book altogether 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sorry late to the Oxford Union party but that umm ahh reading from an ipad was awful.. there are so many deluded positive youtube comments.

Reactions: 5
Because it’s hard to romanticise working… look at PaigeY. She lost a lot of views and following when she started posting work related videos and now she is back to study with me videos. Ruby can milk this till she is at least 30 so what… 6-7 more years? After that she can buy another property and become a full time landlady lol
Depends on the job and the vlogger. There's a lot of software engineers that make interesting work vlogs that have millions of views

Reactions: 3
Depends on the job and the vlogger. There's a lot of software engineers that make interesting work vlogs that have millions of views
I guess depends on the job but I am not sure most study YouTubers would be able to keep their views if they started vlogging about working .. who knows

Reactions: 2
Had an old Ruby video on this morning while I was sorting stuff, she said she "loves the 8 Passengers vlogs because they're SO uplifting" 😬 that aged like milk Ruby

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
---

It took me forever to finish Crime and Punishment (and I speak Russian, I am Russian/Finnish)… I read War and Peace 3 times, it was a way easier read for me. Crime and Punishment is hard to read. Dostoevsky is a genius but this novel is not for everyone. Most who start it never finish it… talking about my schoolmates lol
If she put at least as much efforts in learning to craft something, or cook properly, she could at least try to romanticise everyday life, make something related to cottagecore, countryside and homemade stuff. But that requires work, something she doesn't seem ready to do.
She could, Idk make videos about gardening, how to find good stuff in charity shops, things like that are trendy. And it'd fit most of her watchers' interests.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Had an old Ruby video on this morning while I was sorting stuff, she said she "loves the 8 Passengers vlogs because they're SO uplifting" 😬 that aged like milk Ruby
Omg

She has no clue what she's talking about 99% of the time. Just latches on to anything that has the right assthatic. I've always found her interest in 'wholesome' mormon/evangelical accounts disturbing.
---
I guess depends on the job but I am not sure most study YouTubers would be able to keep their views if they started vlogging about working .. who knows
I don't know whether they'd be able to keep their jobs if they started vlogging about working. I mean, it would be awkward to have someone filming around an office or whatever. You can't really set the camera up to film yourself during your work day, at least not in the way a studytuber does during a 12 hour 'study with me'. And if Ruby ended up working in a school, there'd be all kinds of privacy issues.

Reactions: 8
Re PaigeY: I don't think the loss of Paige's view count is due to the work life, she just hardly shares anything anymore. I like her but there's only so many b-roll train journey and Liverpool Street-Office building walks one can watch in a row. She isn't into decorating her house nor she has a lot of outings or slice of life content, except a bunch of hello fresh ad insert cooking clips. If she vlogged her life in Cambridge more, she'd probably have more views. I guess she wants to be more private now that she's out of uni.

Reactions: 19
It's okay to be a slow reader or find some books more difficult than others, she never seems to acknowledge that though. Everything is wonderful and exquisite, she's in looove with it and she just finished 6 more novels while brushing her teeth.

Reactions: 30
Jade’s been to visit her over the weekend, brace yourselves bc the footage is insufferable.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Ruby is claiming to have already read 27 books this year (on Storygraph).

EDIT: Just checked out the Ruby/Jade content and yikes… what is this caption.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I'm sorry but I just don't believe that Ruby has read 27 books so far this year. It is more likely that she has skim-read half of them and is pretending that she has read them fully to get her reading numbers up as this year I bet she will say that she has read 150+ books.

Reactions: 26

EDIT: Just checked out the Ruby/Jade content and yikes… what is this caption.
This got to be the creepiest pose ever, why is she smiling as if she's going to k*ll Jade right after taking the picture 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This got to be the creepiest pose ever, why is she smiling as if she's going to k*ll Jade right after taking the picture 💀
She’s out to take Jade’s soul like some bargain basement Lyoossyfarr, ”one of the brightest souls we have” betrays her.

In other news, she’s all over tiktok today, showing off another box of gifted stuff from Whittard’s and doing a Varry Roobee Drommatick Reading of some Mary Sidney. I wonder if we’ll get a yeecheeb veedyo as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm sorry but I just don't believe that Ruby has read 27 books so far this year. It is more likely that she has skim-read half of them and is pretending that she has read them fully to get her reading numbers up as this year I bet she will say that she has read 150+ books.
Yeah, most of what she's "read" this year are collections of poetry, psalms and essays or Early Modern plays. She'll have read a couple of tiny poems and marked the collection read, skimmed an essay or two for a quote to use and marked the book read, and she'll have read the Sparknotes version of the play and ticked it off the list.

Being generous, I'd say she'll have read perhaps two full books' worth of material in total across the bits she's skimmed.

Now that she's had her bi-annual management-mandated cross-promotional playdate with Jade, I'm guessing Dakota will be reappearing on Ruby's Insta before long.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Now that she's had her bi-annual management-mandated cross-promotional playdate with Jade, I'm guessing Dakota will be reappearing on Ruby's Insta before long.
Not THE Dakota, who is one of the greatest poets of our time and whose flimsy little booklet is JANUINELY the best poetry anthology Roobee has read maybe ever?

Of course now that Roobee is finally an AXEFUD INTALLACKSHUAL herself, there’s a good chance they’ll just both implode in their mutual cycle of blowing smoke up each other’s ass while simultaneously trying to outshine each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.