Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
”How old do you think I look?” Freckles you’ve very conspicuously drawn on yourself say 4, enormous cold sore on your lip says stressed-out 37.

View attachment 2773159
She needs to get on the Aciclovir. I didn't use it for ages because all the advice says it doesn't make it go away any quicker but, by God, it makes the whole process so much more manageable.

Seems to be an uncommon medicine here, all the Americans I've talked to about it rave about it though, and they're right.

Reactions: 2
She looks like she is at least a 35 year old, just waking up, who hasn't put any makeup on yet, nor had her morning cup of coffee. Her face has really aged over the past few years. I've noticed it in her vlogs and when she is chatting on stories. She also isn't helping things out when she constantly forces a grimace as that will create lines and pull your skin. Between that, being too thin and her receding hairline, she isn't aging very gracefully, so if she thinks she looks 12 she is fooling herself. Not at all. You don't even look like you are in your 20's anymore, Rubbish, and dressing like a grandmother isn't helping things either.

Reactions: 12
Rumbster says that she's gonna bring this book with her, but also says that she "probably won't read it, to be honest". It's good that she's being honest for once lol

Screenshot (907).png

why the duck is her slipper there ugh

But then she claims to be reading this book atm
Screenshot (908).png

But you can see what she's actually reading now, see there in the corner?

Screenshot (903).png

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. yep.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Rumbster says that she's gonna bring this book with her, but also says that she "probably won't read it, to be honest". It's good that she's being honest for once lol

View attachment 2773438

why the duck is her slipper there ugh

But then she claims to be reading this book atm
View attachment 2773442

But you can see what she's actually reading now, see there in the corner?

View attachment 2773444

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. yep.
Going home, MADDITASHUN, childhood comfort reading, begging on tt for people to tell her she looks like a child, paintede on freckles? Her mantle halth is down the drain and regression is the word of the day. I wonder if she got her grade from last term ☠

• Haha
Reactions: 17
In the latest video, the music she chooses is a bit angsty, I think. Then you have a random Flight of the Bumblebee thrown in :ROFLMAO:

I enjoyed the bit where she reads on a bench at college, sets up her camera, just as a lad in the background gets up and moves away, probably because he saw the camera.

Her hairstyle would look so much better with a subtle side fringe/feathering. The long lank hair going straight from apex and straight down the side of her face does her no favours, and just emphasises the receding hairline.

The Wes Anderson exhibition at the end was quite funny though, I did nearly choke on my coffee due to the music.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
"Accidenally Wes Anderson" 😂 Did anyone else notice the missing "t"? Also, super-extra studious Ruby brought her book and ipad to a family outing. Who does that? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
In this video she is definitely bothered by something as she didn't seem to be her usual bubbly self and she also seems to be at a total lost with the course content for 2 modules as she is struggling massively to come up with ideas for her 2 essays which tells me that she hasn't learned anything from the lecturers and seminars. Also it came across to me in this video that she was very unorganised as it looked like she meant to do several things and then never did them, for example before they left to go to the Wes Anderson Exhibition she was writing up notes from Reading Children in Early Modern Culture then when they were in the car she decided to write up notes for chapter 3 of the book because for some reason she didn't do it at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Sponsored, yet again. Every single one is sponsored. I skip those parts.

Depressing music, sour face. Not looking particularly happy these days. I really wonder how her grades were, not to mention the status of her so-called "book". Her forced grimaces don't have me fooled. She is not loving Oxford and vice-versa.

Trouble looking straight in the camera. Avoidance.

She's getting nervous....Stressing out. Her skin looks ready to break out again.

Tosses aside books she probably should be reading for her degree, doesn't think she will get around to reading them, they are too hefty, blah, blah, blah. In other words, she is no scholar! Back to Harry Potter books.

Sometimes she has the courtesy to blur out other people in the background. Not today! Too much work for her to appreciate the privacy of others.

Runs home to watch TV, study and do things she could have done at Oxford? Why? Oh, yeah, Ruby. Needs to slide back into her childhood for comfort, even as a Master's student at Oxford.

It seems like, once again, even running back home didn't particularly bring joy to her life. She sounded glum throughout the whole vlog and maybe finally realizing YouTubing only gets you so far, but hardly prepares you for reality. She is more than 1/2 way through her degree now and not a word about grades or how she is actually doing. Very little about studying, everything is so performative. She never mentions the future or what she plans to do after this. I still feel like she saw Oxford as an opportunity to play at roles, take dark academia pictures and gain something from it all. Instead she forgot to factor in the work a degree requires and that very few people her age, who are seriously studying at any uni for their Masters is not also recording for YT and have put childish things aside. I noticed recently her friend from Norway, Andrea, stopped doing YouTube because, as she said, she is older now (younger than Ruby) and just outgrew it. Good for her. She is busy living her life, not pretending some fake one.

