Ruby Granger #41 Poor Blakeney, being replaced by ChatGPT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot (697).png

Hi, can someone explain what codex is? I googled it, thinking it was probably one of those apps that summarize books for you, but it says it's an AI??? Pls tell me she's not literally saying that an AI is "the best" because she can't be bothered to flick through a book to figure out if she'd like to read it???

OT: came back from uni, super tired, but instant :devilish: smile when I saw that Rumbster uploaded lol super boring as usual though. Gah, she's as dull as that beige jacket.

Reactions: 10
It is outstanding to me that you can hear people laughing in the background at one point, but she edits away at that point. She just looks so awkward and uncertain of herself where she is. The whispering when no one is around is getting weird now. The clips of others around her in shirts and jeans then there's her in her teacher-gimmick-looking outfit is outstanding. At one point there was even a lady behind her in a plaid button down. She really needs to find comfort in herself and not wear these dark academic outfits. She just looks ridiculous.

Not sure how that Gladstone link is creepy, Rubs, but okay.

Why did her doing her dishes turn into the darkest room possible? That was far more creepy than the library.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Pret or Pret a Manger is a fancy sandwich/cafe/coffee shop here in the UK, mostly in the southern end of the country. They do a coffee subscription that I think you have to pay for and you'd have a consumer quite a lot of coffees from them in order for this subscription to actually save you any money or be worthwhile.
Since when does Ruby consume caffeine?

Reactions: 1
Ruby's "FAARST DAY" at Oxford was quite clearly stitched together from at least two days of footage and full of her usual never-actually-happened, off-screen, time-filling tasks. Starting as she means to go on, I guess. Pret (sorry, "PRAT") visits are the new outfit changes as Ruby makes what feels like 95 visits in one "day".

Not shocking at all, but what a profoundly dull vlog considering she's in a brand new city with a world of things to do and show on camera. Ruby stares at screens. Ruby poses with more books she'll never read. Ruby puts herself on display in public places so she has an audience to witness her "stoddying" (i.e. getting ChatGPT to summarise essays for her). Ruby grimaces for the camera doing a thoroughly unconvincing job of pretending she's SYO ACKSOYTED to be away from mummy for this grand, performative adventure in time wastage.

Untitled5445675645 - Copy.png

She says she's going to compile a list of books to take from the library, but shows herself looking up where each book is kept, then checking on Google Images what each library looks like before going.

It absolutely looks like she's just window-shopping for "asstattick" locations to be seen and filmed standing in, and no doubt any books kept in a modern space or somewhere that wasn't darkly academical enough was crossed off the reading list.

Untitled54456754564645 - Copy.png

She then shows a bizarre room inventory she's keeping. It's divided into sections, including what's on her window seat. She starts adding the list of library books she's planning on borrowing to her room inventory before she's even taken them out, for some strange reason. It's baffling, but only adds to the already-cemented idea that Ruby has no interest in reading a damn thing. Those books are decorations and nothing more.

Temporal anomalies follow Ruby wherever she goes. She claims that after writing a VARRY INTALLIJANT and NWOT AT AWLLL PRETANTIOUS postcard to nobody, she searched the basement stacks of the Gladstone Link for a book, got distracted by other books to try (OFFCWOARSE) and browsed through them all. She moans that she's heard "horror stories" about this area and moans about how creepy it is. It looks like most academic libraries, but Ruby was naturally just disappointed that it didn't look like the Hogwarts library.

Untitled5445675456755675664645 - Copy.png

She is, unsurprisingly, only interested in books on the top shelf, because reaching for books in high places is her favourite visual representation of her being a TWALVE YAHHR OWLLD child genius in a world full of adult bullies.

reachforthesta54#aars.jpg

After browsing books, she says she then went back upstairs to read an entire "COLLACKSHON OF ASSAYS" - 'Allegory & Violence', 189 pages in total - with time spent setting up cameras in between. Then, after returning the books, it's time to walk back into Oxford town centre to get "SYEESHEE" for "LONCH". Ruby remarks that this was a VARRY LATE LONCH. She's apparently feeling victimised by people pointing out all her lies and time inconsistencies, because she's tried to avoid saying a specific time and decided to give herself a little leeway with this one.

"Oiy think it was loiyke, threeee or fwore o'clock?" she says, audibly squinting through her lies. And since she didn't say what time it was when she started all this tit, she probably assumed it'd be hard to put a time window on how long it took to do all this, only that she appeared to do a lot in a little.

Only she forgot to check the footage again, so...

Untitled544567545675664645 - Copy.png

Untitled54456754567556745645664645 - Copy.png

It's 2:25pm when Ruby gets started, and she wants people to believe she got settled, set up a camera for filming, wrote a postcard, browsed the library stacks and filmed multiple angles of it, skim-read a few books, went upstairs, read an entire 189 page essay collection, then packed up, walked into town for lunch, all in 30-90 minutes. Even at the top end, it's utter bullshit. No chance she read that book. She skimmed a few pages for the camera, got a few shots in the library, then bailed.

