Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Oxford union video has gone and been trashed with her minions mindless praise
I just went back to the video and had a look. OMG, the Ruby fans have taken over and they're *not* amused about anyone voicing even the slightest hint of criticism! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Untitled8566858 - Copy.png

Ruby couldn't even be bothered to pretend to use the company's new scam planner once a week herself and has now farmed out the company's social media to Martha (filming in Ruby's room and pretending to be Ruby). Yay, nepotism!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Untitled856689085879898.png

"as someone who is vegan"

Y'know, apart from all the times she buys and wears wool, leather bags and leather shoes, or when she eats dairy and generally non-vegan foods all the time, or when she buy cosmetics that are openly tested on animals.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It’s Wednesnight, are we getting a video or no? 👀
Nope it looks like we aren't getting a video tonight, perhaps she will upload it tomorrow as usually when she doesn't upload it on Wednesday she decides to release it the day after.

I’m hatching potential Masters thesis topics in my head atm and the idea of a projected readership, as portrayed through social media, is one I’m considering. It’s so fascinating. There’s a whole chapter’s worth of stuff to be said about everybody filming themselves crying over A Little Life, for instance.
As a woman, I find this topic interesting because women used to be shamed for reading romance novels and smut, then tiktok allowed women to embrace the genres that they like to read and find more recommendations, but it has kind of come full circle because now there are a lot of women making tiktoks shaming the smutty side of booktok saying that not every book needs to be smutty when so little books are actually smutty. Books with romance, smut, and painted and deckled edges are all being judged very harshly as well as their fanbase for things like lacking substance and consumerism, but when people collect multiple versions of the same classic book because they want a nice looking penguin collection or simply because they want to appear more studious (*ahem* Ruby) that is not given the same criticism. One Youtuber (can't remember who it was) made a video on how pretty editions of books seem to be looked down on because they are primarily bought by teen girls and women similar to how the biggest criticism of movies or book series like Twilight, Divergent, The Hunger Games, etc are that they are widely enjoyed by teenage girls. It's interesting because popular movies/book series that have a primarily male fanbase such as Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings are not attacked the same way and in fact, many people would consider them classics.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She does upload to TikTok a lot now? With her intensive masters degree I’d be surprised if she has enough time to do TikTok AND YouTube 📚

Reactions: 1
She does upload to TikTok a lot now? With her intensive masters degree I’d be surprised if she has enough time to do TikTok AND YouTube 📚
She claims to get up at 5 every morning specifically to work on youtube, the output should be considerably more 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
”How old do you think I look?” Freckles you’ve very conspicuously drawn on yourself say 4, enormous cold sore on your lip says stressed-out 37.

IMG_2747.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.