Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

custosmorum

Chatty Member
I thought the most bookish thing to do would be reading a book. How silly of me, when there are bookish candles to light, bookish teas to make, bookish wax seals to sloppily stamp and bookish playlists to play while staring at books on the shelf.

• Haha
Reactions: 56

Griftwood

VIP Member
Folks and gentlepeeps, we have officially hit the height of pretentiousness. She had her Dark Macadamia manuscript printed out.

IMG_2418.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

Deeandra2020

My hot take on all of this. I believe Ruby isn't there for the Masters. She just wants to live out the aesthetic of being at Oxford. Shes gonna get through Masters there, get at least a pass grade and go on this rant about how "grades aren't everything" and then talk about how she was "so thankful to have the opportunity to study there" it's all to live out her 'Hermoine Granger Lifestyle'.

By the way, off topic, I passed my Masters with a merit so I am buzzing right now.

• Heart

neina

I have nicely commented twice, linking UK govt websites as source, that throwing bread ,as her mother and grandmother seems to do, into rivers and canals to feed swans and ducks is not a good habit and she deleted these comments 😭😭

• Angry
  • Wow

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I mean… her results were fine. But her A-levels are nothing to write home about considering the amount of privilege involved and the hours she was putting in. Plenty of kids in the state system getting all A* without pulling 14-hour days! I’m not saying she did badly, of course, but they weren’t what I would consider top grades (or what I think would commonly be considered top grades for entry to the most competitive universities and courses).
Sorry but this post is absolutely mad. I’d already muted you because I find your posts utterly bizarre but suggesting straight A star at GCSE and A*AA are ‘fine’ and ‘nothing to write home about’ is insane. They are excellent grades far above the averages, if you allow your dislike of Ruby to lead you to claim otherwise I think you need to give your head a wobble to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Ruby's "FAARST DAY" at Oxford was quite clearly stitched together from at least two days of footage and full of her usual never-actually-happened, off-screen, time-filling tasks. Starting as she means to go on, I guess. Pret (sorry, "PRAT") visits are the new outfit changes as Ruby makes what feels like 95 visits in one "day".

Not shocking at all, but what a profoundly dull vlog considering she's in a brand new city with a world of things to do and show on camera. Ruby stares at screens. Ruby poses with more books she'll never read. Ruby puts herself on display in public places so she has an audience to witness her "stoddying" (i.e. getting ChatGPT to summarise essays for her). Ruby grimaces for the camera doing a thoroughly unconvincing job of pretending she's SYO ACKSOYTED to be away from mummy for this grand, performative adventure in time wastage.

Untitled5445675645 - Copy.png

She says she's going to compile a list of books to take from the library, but shows herself looking up where each book is kept, then checking on Google Images what each library looks like before going.

It absolutely looks like she's just window-shopping for "asstattick" locations to be seen and filmed standing in, and no doubt any books kept in a modern space or somewhere that wasn't darkly academical enough was crossed off the reading list.

Untitled54456754564645 - Copy.png

She then shows a bizarre room inventory she's keeping. It's divided into sections, including what's on her window seat. She starts adding the list of library books she's planning on borrowing to her room inventory before she's even taken them out, for some strange reason. It's baffling, but only adds to the already-cemented idea that Ruby has no interest in reading a damn thing. Those books are decorations and nothing more.

Temporal anomalies follow Ruby wherever she goes. She claims that after writing a VARRY INTALLIJANT and NWOT AT AWLLL PRETANTIOUS postcard to nobody, she searched the basement stacks of the Gladstone Link for a book, got distracted by other books to try (OFFCWOARSE) and browsed through them all. She moans that she's heard "horror stories" about this area and moans about how creepy it is. It looks like most academic libraries, but Ruby was naturally just disappointed that it didn't look like the Hogwarts library.

Untitled5445675456755675664645 - Copy.png

She is, unsurprisingly, only interested in books on the top shelf, because reaching for books in high places is her favourite visual representation of her being a TWALVE YAHHR OWLLD child genius in a world full of adult bullies.

reachforthesta54#aars.jpg

After browsing books, she says she then went back upstairs to read an entire "COLLACKSHON OF ASSAYS" - 'Allegory & Violence', 189 pages in total - with time spent setting up cameras in between. Then, after returning the books, it's time to walk back into Oxford town centre to get "SYEESHEE" for "LONCH". Ruby remarks that this was a VARRY LATE LONCH. She's apparently feeling victimised by people pointing out all her lies and time inconsistencies, because she's tried to avoid saying a specific time and decided to give herself a little leeway with this one.

