Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

crowleyskeeper1

Palisades Lost? What a stupid title. It just sounds like word salad. Gives me zero idea of what the book is actually about. Unless it's about, idk, a medieval village's struggle with their exterior walls vanishing in the night as an enemy army approaches
She's probably ripping off Paradise Lost which is why she didn't want to share the title. If it's essentially a fan fiction that's fine, but she can just say that. I grew up on wattpad and fanfiction can be fun and entertaining. You just can't publish it as completely your own work unless you call it a retelling of the original or drastically change the characters, themes, and plot.

Reactions: 3

ilovetrashtv

Why does she hold her arms/elbows out like she does when taking a photo in front of a mirror? Body checking? 🙄
Not saying this is what she’s doing but when I’m taking a mirror selfie and I’m worried my arms look chubby, this is exactly how I hold them.

Peony14

Also; why is she lying about how if she hadn’t had a YT channel as an income, she wouldn’t have been able to take a gap year? Her parents are wealthy and we all know it.
To be fair even if her parents are wealthy it does not automatically equal to her being able to have taken a gap year. Maybe her parents would not have fully financially supported her through it? It´s their and not her money after all. I know quite a few people (myself included) whose parents could easily completely financially support them through a gap year, but don´t so that the child learns to support themselves (or they do pay for a gap year, but only under certain conditions, ie the child having a plan for their gap year and sticking to it and not just lounging around doing nothing).
Of course it´s a privilege if you have a safety net money wise, but we can´t just assume that someone with wealthy parents get absolutely everything they want, no questions asked.
---
Anyone know what she means by practice transcriptions? I don't have a humanities background so I've no idea.
I think she means looking at the original manuscript and transcribing it to a new piece of paper/digital document for easier use of the text. Many old texts can be a bit difficult to decipher or in general are just hard to read quickly.

londongirl92

Her newest TikTok… how can she talk for a minute and a half without saying hardly anything at all 🙄 also seems like she’s doing more busy work for her masters!

View attachment 2431785

I thought I was a bad procrastinator but Jesus I wouldn’t be messing about with watercolours when my Masters is due to start imminently 😂
I was very busy and now I am catching up on the thread.
Wanted to react to this because I saw this on her IG too.
1) undated planner..... so she doesn´t need to bury her planner completely
2) to write up a poem- so English is not my mother tongue: Isn´t is just "write a peom"?
3) practise transcriptions: me being an engineer: Wolud you explain to me what this means?
Would love you answering me though it is a reaction to n older post.

soph30

VIP Member
If that’s the case posting a pic of her drinking her dark academia coffee in her ‘home’ is a lieeeee 😈

Binx

VIP Member
Also, the sweater she is wearing in her Q&A video is the People Tree “Jura” cardigan, 100% wool (so vegan!), original price £149.
either gifted or she got it off vinted/depop. no way would she fork out that much of her own money

Charlotte_Sometimes

Chatty Member
I’ve never been to uni at all so I’m wondering what types of books they have. I can’t imagine them having rows of YA books for enjoyment? The libraries seem like they would be mostly educational and related to all the courses you can study??
Don’t worry she can probably join the public library for any YA books she ‘needs’!

Deeandra2020

Nothing quite so scholarly and erudite as posing with a cappuccino and a Little Pangwin, Big Oideas compilation of excerpts from a book you have no intention of actually reading 🙃

View attachment 2482129

I’m living for this content, we’re going to have so much fun 🤩🥳
Ngl she looks like a middle aged working class woman going to work in the office except it’s Ruby at Oxford

• Haha

Redrose97

Chatty Member
It's probably a clip from her holiday last year if anything, if she is on holiday now, I'd be stressing out as she starts uni within a few weeks!

Reactions: 2

friendlyfire

Why does she hold her arms/elbows out like she does when taking a photo in front of a mirror? Body checking? 🙄

pinkmug

VIP Member
I am curious why she chose Jesus. I assume many other colleges also offer less competitive literature programs, and she could find even more aesthetically pleasing/older accommodation with some of them.

Rumblemumble

Notice how she's also wearing a completely different outfit which makes me certain that she put the flowers on her windowsill when she came back from brunch with her mum.
That was the point I made actually ahaha 🤣 curious though, what did you think I was trying to say?

She did a couple of creative writing modules, for one in her first year she got her lowest grade, then she did a children's writing module in her final year. She handed in this nightmarish crap, complete with her patented language fuckups:

View attachment 2445608
View attachment 2445609
View attachment 2445611

"What a depacle" indeed.

View attachment 2445622

Her Lemony Snicket ripoff book was also part of her creative writing module, and she handed in this absolute mess of an essay to accompany it. This was apparently her final draft of this essay, yet the first paragraph alone is riddled with massive errors and general stupidity. Ruby hypes up how her Lemony Snicket knockoff, by virtue of being just like Lemony Snicket, will fill a gap in the children's literary market...y'know, that gap that Lemony Snicket already fills.

"First-person middle-grade narratives are engaging and intimate; however, no popular third-person novel engages readers as intimately as David Handler."

She loves Lemony Snicket so much that she gets the author's name completely wrong, but thanks to her linguistic incompetence, she makes it sounds like David Handler (whoever he may be) is a novel, not an author.

She somehow got a First for this incoherent garbage. The wonders of grade inflation.
Is it me or does her nonsense verse not scan at all?