Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Joint credit for thread title goes to @Sibyl Vane and @DarthMiepies!

Roobee is festering in her childhood bedroom over Christmas br... I mean vac, showing no signs of going back to Oxford though term starts next week. She has entertained us with a video on "how to be an intellectual", which was just as cringe as the title suggests. For New Year's Eve, the Boneseses baked a total of four (4) almond cakes in order to appease their voracious almond-hoarding dragon of a grandmother and also to keep the forgotten younger sister away.

No sign of a book deal yet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
With reference to her not moving back, someone said it might be quieter in libraries since term hasn't started (not sure how to quote from old to new thread, sorry!)

This might not even be true, which is arguably worse! I'm an undergrad, but most of us have exams so libraries are pretty packed at the minute, and I've seen plenty of post-grads in there too. Term basically started middle of this week, just not offical teaching. It's baffling really that she's not back!

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Thank you for the new thread and title, the old was giving me anxiety with how long it had gotten, I kept expecting it to lock haha

• Haha
Reactions: 18
@drew54 as someone else pointed out, it was Terms and Conditions. Referenced in that book is The Best Kind of Girl by Gillian Avery which has a scorcher of a bibliography. Just so many contemporaneous essay collections on girls education and other histories.

Terms and Conditions was my comfort book for a few years, because I could just pick it up and read it from whatever page. It really got me into "Old Girl" memoirs, of which there are many. Girls education is far more interesting than boys education haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Is she the sort of genius that orders a chai tea?
In that defense 'Chai Tea' is a listed menu item in many places and most people are just going off that and don't realize there's a language redundancy. But no one say's outfit fit..

Reactions: 22
Is she the sort of genius that orders a chai tea?
She’s made ”lentil daal” in the past (and possibly also mentioned ”chai tea”), so I’d say it’s a distinct possibility.

oh and let’s not forget ”candlestick holder”

• Haha
Reactions: 26
With reference to her not moving back, someone said it might be quieter in libraries since term hasn't started (not sure how to quote from old to new thread, sorry!)

This might not even be true, which is arguably worse! I'm an undergrad, but most of us have exams so libraries are pretty packed at the minute, and I've seen plenty of post-grads in there too. Term basically started middle of this week, just not offical teaching. It's baffling really that she's not back!
This also may be because Ruby is weird, but I thought it was strange that she brought her giant iMac back with her as well

Reactions: 10
I don't understand why she's choosing to not go back to Oxford but instead visit some Chanel exhibit with her mum (of all people). Her priorities are all over the place.

Reactions: 9
Screenshot_20240112_092637_Chrome.jpg

That dead-eyed grimace totally sells how JANUINELY ACKSOITED SHE IS tyoo beee reetaahrning tyooo AWKSFWUD.

4e5046fc8d6a97d18a5f54beaed54dea-1681747291.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.