"Oiy think it was loiyke, threeee or fwore o'clock?" she says, audibly squinting through her lies. And since she didn't say what time it was when she started all this shit, she probably assumed it'd be hard to put a time window on how long it took to do all this, only that she appeared to do a lot in a little.

Only she forgot to check the footage again, so...

Untitled544567545675664645 - Copy.png

Untitled54456754567556745645664645 - Copy.png

It's 2:25pm when Ruby gets started, and she wants people to believe she got settled, set up a camera for filming, wrote a postcard, browsed the library stacks and filmed multiple angles of it, skim-read a few books, went upstairs, read an entire 189 page essay collection, then packed up, walked into town for lunch, all in 30-90 minutes. Even at the top end, it's utter bullshit. No chance she read that book. She skimmed a few pages for the camera, got a few shots in the library, then bailed.

"Theee ARCHITCKTURE in this building is josst ACKSQUISITE. The ceiling, as you can probably tell in this clip," Ruby says, not showing the ceiling in the clip, "is koind of a baroque stoiyle? It was actually...SPILT in the mid-eighteenth century?"

Who knew that such wonderful and detailed architectural design could come from just accidentally knocking over buckets of cement on your ceiling? What wonderful things people learn at Oxford.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Griftwood

VIP Member
Nothing quite so scholarly and erudite as posing with a cappuccino and a Little Pangwin, Big Oideas compilation of excerpts from a book you have no intention of actually reading 🙃

IMG_2425.jpeg

I’m living for this content, we’re going to have so much fun 🤩🥳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

DubVar

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 22.47.22.png

For anyone who hasn't trudged through the agony of book two of Homer's Iliad, it is the catalogue of ships. It is what it sounds like, a big dull list of who gave what ships for the war.

I have never in my life heard of someone being excited to read that part, it is notoriously dull. Of course, you'd have to actually read it to know that...

As usual '#gifted' is very hard to read.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Freyjalace

Palisades Lost? What a stupid title. It just sounds like word salad. Gives me zero idea of what the book is actually about. Unless it's about, idk, a medieval village's struggle with their exterior walls vanishing in the night as an enemy army approaches
Maybe it's Paradise Lost but she's seen it pronounced both ways
---
maybe she’s hoping people will mistake it for Paradise Lost and not realise until they’ve already purchased it
Sorry I just saw your comment, we thought the same 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 46

bananapeel

1695490247001.png

One of the latest pins on her AXEFUD board. "She is intelligent"; "academic validation"; "I always get good grades". Interesting that she made it so blatant what she wants to be seen for there when she pinned this.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Anyone heard from gossip guy? Has Rumbster finally made a video so stupid and fake that she actually killed someone?
I'm alive, although her new video is definitely enough to bore me into a coma.

Ruby paid to have a vanity book printed with a Penguin Classics cover, because it's the only way she'll ever have Penguin Publishing's name on her book. Then she defaces it by covering it all in washi tape to hide the book title from viewers...a book title she was already stupid enough to reveal in previous videos.

Untitled65858rte456tr - Copy.png

The book title is 'Palisades Lost'. She showed it either intentionally or through sheer incompetence not 2 weeks ago. You can even see the Penguin Classics fake cover in the file thumbnail.

She rambles about her last book being rejected and says she knows it's part of the process. But the process is usually to work through that rejection and improve your work, or persevere until all viable publisher options are exhausted, while Ruby just started crying and yanked her book from submission right away to prevent further rejections, then made up some story about not wanting to publish it at all.

She's not build for the process of being a writer. It requires a thick skin and, most importantly, actual interest in and passion for being a writer, none of which she has.

It's an ad-ception as Ruby offers up undeclared ads within sponsored ads; Ruby advertises Skillshare, but makes sure to spend the segment advertising the content of Ali Abdaal, without mentioning that she shares the same management company and the same literary agency.

