Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly the difference in her mood at Oxford vs at home is a bit sad, she seems way more happy and fulfilled at home.

Reactions: 8
The way I ran to Tattle after seeing her newest TikTok. So sad that she’s plastered on the fake freckles in an obvious attempt to look younger.

Reactions: 9
”How old do you think I look?” Freckles you’ve very conspicuously drawn on yourself say 4, enormous cold sore on your lip says stressed-out 37.

View attachment 2773159
Answer: you still don't look like Emma Watson.
1708642452123.png

---
If we say 12 will she shut up and finally upload a new video?
You mean twalve?
---
I think she has the energy of someone who peaked at 16 and has never accepted that's the blue print for success. You can't write the same way you did at 16 and gain the same academic achievement, it's totally infeasible. But instead of taking on her tutor feedback she will take only praise and stick to that format.
She is stuck in the world of Blyton's Five.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
“The Was Ahnderson Axhibition” 😂

She’s saying she hasn’t seen her family in a while. It’s mid February and this term started in mid January, right? If she can’t cope without seeing her family for a whole month at age 23, how would she have coped at age twalve at Hogwarts Bedales or the like? Life is tough for Rubles.

Last edited:
Untitled87694476654659769 - Copy.png

Someone's already called her out again for her invading the privacy of everyone she can in the library and beyond, just so she can get more shots of herself pretending to study for 5 minutes in various locations. In true Ruby fashion, she's chosen to respond with gaslighting lies,.

The filming of other students and other people in communal spaces has been brought up in her comments before. She's aware of it and just ignored it because doing people the basic courtesy of asking for consent or blurring them meant more work for her. Her future videos will be no different and nothing will change.

Her excuse that she only won't blur someone when most of their face is obscured is a complete lie. In this video, the previous video and countless others before, she's just not bothered blurring the majority of people around campus, in private study areas, in coffee shops and restaurants, etc. Their full faces have been on display.

In just the first TWALVE SACKONDS of this video, there's two shots of people's faces clearly visible:

56756856 - Copy.png

7969769697 - Copy.png

Later on, she films the same girl in the background from multiple angles, changing the camera position to make her the centre of the shot:

12121212 - Copy.png

Given the angle and what a completely unconvincing job Ruby does at pretending to study while awkwardly hunched to one side, it's weirdly voyeuristic and feels like Ruby was intentionally trying to film other people over her shoulder.

Other people walk by and talk to the person in the background, Ruby makes no effort to blur them, either.

36535636 - Copy.png

Ruby hops on a train back home (for JANUINELY the FARRST TOIME THIS TARRM! (SQUINT)) and films some people there, too.

365356755636 - Copy - Copy.png

She tags along on her sister's trip to the WASS ANDYIERSONN ACKZIBIT to pay lip service to her fake interest in the filmmaker and films everyone there, too, with no effort to blur anyone.

This is just one video, too.

Every Oxford vlog is full of her filming people in private university study areas and libraries where filming for commercial purposes requires university permission or isn't allowed, with no effort to obtain that permission or blur people's faces.

In this video, she blurs one person - coincidentally it's the first person shown on-screen. After that, she clearly couldn't be bothered or felt she'd met whatever imaginary quota she's made up for herself.

Ruby's often getting on her soapbox and performatively yammering about THEEEE IMPWORETANCE OF LAHHHRNING or THEEE BEEYEEEUUUUTEEEE OF AWKWFWUD UNIVARRRRSITY'S STODDY AREAS AND CAMPOSS. But in her videos she shows a constant, entitled disregard for other people who want to enjoy those spaces for their intended purpose as a safe space to study in peace.

But rather than be honest and say, "I might blur one person at random just so my fans can argue that I do it, but I generally don't really blur people because I just can't be bothered - I'm really lazy and don't really pay attention to what I'm editing and really don't want to have to, plus other people's comfort, consent and right to privacy doesn't really affect me, so I don't give a tit," she chose to gaslight and lie.