"Theee ARCHITCKTURE in this building is josst ACKSQUISITE. The ceiling, as you can probably tell in this clip," Ruby says, not showing the ceiling in the clip, "is koind of a baroque stoiyle? It was actually...SPILT in the mid-eighteenth century?"

Who knew that such wonderful and detailed architectural design could come from just accidentally knocking over buckets of cement on your ceiling? What wonderful things people learn at Oxford.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
1696445612889.png

I know it's not that much, but this video has unusually higher dislike ratio than the others.
Did this video rub the real Oxford crowd the wrong way?🤨

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Pret or Pret a Manger is a fancy sandwich/cafe/coffee shop here in the UK, mostly in the southern end of the country. They do a coffee subscription that I think you have to pay for and you'd have a consumer quite a lot of coffees from them in order for this subscription to actually save you any money or be worthwhile.

actually, because pret is so extortionate, you dont need to consume that many to make it worth it haha

it's £30 for 5 drinks a day. if you have at least 2 pret drinks a week, it works out cheaper

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Since when does Ruby consume caffeine?
Since she unlocked another personality trait. NPC LARP.

Like a Sim, when they graduate university, they can get a trait.

Ruberty watched one Gilmore Girls episode and then decided she wants coffee as a personality.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Ruberty watched one Gilmore Girls episode and then decided she wants coffee as a personality.
It's more sugar and plant juice than coffee at this point tbh... Barely tastes like coffee.

Reactions: 6
Did anyone else read the sidebar of that Notion? It's quite scary - one of the titles refers to suicide?? ("And maybe I'd kill myself")
There's another entry that looks quite sad/disturbing too?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
She literally just went to Oxford to shop.

The way she kept saying "Oi cahn't believe I'm here" as if Oxford, the city, isn't open to the general public.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Buys a Jesus College pin, says she’s going to put it on her “layple”. I believe she means lapel. Her inability to pronounce basic words and use language appropriately is just embarrassing at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Looks like it's Daddy Bones' birthday. Did Ruby use it as a handy excuse to run home in her first week? Taking all bets.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I also noticed this (aka zoomed in and tried as hard as possible to make the words out).

One of the titles appears to say something like "and maybe I'd kill myself if..."

There's also a "New Vocabulary" which is presumably where she plots any word she's seen elsewhere in literature or in other people's lexicon that she thought sounded clever and would do the same for her should she write or say it 🥴

Did anyone else read the sidebar of that Notion? It's quite scary - one of the titles refers to suicide?? ("And maybe I'd kill myself")

• Wow
actually, because pret is so extortionate, you dont need to consume that many to make it worth it haha

it's £30 for 5 drinks a day. if you have at least 2 pret drinks a week, it works out cheaper
Yeah the Pret subscription is actually great if you're the kind of person who would be buying a coffee everyday anyway - pretty sure a cappucino is like £3.50, so if you're getting one every day on the way to work (don't judge me pls) then getting the subscription is basically like getting two whole weeks of coffee for free per month. Also, you get 20% off their food which is still extortionate but...that falafel wrap 🤤 and the first month is only £15 so for students it's a GREAT deal IMO.

Anyway I'm just surprised she went to Pret, surely there's loads of independent coffee shops in Oxford that are more Ruby's vibe

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I imagine she's been using this as yet another general notes app (this doesn't look like the Notion layout to me, not sure why she needs 4,560 of those apps alongside Notion but Ruby's gonna Ruby) and some of those are more of her bad writing samples from her YA book/s alongside shopping lists, to-do lists, video ideas and other nonsense.

Reactions: 5
Anyway I'm just surprised she went to Pret, surely there's loads of independent coffee shops in Oxford that are more Ruby's vibe
If they're anything like coffee shops in Cambridge, then they have no patience towards students who buy one drink and try to occupy a table for half a day. And we all know she doesn't like supporting small independent shops (who aren't sponsoring her)!

The inconsistencies in this video are so blatant it's ridiculous. The first time she takes out a book in the college library and goes to read in a café, she says it "wasn't any serious reading, just two or three chapters" (lol sure, you really showed us you big superior intellect you!), and when she later refers to it she points out only having read one chapter. If this is how she treats continuity in everything she creates I'm not surprised all of her novels so far have been shot down 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Nothing has changed for Rubes, no new pages, no attempts at growth and not lying through her teeth at all times. I don't even want to know what it's like inside her head, constantly being caught in one unnecessary lie after another. If her phone and camera seized to exist, I fear she'd disappear completely, everything she does is "for the 'gram", so to speak. She has no personality outside the personas she's borrowed. I know she'll use Oxford for content but the best thing she could have done for herself would be quitting social media and trying to be an actual real person while at Oxford, taking advantage of the new place and people, and having a tangible purpose.

Reactions: 22

Yeah don't come at me but you can't equally be both a real tea person and a real coffee person I think :LOL: I mean I have coffee in the day and tea in the evening, but if you love tea so much you have a tea station I'm not buying you're a constant coffee drinker- it's so something she's putting on

There's a bird and blend in Oxford? No footage of that yet haha

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.