Ruby Granger #41 Poor Blakeney, being replaced by ChatGPT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's been lots of evidence that Ruby doesn't read the books she claims to, academically and recreationally.

She's admitted on multiple occasions that she reads study guides/character guides and does so before even opening the actual book. She claims this is so she understands the text before going into it, but that makes zero sense and this is quite obviously her reading Sparknotes instead of the actual text.

On top of that, throughout her degree, Ruby mentioned that she scheduled in a session with Blakeney before every single seminar to discuss the required reading. Ruby made sure that she and Blakeney were on every module together and that Blakeney shared all her Notion notes for uni. She claims to be a genius, yet apparently needs study guides and her best friend to explain basic undergrad texts to her. Again, it seemed like a blatant red flag that she skipped the reading and got Blakeney to bring her up to speed.

She's often completely unaware of major plot points in books she claims she read at least once, if not multiple times. With Call Me By Your Name, despite saying she read the book twice, she was unaware of the infamous peach scene. She claimed she'd just forgotten about it when commenters pointed it out (after she featured a scene in an Italy vlog of her messily eating a peach while pretending to re-read CMBYM, blissfully unaware what happens in the book).

She's openly admited to only skim-reading certain genres of books before and said she would just flip past any scenes that bored her (scenes featuring relationships, sex, drugs or anything that Erimentha Parker wouldn't agree with) even though this would be a huge chunk of a lot of books. She's been quiet about it since, but clearly it still happens, if she reads the books at all.

She's been caught recently getting ChatGPT to tell her things that happened in books she claims she read.

Her reviews and comments on anything she reads are completely devoid of any information beyond what you'd find in a cover blurb. When asked to provide more detail/information, she'll ignore people or offer bizarre excuses for why she can't.

Her reading/readathon vlogs never usually discuss the book at all. There's just a heavy emphasis on how many pages she read instead. It gives the distinct impression that she's just pretending to read for the camera, especially when you factor in that all her "I read X books in 24 hours" videos are blatantly edited together from several days of footage.

At best, she skim-reads everything and skips past major chunks of the book, then claims credit for reading the full thing. At worst, she's not reading most books at all and just uses study guides, lecture notes, Googled thoughts and ideas and Goodreads reviews as a substitute for reading the book.
small addendum and another reference to the Karamazov pronunciation debacle that haunts me to this day: I read the Brothers Karamazov at the same time as she „did“, albeit in a German translation and not English. I don’t believe for a second that she read the whole book in the time she said she did and that she did not skip parts to an extent. Especially if you compare it to the literature she seems to prefer to read usually
---
View attachment 2494547

Ultravegan Rubert confirms that she didn't buy the vegan Doc Martens and went leather instead.
To be honest I am not a fan of most „vegan“ alternatives to leather goods one can buy nowadays. Most are just plastic and are not better for the environment and in the long run quite detrimental to wildlife/nature in general. If Ruby prefers natural fibres/animal goods for her clothes then that’s all well and good, but her veganism is just so damn performative, especially considering that she’s apparently not fully vegan anyways…

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I genuinely do feel a bit worried about this. I know Ruby can be a bit of a twit but I’ve watched quite a few OU debates online (they have a YouTube channel) and it looks like it can be quite a bruising experience for some. Since Ruby appears to be so scared of Oxford and other students that she’s only leaving her halls at 6.30 am to go to Pret, I don’t know how she’s going to cope with that. That and if she’s not keen on being recognised, this seems counterproductive.
Yep I think she’ll find it tough going. Mark-Francis can be vicious and it’s not really a balanced group - Ekin-Su, really?

Reactions: 14
I genuinely do feel a bit worried about this. I know Ruby can be a bit of a twit but I’ve watched quite a few OU debates online (they have a YouTube channel) and it looks like it can be quite a bruising experience for some. Since Ruby appears to be so scared of Oxford and other students that she’s only leaving her halls at 6.30 am to go to Pret, I don’t know how she’s going to cope with that. That and if she’s not keen on being recognised, this seems counterproductive.
Agreed. I sadly can also see her running out in tears. No one is going to be treating her with kid gloves at an Oxford Union debate. My feelings on the Union aside, it's a sort of long-standing well-known forum where being gentle with the love islander, tiktoker and youtuber is just not going to happen. If it's recorded, there's going to be clips of 'InFLueNcErS SlaMmEd By JoUrnALisT' being spread everywhere. Up against a journalist and a member of the House of Lords, good God, she's in trouble.

For the love of God, Ruby, pull the introverted card and drop out of THIS, not a casual pizza night!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
There's been lots of evidence that Ruby doesn't read the books she claims to, academically and recreationally.
If this is all true - and I don't doubt it as you seem to have encyclopaedic knowledge of Ruby - it really boggles the mind that you can obtain a First class degree from a leading university in this way. It would've been literally impossible to have even passed anything on my degree working like this. Do we know if her undergraduate degree have exams or whether it all coursework, and whether her Oxford degree will have exams etc?

Reactions: 11
To be honest I am not a fan of most „vegan“ alternatives to leather goods one can buy nowadays. Most are just plastic and are not better for the environment and in the long run quite detrimental to wildlife/nature in general. If Ruby prefers natural fibres/animal goods for her clothes then that’s all well and good, but her veganism is just so damn performative, especially considering that she’s apparently not fully vegan anyways…
Yeah, if she didn't make a big production out of her performative veganism, it wouldn't be an issue. But her constantly screaming about how VARRY vegan she is and how OFFCWOARSE she got the vegan option of everything, then buying leather and eating dairy products all the time just shines a light on how fake everything she does is.

When did Rubes do the last debate? I remember cringing at it but idk when it was
I thought it was at least a year ago, but the Tattle discussion happened 25th January 2023.

So she's willingly signed up to put herself through two of these humiliating experiences in the same year, even knowing full well that she cannot fudge her way through discussions that require on-the-spot thinking and will always look incredibly stupid. I am impressed at her dedication to learning absolutely nothing though, it's the only thing she shows any genuine commitment to.

At least in the last debate she was up against respected academics who could tell she was out of her depth and didn't go for the jugular, but debating in a crowd of Z-list celebs all vying for attention, she won't have that luxury. It's also hilarious that the first thing she signed up for at Oxford was an event full of Tories. How long before she pulls a Jack Edwards and shows up on GB News?

Reactions: 14
For the love of God, Ruby, pull the introverted card and drop out of THIS, not a casual pizza night!
This! I can't for the life of me understand why Ruby agreed to this, she'll be eaten alive. She didn't do brilliantly at the other public speaking event (can't remember what it was, something to do with Gen Z?). She'd be better off forming a small group of friends and concentrating on her studies.

Reactions: 18
New thread :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.