Meanwhile, she's crammed in countless undeclared ads everywhere, yet again:

Untitled85656678989086575567879898 - Copy.png

Untitled856566789890865755890887967879898 - Copy.png

She advertises (with zero disclaimers) tit from RAMMADEEEE KYOMBYOOCHAAAAA, PONKEYPOD TIFFTEA, ED-starter-kit mainstay Manilife and more.

She shoehorns in an awkwardly long shot of herself using her laptop, for no other reason than to shoehorn in an ad for that dodgy CleanMyMacX bloatware program she got paid to use recently.

To advertise the actual sponsor, she rambles about MANTLE HALTH intermittently for the entire video, but in light of all the other dodgy, dishonest ads, it comes off as especially fake. She clearly hates being at uni and is only there because of the superficial trophy appeal of being at Oxford because she thinks it proves she's an innately genius, despite all evidence to the contrary. Meanwhile she's completely out of her depth and looks on the verge of tears for most of her time at Oxford.

There's scope for her to make an honest, meaningful video about her mental health, but her talking about "carving out time for rest" and "prioritising mental health" is ultimately fake and pointless when she only does that in videos wherein she advertises some kind of paid, sponsored mental health service. She wags her finger again that WE need to normalise going home, yet she lies about herself doing it all the time. None of her mental health talk rings true and isn't helpful to her younger viewers when she's still going all in on the ED-baiting while blatantly faking the timescales of her study videos, wildly embellishing everything she does and lying about reading books and academic texts to make herself seem infinitely busier and more productive than she is.

Speaking of fake:

Untitled856566789890865755890867879898 - Copy - Copy.png

Ruby jumps in to say she finds it AVVER SYO INTRASSTING, rather than just say, "YASS, OIY DYOO MODEL MOIY ACCENT ON MOIY MYOST FAVOURAT CHOYLDHYUD OIDOL AMMA WATSYON, BOHT NOW OIY'VE MADE SHORE TYOO PRETAND TYOOO BEEEE AMMA WATSYON AS AN ADOLT AT AWKSFUD, AND THAT IS WHOIY MOIY VOICE IS SOMMTOIMES DEEPAH AND WHOIY OY AWHLWHEYS START MOIY SANTANCES WITH RANDOM LIP-SMACKING AND CLUCKING, JOSST LOIKE AMMA WATSYON DOZZ!"

It is interesting that people are still fooled by her embarrassingly fake AMMA WATSYON accent, even as it changes wildly and vanishes completely throughout just this video.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
With the Wes Anderson exhibit, do you get the feeling it was going to be Martha ACTUALLY having some quality time with her own parents and Roooobeee got FOMO and muscled in

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She looks like she is at least a 35 year old, just waking up, who hasn't put any makeup on yet, nor had her morning cup of coffee. Her face has really aged over the past few years. I've noticed it in her vlogs and when she is chatting on stories. She also isn't helping things out when she constantly forces a grimace as that will create lines and pull your skin. Between that, being too thin and her receding hairline, she isn't aging very gracefully, so if she thinks she looks 12 she is fooling herself. Not at all. You don't even look like you are in your 20's anymore, Rubbish, and dressing like a grandmother isn't helping things either.
She's lost a lot of fat from her face, and that really is what ages a person. To some extent it happens naturally, but I don't think it has happened that naturally, if you catch my cold. I remember coming back to Ruby after I finished my degree, because I couldn't stand her content while studying (not her fault) and I was shocked by how much thinner she looked.
---
As you mentioned before you really have to wonder what her grades were because if they were good she would have mentioned it the fact she hasn't said anything tells me that her grades were much lower than she was anticipating. But as you have said she has to think for herself and ask herself are the things I am mentioning in this essay appropriate or do I need to do more studying on that topic to make sure I understand the content in full, because at the moment all I am seeing is someone who doesn't have a clue on the topic that they are writing about hence the fact that she doesn't have a clear structure of what her essay should cover. One thing is for sure this masters is not going as well as she hoped.
I know people (and Ruby herself) have said it probably was good she didn't go to Oxford at 18, but maybe it's bad? I remember during my degree, at the start I was much like she appears to be: relying on ineffective study habits, not making best use of my time etc. it was only in my third year that I really started the process of a full personal rebuild, and came out of my degree alright. Like, I had to really go back to basics.