Reactions: 23
Sponsored, yet again. Every single one is sponsored. I skip those parts.

Depressing music, sour face. Not looking particularly happy these days. I really wonder how her grades were, not to mention the status of her so-called "book". Her forced grimaces don't have me fooled. She is not loving Oxford and vice-versa.

Trouble looking straight in the camera. Avoidance.

She's getting nervous....Stressing out. Her skin looks ready to break out again.

Tosses aside books she probably should be reading for her degree, doesn't think she will get around to reading them, they are too hefty, blah, blah, blah. In other words, she is no scholar! Back to Harry Potter books.

Sometimes she has the courtesy to blur out other people in the background. Not today! Too much work for her to appreciate the privacy of others.

Runs home to watch TV, study and do things she could have done at Oxford? Why? Oh, yeah, Ruby. Needs to slide back into her childhood for comfort, even as a Master's student at Oxford.

It seems like, once again, even running back home didn't particularly bring joy to her life. She sounded glum throughout the whole vlog and maybe finally realizing YouTubing only gets you so far, but hardly prepares you for reality. She is more than 1/2 way through her degree now and not a word about grades or how she is actually doing. Very little about studying, everything is so performative. She never mentions the future or what she plans to do after this. I still feel like she saw Oxford as an opportunity to play at roles, take dark academia pictures and gain something from it all. Instead she forgot to factor in the work a degree requires and that very few people her age, who are seriously studying at any uni for their Masters is not also recording for YT and have put childish things aside. I noticed recently her friend from Norway, Andrea, stopped doing YouTube because, as she said, she is older now (younger than Ruby) and just outgrew it. Good for her. She is busy living her life, not pretending some fake one.
I agree with everything you have said Whisper2Me she is not happy at Oxford and seems to be really struggling the course hence the fact that she went home IMO. I mean a major red flag for me was the fact that she was struggling to come up with ideas for her 2 essays which instantly told me that she hasn't learned a single thing from the lecturers and seminars because if she did she would have a clear structure of what her essays would cover.

Reactions: 16
I agree with everything you have said Whisper2Me she is not happy at Oxford and seems to be really struggling the course hence the fact that she went home IMO. I mean a major red flag for me was the fact that she was struggling to come up with ideas for her 2 essays which instantly told me that she hasn't learned a single thing from the lecturers and seminars because if she did she would have a clear structure of what her essays would cover.
Yes! You and I are definitely picking up the exact same vibes! I agree with you entirely. Something is not going her way. Maybe a lot of things aren't. Hey, Master degrees are hard enough as it is. She has to think for herself, not rely on others or be spoon fed by professors and just re-spit out everything she heard. They want to see original, creative thoughts and papers. Not a rehash of what they said in lectures. I think she is way over her head. I also think continuing school in going for her Doctorate, which may have been her original plan, is probably scratched out now. And her writing career is a bust, too. She literally has nothing to fall back on other than young kids watching an older person twirl in fields as her hair falls out. Lovely aspirations!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I like to think Ruby has been listening to her lectures and seminars, but is doing it of 'Ruby Knowledge' because nothing is better than what Ruby knows. Bet she thinks she knows better than her lecturers, but does she really?

Reactions: 5
Yes! You and I are definitely picking up the exact same vibes! I agree with you entirely. Something is not going her way. Maybe a lot of things aren't. Hey, Master degrees are hard enough as it is. She has to think for herself, not rely on others or be spoon fed by professors and just re-spit out everything she heard. They want to see original, creative thoughts and papers. Not a rehash of what they said in lectures. I think she is way over her head. I also think continuing school in going for her Doctorate, which may have been her original plan, is probably scratched out now. And her writing career is a bust, too. She literally has nothing to fall back on other than young kids watching an older person twirl in fields as her hair falls out. Lovely aspirations!
As you mentioned before you really have to wonder what her grades were because if they were good she would have mentioned it the fact she hasn't said anything tells me that her grades were much lower than she was anticipating. But as you have said she has to think for herself and ask herself are the things I am mentioning in this essay appropriate or do I need to do more studying on that topic to make sure I understand the content in full, because at the moment all I am seeing is someone who doesn't have a clue on the topic that they are writing about hence the fact that she doesn't have a clear structure of what her essay should cover. One thing is for sure this masters is not going as well as she hoped.

Reactions: 17
I think she has the energy of someone who peaked at 16 and has never accepted that's the blue print for success. You can't write the same way you did at 16 and gain the same academic achievement, it's totally infeasible. But instead of taking on her tutor feedback she will take only praise and stick to that format.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.