U456745ntitled - Copy.png

Apparently feeling self-conscious about the squalid state of her bed, with exposed mattress, sheets draped all over her dust-covered floor and bedding unchanged for weeks/months on ends, she's decide to cover the exposed mattress with a sloppy blurred square. She does not consider changing the sheets, properly fitting them to her mattress or washing her bedding.

U456745ntitled45645 - Copy.png

But because she's a completely incompetent dumbass who pays zero attention while blindly throwing footage together in editing, the square overlaps into the next clip/s, covering the sponsored segment with a distracting mess.

This is the part of the video she got paid for and it's just the laziest mess. And this isn't even the first time she's accidentally covered a sponsor segment in a mess of blurs when trying to hide her bullshit.

U456745ntitled45675645 - Copy.png

Ruby brags that she collects "Littol Pangwin, Big Oideas" books and has another to add to the shelf of books she'll just read a Sparknotes summary of. This one's 'Some Anatomies of Melancholy' by Robert Burton.

Ruby proclaims that it's apparently a "SAMINOL" work of early modern literature. So it's probably something well worth reading in preparation for the Masters course in early modern literature she starts in a week or so. Ruby says she might read it at Christmas instead, then gets back to procrastinating by typing more nonsense for her own book.

U456745ntitled45564675645 - Copy.png

In a completely shocking, totally unprecedented turn of events that nobody could've ever foreseen, Ruby was so preoccupied with faking stuff on the internet and procrastinating with pointless busywork that she is completely unprepared and disorganised when it comes to something important. Again.

Ruby moans that she's somehow run out of wrapping paper for her mother's birthday presents and is now being forced to recycle old paper instead. The horrors. I'm old enough to remember when Ruby was performatively bragging that she AWHLWHEYS YEEZES REESOYCULLED PAYPAH! (It was less than a year ago.)

I'm not at all shocked that she's tossed all uni prep aside to focus on her latest plagiarised mess of a book. She's no doubt still expecting a quick and easy book deal to land in her lap moments after going on submission. And I completely believe that she's desperately clinging to the hope that it'll happen really soon so she has an excuse to drop out of uni unscathed to focus on her "literary career". It's not going to happen and she's clearly living in a fantasy world to expect it, but the timing has now lined up so that, if her agent sends this out on submission, Ruby'll be receiving publisher rejections in droves right at the time she's getting undoubtedly disappointing grades back from uni.

She's her own worst enemy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Griftwood

VIP Member
Why does she always needs to use at least 3 containers to make her coffee? That would be way too much for me to wash up afterwards
What do you mean ”wash up”? It’s the Boneseses. The dishes will fester until Mummy Granger has a drunken fit of energy and puts them in the dishwasher, which will then flood and cause a minor tsunami, the aftermath of which is all the banging and yelling that’s in the background of all Roobee’s videos that she tries to cover up with loud birdsong.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
First things first…is this her dad in the back seat with headphones on acting like a sullen teenager?
IMG_3800.png

I would NOT skip the first social event! Now at the 2nd one everyone will already know each other and you’ll be the awkward newbie type vibes!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Don't give into peer pressure! It's okay to not want to interact with anyone on the unnecessary degree you're taking after paying £40,000 to prolong the university experience! Why go out for a couple of hours to have pizza and make an effort to meet the people who you'll be spending the next year with when you can bail on everything and have a meal of a tiny slice of sad cake in your room? Just stay home and make a dark macadamia MYEED BWOARD!

I thought she might at least try to engage with campus life a little the first week before losing interest entirely, but she couldn't even make it one day before mentally checking out.

"Oiy'm varry acksoyted," she says, looking like she's about to burst into tears at any moment.

She's sharing a kitchen with multiple other students and no doubt she already hates that. She also has a "college dad", so pray for the poor bastard who she'll be expecting to drive her home every weekend now Daddy Bones is enjoying some peace and quiet.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

figgypud

Chatty Member
It's wild to me that she reads critical essays before she's read the original text. I never do that because I don't want to be influenced by others' ideas before I've had chance to form my own but that's exactly what Ruby is out for. She can't stand the thought that she might start reading something and not understand it, or have nothing profound to immediately say about it.

Reactions: 42