She doesn't have time to do that on her master's course. She doesn't have time to duck around like she is or like I did.

I also don't see how she thinks she has time to go home? I only left Oxford during term time twice (aside from during COVID when they wouldn't let us back) and that was only for a day out in London to see a show with my dad. That's in 4 whole years. Surely the appeal of Oxford is like, the other stuff around your degree as well?

Last edited:
In her recent video I noticed how much better Martha looks now living apart from them. Genuinely happy for her!

ey, Master degrees are hard enough as it is. She has to think for herself, not rely on others or be spoon fed by professors and just re-spit out everything she heard. They want to see original, creative thoughts and papers. Not a rehash of what they said in lectures.
I also think it's easier when you enjoy what you're studying. As we've said before, this period wouldn't have been Ruby's first choice, and I'm not convinced she's interested in the course material. It's so much harder to motivate yourself to study and generate ideas if it's a big chore.

Or maybe she's just disappointed by her grades.
---
I love how everyone has the same Ruby face. If I went to the exhibition and saw that, I don't think I'd stay!

Last edited:
”How old do you think I look?” Freckles you’ve very conspicuously drawn on yourself say 4, enormous cold sore on your lip says stressed-out 37.

View attachment 2773159
She seriously gave some real life Esther vibes when she tries to look like a pre teen and grin like that. I'd say she looks like a 35/40 yo woman with a poor health.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
View attachment 2774493

Someone's already called her out again for her invading the privacy of everyone she can in the library and beyond, just so she can get more shots of herself pretending to study for 5 minutes in various locations. In true Ruby fashion, she's chosen to respond with gaslighting lies,.

The filming of other students and other people in communal spaces has been brought up in her comments before. She's aware of it and just ignored it because doing people the basic courtesy of asking for consent or blurring them meant more work for her. Her future videos will be no different and nothing will change.

Her excuse that she only won't blur someone when most of their face is obscured is a complete lie. In this video, the previous video and countless others before, she's just not bothered blurring the majority of people around campus, in private study areas, in coffee shops and restaurants, etc. Their full faces have been on display.

In just the first TWALVE SACKONDS of this video, there's two shots of people's faces clearly visible:

View attachment 2774504
View attachment 2774503

Later on, she films the same girl in the background from multiple angles, changing the camera position to make her the centre of the shot:

View attachment 2774502

Given the angle and what a completely unconvincing job Ruby does at pretending to study while awkwardly hunched to one side, it's weirdly voyeuristic and feels like Ruby was intentionally trying to film other people over her shoulder.

Other people walk by and talk to the person in the background, Ruby makes no effort to blur them, either.

View attachment 2774517

Ruby hops on a train back home (for JANUINELY the FARRST TOIME THIS TARRM! (SQUINT)) and films some people there, too.

View attachment 2774519
I think Ruby should hire you to replace all the faces of other people, who are being filmed without their consent, with her face.
but you probably don't want to work for her, so it might be better if Ruby would do it herself if she wasn't so lazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think Ruby should hire you to replace all the faces of other people, who are being filmed without their consent, with her face.
but you probably don't want to work for her, so it might be better if Ruby would do it herself if she wasn't so lazy.
Since her sister is on the gravy train payroll, she should get on it asap.

• Haha
1708813154305.png

i've been trying to figure out what the brown sticker on her laptop is. for some reason it's giving warrior cats? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I could be very wrong but it looks like Hermione when she was turned into a cat in the second book/movie.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.