Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"I don't know if you can hear me because I'm wearing Airpods." Umm, what?

Yet another video full of fake timescales wherein Ruby squints her way through lies about how much she got done in what is JANUINELY one day. If the seemingly endless hours that this 24 hour day holds weren't a dead giveaway, Ruby simply forgets what day she's supposed to be pretending it is.

After slipping up and talking about it being Sunday, squint-lying through a correction that it's ACKSHUALLY SATURDAY, HONNASTLEEEEEEE, she once again pays no attention when editing:

View attachment 2727179

View attachment 2727164

Whoops!

View attachment 2727183

Ruby VARRY KOINDLEEEE gifts her friend a presumably unsolicited planner from the old, damaged and now obsolete stock of planners that she never used (this one appears to have been factory-sealed with a torn cover, such quality!). Her new Blakeney-replacement friend will have to do more of Ruby's homework if she expects to get a new half-yearly "yearly" planner!

View attachment 2727191

View attachment 2727192

View attachment 2727193

View attachment 2727194

She really ain't getting any better at this whole writing thing.
Her writing is complete nonsense. Pure nonsensical drivel. This is what she expects to be published? Does she literally think this is anything worthwhile? Any editor she hires will definitely have a concussion of the eye when they try to maneuver around her incomprehensible attempts. I would just flick it in the trash withing a few seconds. What the heck goes on in her brain if this is what she produces? I can't even imagine what her papers are like at uni. I weep for her professors.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Yet another video full of fake timescales wherein Ruby squints her way through lies about how much she got done in what is JANUINELY one day. If the seemingly endless hours that this 24 hour day holds weren't a dead giveaway, Ruby simply forgets what day she's supposed to be pretending it is.

After slipping up and talking about it being Sunday, squint-lying through a correction that it's ACKSHUALLY SATURDAY, HONNASTLEEEEEEE, she once again pays no attention when editing:

View attachment 2727179

View attachment 2727164

Whoops!

View attachment 2727183

Ruby VARRY KOINDLEEEE gifts her friend a presumably unsolicited planner from the old, damaged and now obsolete stock of planners that she never used (this one appears to have been factory-sealed with a torn cover, such quality!). Her new Blakeney-replacement friend will have to do more of Ruby's homework if she expects to get a new half-yearly "yearly" planner!

View attachment 2727191

View attachment 2727192

View attachment 2727193

View attachment 2727194

I've seen that line about time stretched like taffy somewhere before. She may have straight up plagiarized a book. I wish I could remember where I saw it

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I started her new vlog for background noise and I have most youtube videos down to below half volume and she still blasted my hearing away with her intro. She needs to learn audio balance.

Reactions: 11
On the bright side, the writing samples demonstrate that Ruby finally learned how to use "in lieu of". Baby steps.

• Haha

View attachment 2727179

View attachment 2727164

Whoops!

View attachment 2727183

View attachment 2727191

View attachment 2727192

View attachment 2727193

View attachment 2727194

"I didn't understand homophones as a child" needs to be deleted, Ruby.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
But what are these writings? Is it for her book? Cause surely not for the course? Apart from her not telling us anything specific about the course I can’t imagine they would be doing much modern writing there.

Reactions: 4
On the bright side, the writing samples demonstrate that Ruby finally learned how to use "in lieu of". Baby steps.
Where she finally learns to use one word correctly, more hilarious mistakes spring up like mushrooms. She says she doesn’t want to ”fall off the bandwagon” with her wroiyting, and also thinks a book with ”omnibus” in the title refers to a vehicle 😂

• Haha
I’m slightly confused- she’s in the middle of arguably one of the most intensive degrees in the world and she has time to write a children’s’ book? I mean I know it’s fine to have things you do in your spare time, but she does plenty else 😆

• Haha
So because I have no hobbies, I just rewatched the video and it’s plausible that she filmed everything on Saturday, except the Paris/Pinterest section (filmed Sunday) and the Nyord V.P. Anne section, which she filmed at 7 am on Wednesday. She goes to Prat first, then via Blackwell’s to another cafe that opens at 9 on Saturdays, comes back to her room at 11:30, goes to a library to study until 13:25 (so she’s there maybe an hour and a half, tops). After a nap and lunch, she goes for a walk by the river; the bookshop she visits isn’t open on Sundays but is open on Saturdays until 5. She gets back to her room and says she had her last coffee seven hours ago, meaning it’s between 5 and 6, and then she says she’s going to study 3-4 hours until bedtime (which she said earlier is 10).

So tl;dr she probably did do those things on Saturday, she just manages to make everything look like a much bigger undertaking. She’s not actually spending a long time in any of the places she goes. And of course the bit about browsing Pinterest was a lie, inserted to have something of a segue to the ad.

I feel a sudden need to touch some grass lol

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Ok fellow french people, Ruby plans to invade us once again during Easter holidays. Hide the croissants, the study zombie invader will cross the borders soon!
Oh I guess now we know the story behind this collection- it's been recently updated too.
Screenshot_20240201-113102_Pinterest.jpg

Reactions: 3
did anyone else catch her backpack changing colour between her room and the elevator ✨?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I just skimmed through the screenshots of her writing and she reminds me a tiny bit of myself when I was in highschool and exclusively read classics in both German and English. My writing at school was absolutely unhinged, since I am naturally inclined to use oldschool vocabulary anyways and this was enhanced to the max through my consumption of literature. My poor teachers lmao. However, as unreadable as my writing was (I´m not a good writer to begin with), it was not as pretentious as what she´s written here. It looks like she desperately wants to seem cultured, old school and in general like an author from the 19th century. Due to the fact that nowadays the way of writing and speaking is vastly different than in victorian times it all just sounds completely off. Also she uses idioms which either don´t exist, are not in use anymore and/or don´t fit. Some sentences actually sounded good in my opinion, but all in all it´s just way too much and over the top.

Reactions: 15
I started her new vlog for background noise and I have most youtube videos down to below half volume and she still blasted my hearing away with her intro. She needs to learn audio balance.
I’m convinced she edits on mute. She’s constantly cutting off the ends of sentences too early too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.