Ruby Granger #41 Poor Blakeney, being replaced by ChatGPT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i dip in and out ruby’s threads because she can be so boring so props to the regulars! my bf mentioned her out of the blue the other day as an example of overusing big words and “aesthetics” to make yourself seem smarter about a subject and i basically did the metal gear solid ‼ noise because i told him about ruby bloody ages ago as the reason why he shouldn’t study at axeter lolololol
Completely OT but your username is brilliant 😂😂😂 👏 👏 👏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
my god she’s so pretentious and cringe, pretending she’s just doing Latin translations casually 😂 girl thinks she’s in a Donna Tartt book lmao and by the looks of it so far she’s just taken pictures of and with a load of books, hope she’s ready for that first class discussion

• Haha
Reactions: 33
my god she’s so pretentious and cringe, pretending she’s just doing Latin translations casually 😂 girl thinks she’s in a Donna Tartt book lmao and by the looks of it so far she’s just taken pictures of and with a load of books, hope she’s ready for that first class discussion
Her whole latin spiel irks me to no end. I had latin for six years in school and there is so much that goes into eventually being able to accurately translate a text, even if it´s only a small excerpt. I suppose since she seems to have an actual latin class at uni she´s finally going to learn it properly as opposed to her "learning latin = copying random conjugations into a notebook" she did at home - at least I hope so.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Edit: good luck to her trying to find a fitted sheet for a double bed when every fresher in Oxford will have raided all the homeware shops.
It is quite worse - she said she will bring a fitted sheet from home, so what I take from that comment is that Ruberty will sleep on that tit stain until she goes home to get a fitted double bed sheet. So it depends on when she goes home how long she uses that ill-fitting blanket as a fitted sheet.

She won't buy a new one (even if money is not a problem), she would rather go home and get a fitted sheet.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
It is quite worse - she said she will bring a fitted sheet from home, so what I take from that comment is that Ruberty will sleep on that tit stain until she goes home to get a fitted double bed sheet. So it depends on when she goes home how long she uses that ill-fitting blanket as a fitted sheet.

She won't buy a new one (even if money is not a problem), she would rather go home and get a fitted sheet.
Maybe she's once again roleplaying a debt-ridden, working class student who has to budget and prioritise buying things. The industrial-grade designer kettle wins this round :')

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I do think having a kettle in your room is too much. It's hardly an effort to go into the kitchen, is it? At home she had an elaborate tea-making routine with a little tray she takes upstairs. Either she's embarrassed for people to see that or she's avoiding seeing people in the kitchen.
Some Oxford halls don't even have kitchens to be fair. Because my college was catered, we had one 'JCR kitchen' between 300 people. It was grim. So kettle and a mini fridge in your room was a must.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Our productive queen has blessed us with a video ✨

IMG_2437.jpeg

I’m entirely too excited about this lol

• Haha
Reactions: 34
First Day vlog is live.

She got her academic gown,
A Pret subscription,
Some souvenirs,
And books from the library.

Her beige oversized suit outfit made an appearance as did the the usual ballet music.

No mention of any other people yet.

Her voiceover sounded like she was shy or nervous.

She ate some ‘sushi’ and went shopping

Oh, she actually used the kitchen!

Reactions: 24
Jeez... didn't she have actual reading she needed to do before classes start next week? She's just taking out the most random books she sees while wandering. She's still stuck in the mindset of how scholarship is done in period fiction and not real modern life. But funny she admits her ignorance of the library system (what she can't access and or reading only libraries) when they literally tell that stuff to tourists passing through.

Reactions: 25
Well done, Ruberty. You made Oxford look boring.

She said this was probably one of the best days of her life. The poor dear....
---
Might be OT, but I feel like my Google suggestion is throwing some serious shade...
Screenshot_20231004_184138_One UI Home.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
AXEFUD is really bringing out the pretentious

IMG_2438.jpeg

I hope - how I hope that she keeps this up! 😁

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Why was there no one around while she was walking all over Oxford? Was it barely dawn? There wasn't a soul around! Literally downed 3 coffees before like 10am showing off the architecture, buying junky souvenirs, her dress gown, and getting books at libraries, because apparently she has never seen a book before, in her life. Her constant isolation just makes her videos so boring. I would be happy for her if she actually embraced socializing and had an end goal in sight, a reason for going after this very specific Masters program rather than just attending for academia settings and putting off adult responsibilities. I want some substance behind her vlogs and isn't any.

Reactions: 34
whoever said 'Ruby getting a Pret subscription' on their Ruby-Oxford bingo card just won a point 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35
whoever said 'Ruby getting a Pret subscription' on their Ruby-Oxford bingo card just won a point 😂
What is a Pret subscription? Sorry, not from Northern hemisphere.

Also ironically, "Pret" in my language means "fun", which Ruberty is definitely not in this video.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
AXEFUD is really bringing out the pretentious

View attachment 2490888

I hope - how I hope that she keeps this up! 😁
I usually have an okay tolerance for the pretentious. I'm in the belief that if you can motivate yourself to spice up the mind numbing mundane, be my guest, but Ruby really is taking the piss lol. Writing cards and letters like a head Secret History side character isn't the issue to me, but filming these inane excerpts and hoping that they will make her appear oh-so-clever is.

Nobody gives two shits about your vague, hollow references and 1910s sentences Ruby; save it for your tutors and for heaven's sake, do your actual reading.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I don’t think she forgot to bring her lanyard. I think she left it at home so she had an excuse to buy an Oxford lanyard so everybody she walks past knows she is studying there. Even though not a single person she walks past would actually care.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Also ironically, "Pret" in my language means "fun", which Ruberty is definitely not in this video.
Pret or Pret a Manger is a fancy sandwich/cafe/coffee shop here in the UK, mostly in the southern end of the country. They do a coffee subscription that I think you have to pay for and you'd have a consumer quite a lot of coffees from them in order for this subscription to actually save you any money or be worthwhile.

Reactions: 15

Oooo finally I get my own Ruby moment where I get to show off my knowledge!!

pret is a coffee/cafe branch which is short for ‘pret a mange’ which means ‘ready to eat’ in french.

Reactions: 6
Pret or Pret a Manger is a fancy sandwich/cafe/coffee shop here in the UK, mostly in the southern end of the country. They do a coffee subscription that I think you have to pay for and you'd have a consumer quite a lot of coffees from them in order for this subscription to actually save you any money or be worthwhile.
Thanks for the reply. Glorious consumerism. Love how she is making coffe another part of her personality.... Gilmore girls vibe - ironic, since the gifted, overachiever in GG is such a pamper child who thinks she's better than everyone else and she makes no mistakes. And she's an adulterer. So great rolemodel. /s

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.