Ruby Granger #41 Poor Blakeney, being replaced by ChatGPT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding her outfit choices: I like the General dark academia vibe myself (though in a bit more of a „natural“/realistic way as opposed to those dark academia outfits that look more like costumes) so I’m all for Ruby having her own style. The problem is that her clothes rarely ever fit her. Learning basic altering is not hard or for more complex alterations she could go to a tailor. Also what I noticed with many of her outfits is that the proportions are off or the combination/styling is a miss. It’s a shame really with all the generally quite nice clothing pieces she has…
She also can't match pieces, she really has a bad eye when it came about esthetic. Everything looks either cheap or dirty, either not her size, either just more like a costume rather than a regular clothing piece. And it's the same for her hair, this lenght without any volume made her it look unhealthy.

Reactions: 15
Thread name suggestion! ”Ruby Granger #42 Petition to rename it the Radcliffe Vlogging Camera”

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm hoping that those concerning titles are possibly quotes she has copied and pasted into Notion because she likes them? as in they are part of a bigger quote and not so concerning afterall?

Reactions: 11
I mean, I write quite a lot (though I don’t film myself doing it so it probably doesn’t count) and if someone were to have a little browse through my Notes app, they’d probably be quite concerned if they didn’t have any context, so it might be that. If not, I hope she reaches out to somebody.

Just gonna drop this here...
They are right, Gaudy Night is so cool and set in Oxford, although the super witty humor and romance will be wasted on Ruby. Also, the book is so much better, but we know that she don't do books.

Also, lol about the "efisien" and not just about the spelling

Reactions: 5
They are right, Gaudy Night is so cool and set in Oxford, although the super witty humor and romance will be wasted on Ruby. Also, the book is so much better, but we know that she don't do books.

Also, lol about the "efisien" and not just about the spelling
20 points to Gryffindor. For deciphering the second part of the comment. I thought the person was just letting autocorrect write it.

OT but that part "I liked see you as a sweet girl, politely" reminds me of bad NSFW Tinder opening lines like 'Sit on my face, respectfully".

The internet has ruined me. Luckily Ruby's videos help me return to a childlike, innocent state where the fairies are still talking to me and mummy and daddy chase away all the monsters under my bed and a cup of tea fixes all my problems.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She made so many basic factual errors about Oxford in that video. I’m not going to correct them all because (1) I don’t want to help her and (2) I know a few people on the thread find it boring, haha. So I’ll just say that I can’t believe she admitted on camera - and included in the video! - not knowing she couldn’t borrow books from the library. And secondly, lmao at her buying and wearing that touristy Oxford lanyard. Girl, just no, it’s so cringe - there’s a reason why they sell those in the souvenir shops…

Reactions: 21
Had to laugh at how different that recent Kaeyln Grace Apple's Oxford vlog was to Ruby's. Kaelyn is sat in the same area in the Radcliffe and you just take in the view whilst she studies. Ruby is waffling on about the architecture that she'd read from wikipedia. Pretty much exactly what Ruby says is from its wikipedia page. She's so extra, wanting to look so smart, and just ending up being so basic.

I thought her first day revealed so much of herself. What she wanted Oxford to be as a 17 year old when she first applied and thought she was going to get in. At her interview they must have seen right through her pretentious/doesn't really read act. She's kept that idea of Oxford in her head all these years and wanted it so much, when a sensible person who's been through a degree already would realise that it's not Hogwarts, it's just another uni, and yes it's more expensive and harder to get into, but it's still just about gaining marks and making connections to get you on to the next step of your career ladder.

