Ruby Granger #41 Poor Blakeney, being replaced by ChatGPT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s very normal to have a kettle in your room at Oxford and Cambridge - this has been the case for years. She’s not doing anything weird in this regard at least!

We don’t know if she has a restrictive ED. There are valid reasons to think she might, but it could also be a “persona” and ED baiting for content. Anything is possible with Rumbster. But it’s impossible to say definitively she doesn’t by looking (and somewhat of a d*ck move).

Reactions: 14
View attachment 2488546

I have to admire Ruby's commitment to consumerism tea by buying a beast of a kettle 😁
That's no kettle, that's a water tank which she'll fill with lye to help dispose of the bodies of whichever lecturers give her a bad grade.

"Why nyo, officer, OFFCWOARSE oiy GANUINELY haven't syeen Profassar Womblefword AVVER BAWFWORE.

Oiy've haaahrd that he had an ethanol problam thyough, syo he probableee myoved to Australia or Antrarctica.

Didjoo know that they're called AA meetings because alcoholics always move tyoo a place beginning and anding with an A after they've been blodgeoned to dath with an Awksfwud Anglish Dictionaaahry--OIY MEAN, gone on an ethanol binge navver tyoo be seen agann?

Oiy've alsyo haarhd that he moight have abscyonded with the univaaaarsity charity fonds so you can awlsyo close that case and don't need to look in moiy ryoom for those, OIY PROMMISE YOOO THAT."

• Haha
Reactions: 32
My hot take on all of this. I believe Ruby isn't there for the Masters. She just wants to live out the aesthetic of being at Oxford. Shes gonna get through Masters there, get at least a pass grade and go on this rant about how "grades aren't everything" and then talk about how she was "so thankful to have the opportunity to study there" it's all to live out her 'Hermoine Granger Lifestyle'.

By the way, off topic, I passed my Masters with a merit so I am buzzing right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I think she'll defer a year about 3/4 of the way through the year just so she can spend yet another year there and suspend adulthood further

I am curious why she chose Jesus. I assume many other colleges also offer less competitive literature programs, and she could find even more aesthetically pleasing/older accommodation with some of them.

Reactions: 2
My hot take on all of this. I believe Ruby isn't there for the Masters. She just wants to live out the aesthetic of being at Oxford. Shes gonna get through Masters there, get at least a pass grade and go on this rant about how "grades aren't everything" and then talk about how she was "so thankful to have the opportunity to study there" it's all to live out her 'Hermoine Granger Lifestyle'.

By the way, off topic, I passed my Masters with a merit so I am buzzing right now.
I think a lot of it is also that she is scared to finished education. Her whole persona is based off of education and being at school so when that finishes she essentially looses part of her personality. She also enjoys getting to be immature and have people to look up to, which is far easier to do in education than a job. She is good academically and enjoys the praise and feeling like she is on top. She has already tried "work" in the form of her first book, and then obviously had a subsequent book rejected from publishers. I think she is scared to face the reality of no longer being the smartest/top of the class and have to essentially just become average and one of many employees all on the same level. She will probably end up working part time in a school trying to live vicariously through students, while using chat GPT to write her next literary masterpiece

Reactions: 17
At Oxford you are allowed to bring a kettle but it must be fitted with an automatic cut-out, however to get one Ruby will have needed to have filled out the Electrical Appliances Registration Form and got it signed by the college authorities.
https://home.jesus.ox.ac.uk/files/electrical-appliance-registration-formpdf-0
I feel like this is the same at other unis as well, but tbf to her I doubt many people follow those rules. I had a mini fridge and fairy lights in my uni room both of which "weren't allowed"

Then again I wasn't filming everything and shoving it on the Internet so 🤷

Reactions: 13
I feel like this is the same at other unis as well, but tbf to her I doubt many people follow those rules. I had a mini fridge and fairy lights in my uni room both of which "weren't allowed"

At Bath University they say that you must not bring a kettle to the university accommodation because of their health, safety and fire guidance. It also says that as a university they do provide these and other electrical appliances and make sure that they meet the latest safety standards.

Reactions: 1
I am curious why she chose Jesus. I assume many other colleges also offer less competitive literature programs, and she could find even more aesthetically pleasing/older accommodation with some of them.
[insert joke about her needing Jesus]

• Haha

Same for me. In first year people had heated clothes airers, air fryers, toasters, kettles, mini-fridges - anything really. You just put the stuff in a bag and hide it in a cupboard or the back of a wardrobe when they give notice of a room inspection.

Reactions: 6
I know this isn't new, but she was absolutely struggling to hold back tears at the end of that video.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
To be fair I´m kind of jealous of this kettle, it is very pretty compared to my old one :LOL: On a sidenote, I just remembered why I started to read on tattle in the first place: the whole Karamazov pronunciation debacle. Now evertime someone on here writes "She´s heard it pronounced both ways" in jest I get war flashbacks lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 29
i dip in and out ruby’s threads because she can be so boring so props to the regulars! my bf mentioned her out of the blue the other day as an example of overusing big words and “aesthetics” to make yourself seem smarter about a subject and i basically did the metal gear solid ‼ noise because i told him about ruby bloody ages ago as the reason why he shouldn’t study at axeter lolololol

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.