Reactions: 14
She made so many basic factual errors about Oxford in that video. I’m not going to correct them all because (1) I don’t want to help her and (2) I know a few people on the thread find it boring, haha. So I’ll just say that I can’t believe she admitted on camera - and included in the video! - not knowing she couldn’t borrow books from the library. And secondly, lmao at her buying and wearing that touristy Oxford lanyard. Girl, just no, it’s so cringe - there’s a reason why they sell those in the souvenir shops…
Can you put them on the other thread we created for off topic stuff/funding discussions? I haven’t given the name so she can’t find it 😂

Reactions: 3
I was really surprised that she didn't know she was unable to take books out at the library. In the US we all have sections and collections of books that cannot be removed from libraries, whether it is a university library or even a public one, like the reference section. Other people need these books, too, and you can't just grab and hoard them at home. Some are highly valuable or rare and hard to replace, while others, being in multiple volumes would be horrible if a volume went missing. Others have research and papers to do, not just her or her fleeting moments of browsing through a book or reading a random essay. I feel like this ignorance on Ruby's part just shows how she spent more time writing her book and travelling rather than preparing for Oxford, and how little she actually has used libraries throughout her life. It has been more about taking photos reaching for books than actual studying.

I'm still kind of laughing at her whispering and paranoid attitude around Oxford. She is acting more like a tourist on holiday. Wait until classes and work hits her in the face. It can be a hard transition to get back into full time studies after a year of romping around in fields and play-acting. Hopefully with time she will realize her peers are there to study and get higher degrees for their careers, and not filming or taking selfie pictures for their social media platforms. She has dug a deep hole for herself, in that she just doesn't get reality at all and chatting to a camera with complete strangers is the only norm she knows.

If I were Blakeney I would be so weirded out seeing my photos plastered on the wall and labelled as one of her favourite people, the other 3 being her immediate family. So sad to see she has basically no circle of friends, not even a small one. She and Blakeney didn't even see each other for a year. That doesn't come across to me as a firm, healthy friendship, no matter what she says. Her need to have a picture of her on her wall during this short stint at Oxford is just bizarre beyond measure.

Reactions: 26
Hi, I never write much on here but I'm a long-time lurker.
Does anyone know when her actual classes are going to start? I get so many secondhand nerves from this girl who is supposed to be all about studying not really preparing for her master's 😭 Where I live when you start your master's you need to already have your thesis topic picked and a literature review written. Also, does anyone know if she is doing a one-year or a two-year program?

I don’t understand why she’s acting like simply being in Oxford is a big deal, with all the “I can’t believe I’m actually here” performances? There will be people who live there that have never been to the university. I went to Oxford the other week for a concert. I got drunk in their Turtle Bay and went to see a rock band, and I don’t have a single GCSE (because of personal reasons unrelated to just not passing them, but still) - God knows what Ruby would think of me. 😅 Does she not realise that she could have visited Oxford before now if she was that enamoured with the place itself? But she’s not. She just wants to be seen in the wild as an Oxford student, hence the lanyard. 😂 Her whole schtick right now is so fake.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Hi, I never write much on here but I'm a long-time lurker.
Does anyone know when her actual classes are going to start? I get so many secondhand nerves from this girl who is supposed to be all about studying not really preparing for her master's 😭 Where I live when you start your master's you need to already have your thesis topic picked and a literature review written. Also, does anyone know if she is doing a one-year or a two-year program?
Apparently her course is only 8 or 9 months long (can’t remember exactly)

Reactions: 4
I was really surprised that she didn't know she was unable to take books out at the library.
Par for the course, really. She never researches anything.

She did the same thing for her pointless, performative trip with mummy to Surrey to visit the archives when she should've been writing her dissertation.

She went there for no other reason than to be seen in what she thought would be a VARRY DARK MACADEMIA environment holding LYEWIS CARROLL'S LATTARS, which she already had access to printed collections of at home. Then she complained what a pointless trip it was and that she wasn't allowed to photograph the things she went there to photograph.

A little bit of common sense and basic research would've shown her that it wasn't a dark academia environment and told her exactly what the restrictions were on photography. But she's just incredibly lazy and stupid. Now so concerned with what the libraries look like that she's not checked the basic restrictions on lending and access.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
the lanyard is so cringe. oxford students normally wear their college merch not the oxford uni lanyard ...

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.